Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Forged Internals in Perth??1G??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RayJJ
Occasional Poster

April 2005
icon5.gif  Forged Internals in Perth??1G?? Thu, 19 May 2005 11:04 Go to next message
I need to get my car back on the road and this time i want it to last. i decided to spend the money on building something stronger (forged internals in a 1g if avalible), so it can handle my uncontrolable foot.Can someone PLEASE point me in the right direction or am i already going the wrong way about this..ie a conversion would be just as cheap?
  Send a private message to this user    
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Forged Internals in Perth??1G?? Thu, 19 May 2005 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what happened to the car last time?

is it a 1g-ge or twin turbo, single turbo.

how much you looking at spending
RayJJ
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Forged Internals in Perth??1G?? Thu, 19 May 2005 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spun a big end bearing in my 1g-gte twinturb. im looking at spending $3000ish on a rebuild.If I can't get n e thing decent then I'll do the conversion.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forged Internals in Perth??1G?? Fri, 20 May 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of car is this?
RayJJ
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Forged Internals in Perth??1G?? Fri, 20 May 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1988 Gz20 soarer auto.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forged Internals in Perth??1G?? Fri, 20 May 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unless you are really determined to have a 1G and/or are afraid of a conversion, I'd be trying to get hold of a JZA70 front cut and bolting the 1JZ and everything in.
RayJJ
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Forged Internals in Perth??1G?? Fri, 20 May 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know i can get a half cut drive in drive out for 4grand but if rebuliding the 1G is cheaper and avalible then i'd rather that, knowing im going to get a far few k's out of it without dramas.Are there rebuild kits floating around??
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forged Internals in Perth??1G?? Fri, 20 May 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For sure. A rebuilt one is nice to know you have, it's just always going to have less power than a 1JZ. As for rebuild kits, not to my knowledge, not that common.
RayJJ
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Forged Internals in Perth??1G?? Fri, 20 May 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that a good point, but if the engine is rebulid then it would always be ready for some sort of drastic mod when i have the money and time. Anyone that could give me info on where i can find a rebuild kit would be greatly appreciated.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Forged Internals in Perth??1G?? Fri, 20 May 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm 6boost. He was selling stuff like that IIRC a little while back.
RayJJ
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Forged Internals in Perth??1G?? Fri, 20 May 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IIRC? sry newcomer
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Forged Internals in Perth??1G?? Fri, 20 May 2005 23:04 Go to previous message
sorry, I am lazy Smile

if i remember correctly
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Silverstone tires
Next Topic:newbie.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 18:40:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01344895362854 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.