Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Slight White/Blue Smoke At High Revs??????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
nos4ag
Regular

November 2002
Slight White/Blue Smoke At High Revs?????? Thu, 19 May 2005 07:35 Go to next message
Gday! I have just put a new 4AGZE Big Port Block in my car and I am running a T25 Turbocharger on it. I had a BOG Standard 4AGE Big Port in the car (AE82 Twin-Cam) before, still running the same turbo setup.
I just started the car for the first time yesterday and apart from the normal white mist and small bit of white smoke(because it was sitting for a while) coming out the exhaust, it ran/idled fine.
I must admit it does need a new tune on the dyno, but since it was idling allright and the engine was sounding beautiful, I gave it some higher revs.
If I slowly rev the throttle up to the redline there is no blue/white smoke at all.
But if I give it a couple of quick jabs towards the redline, there is about a 2 second charge out blue/white smoke out of the exhaust.
Any ideas?
The valve stem seals,rings and bearings are totally standard, but it has a full gasket/seal set installed.
And the motor had done only 35,000kms from the front cut.
This might have been posted before but I thought I would try my luck with a new post.
Any questions, queries and answers would be apprecieted. Smile
Regards, NOS4AG!
  Send a private message to this user    
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Slight White/Blue Smoke At High Revs?????? Thu, 19 May 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It might just be running a bit rich up top or your turbo seals could be getting a bit tired.
Most turbo cars blow slight puff of fuel smoke when you hit boost hard.
nos4ag
Regular

November 2002
Re: Slight White/Blue Smoke At High Revs?????? Fri, 20 May 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it is running a bit rich up top. And you could be right about the turbo seals aswell. It is just a second hand turbocharger. Would it be the high oil pressure pushing past the turbo seals do you think?
Cheers, NOS4AG!
nos4ag
Regular

November 2002
Re: Slight White/Blue Smoke At High Revs?????? Sat, 21 May 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rear Oil Seal in the turbo do you think? I was going to upgrade to something larger actually. Maybe S14 or S15 T28.
Should be a good thing. Smile
What do you guys think?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Slight White/Blue Smoke At High Revs?????? Sat, 21 May 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Considering your engine has only 35,000kms on it and your turbo didn't come on that engine from factory it would be a pretty safe bet to say its most likely your turbo seals.

Turbo seals on older turbo's pretty much always leak... take off your intake pipework and see how much play is in the shaft... this will give you a pretty good idea of the condition of your turbo.

Don't forget to check your axial (in out) play as well as your radial (up, down, left, right).
nos4ag
Regular

November 2002
Re: Slight White/Blue Smoke At High Revs?????? Sun, 22 May 2005 08:12 Go to previous message
I checked the play in the turbine shaft and there is NO play up and down and NO play side to side. Actually, it seems a bit tighter than when I first got the turbo.
After I put all of the turbo gear back on the new motor, I noticed that when I first started the motor up, there was a small (and the only one)oil leak that came from the rear turbine housing. It was between the dump pipe of the back and the gasket.
I am thinking that the rear turbo seal has gone.
What do you guys think?
Regards, NOS4AG!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HKS Metal Head Gasket (4AGE) / Head bolt torque
Next Topic:1g-gte enigne noise???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:11:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054659843444824 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.