Toymods » The Outhouse » forza motorsport

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: forza motorsport Sat, 07 May 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 17:02

Josho wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 14:16

bathurst-91 wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 15:07

[It also lets you drift.. Now Im not going to get into an arguement about which game is more realistic, but in real life you can drift... and in GT4 you cant.

LMAO... mate I can drift in both games, hell even my 13 y/o brother can.

You cant drift in GT4. Yes we've all held the ass out and used n2o to keep it going. But its just not drift, the game has the inbuilt function to always snap you back over once u try to correct line. Its just wrong, end of story.

Your shit.

Im sorry, but drift in GT4 is not only possible, its fuckin beautiful! Sure, it takes practice, but ive been doing it for a while now, and im pretty good at it, able to link corner after corner etc. What the other guy said about you still countersteering when the car comes back, yes thats prolly it. Someone whos good at drift in GT3 cant just get on GT4 and drift it well, its completely different, but feels more realistic than GT3.

Its not just wrong, your just shit Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 07 May 2005 08:32]

Send a private message to this user    
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: forza motorsport Sun, 08 May 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found a list of cars in forza if anyone interested:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/news/20050117/forza.htm
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: forza motorsport Sun, 08 May 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow look at all the fantastic holdens! Laughing

they could have at least put the xr6 turbo in there for the aussies Sad
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: forza motorsport Sun, 08 May 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 18:31

bathurst-91 wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 17:02

Josho wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 14:16

bathurst-91 wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 15:07

[It also lets you drift.. Now Im not going to get into an arguement about which game is more realistic, but in real life you can drift... and in GT4 you cant.

LMAO... mate I can drift in both games, hell even my 13 y/o brother can.

You cant drift in GT4. Yes we've all held the ass out and used n2o to keep it going. But its just not drift, the game has the inbuilt function to always snap you back over once u try to correct line. Its just wrong, end of story.

but drift in GT4 is not only possible, its fuckin beautiful!

Sigh. I played GT4 for 5hrs straight, with a group of 15people on its release day (who of which actually attend circuit club meets and others drift ontrack in real life) besides that point I've been playing car games since I can remember.

After this 5hr session, all of the people who drift ontrack in real life sighted how it seemed to be hard to keep angles going. But we put it down to getting used to the game. Literally after weeks of play later (and Tsukuba track records that would be hard for a lot of people to beat) We all came to the conclusion that the physics are lacking. And again Ill state "its just not drift"

Now. On the otherhand, weve been playing forza for less than a week and havnt sucessfully linked entire courses with drift just yet, but we are getting there. It seems the game has a realistic learning curve in that you have to learn the course points and learn your re-clutch and downshift timings, and speed well to do it. Where as GT4 the drift learning curve is "learn how to control these un-natural/wrong physics to attempt drift". Forza is the closest thing to drift that I've seen in a game. 're-clutch anyone?' Its not perfect but it is definately above and beyond GT4 drift physics wise.

GT4 vs Forza? I like GT4 as far as time-attack goes but its just that fundamental factor inbuilt in the car physics of automated snap-back oversteer at certain points and angles. Its not right.

/end rant.

[Updated on: Sun, 08 May 2005 04:10]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: forza motorsport Sun, 08 May 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forza equals drift central, as soon as I got the S14 with enough power its all i did in the races with it, maple valley the full circuit i'll say it again is just insane, the long sweepers on the back of the track i have linked them all, i had a replay the first night i got the game of me in it, i link about three to four corners and then finally over cook it and loop it, i even do the whole capa drift ute show off down the main straight to link that up.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: forza motorsport Sun, 08 May 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i want forza... and my cousin is taking his time getting me my copy! Mad
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: forza motorsport Wed, 11 May 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a question "bathurst-91" are you playing GT4 with a controller or DFP?

I had a go with the controller the other night. It didn't give the same feel as the DFP I've used since day one. I've done a few track days in my car. Can't say I have "drifted" though because it hardly puts out over 45kWs Laughing But I still get the same feel from the game. Be it taking a racing line or throwing the car around for some loss of traction. Minus being thrown around yourself.

But I still haven't come across this "automatic snap-back" yet.

I'm still wondering if anyones making a wheel up for Forza. I wouldn't mind playing it with a wheel instead of that thing thats called a controller.

Live for speed is where its at ladies.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: forza motorsport Wed, 11 May 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://stuffo.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent= forza.htm&url=http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/74 34/Speedster-3-Force-Shock-Unveiled/

oh yeah, the ps2 controller is sooo much better ARGH
http://img64.echo.cx/img64/4918/gaygaystation27fx.jpg
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: forza motorsport Wed, 11 May 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^ Laughing Laughing Laughing
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: forza motorsport Wed, 11 May 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josho wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 13:09

Just a question "bathurst-91" are you playing GT4 with a controller or DFP?

I had a go with the controller the other night. It didn't give the same feel as the DFP I've used since day one. I've done a few track days in my car. Can't say I have "drifted" though because it hardly puts out over 45kWs Laughing But I still get the same feel from the game. Be it taking a racing line or throwing the car around for some loss of traction. Minus being thrown around yourself.

But I still haven't come across this "automatic snap-back" yet.

I'm still wondering if anyones making a wheel up for Forza. I wouldn't mind playing it with a wheel instead of that thing thats called a controller.

Live for speed is where its at ladies.

yes, you have, you hook the corner, goto counter-steer and the car grips and snips you out the other way. its unavoidable sometimes.

im yet to try the logitech 900 but when i do i can pretty much be certain this wil be eliminated.

Eldar.O.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: forza motorsport Wed, 11 May 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I checked out forza last nite

my favourite part over gt4....

engine conversions Evil or Very Mad
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: forza motorsport Fri, 13 May 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got forza last night, been playing it this morning (6yo brother's sick, parents away for the weekend)

ive only been playing the hot lap bit so far, and i have come to the conclusion that it rocks hehehe

the best little thing i reckon is how the driver actually moves with the car (like leaning into corners and stuff with their head) on the replays! this is in one of the le-mans type cars of course

cool?

forza = very yes hehehe
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: forza motorsport Fri, 13 May 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i haven't noticed that although i know in PGR2, when you changed gears they would and pulled the handbrake etc and they did move as well. These are the finishing touches that make the xbox more appealing to me.
Played it again last night first time since saturday night. Its fun having the tyres temp/pressue monitor thing on in the spec C rex running class A, mmm all handling mod bar tyres and 358kw makes it fun, understeer/oversteer damn stupid tryes. Anyway hit brakes watch temps rise to yellow on front, turn inside front goes hotter, understeer front tyres heat up more slide of, oversteer rears and inside front go yellow to red, just interesting to see which wheels are spinnng which can help you decide for tuning.
Oh get into career mode much better, and i did the stock miata races or some last night, omg so slow but quite competetive, although after seven laps the boredom gets to me and i become a dick and start drifitng the stock car spin and then have to restart lol.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: forza motorsport Fri, 13 May 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, been playing the career almost all day Laughing

started in asia with an s14 silvia Embarassed

edit: also noticed that the driver changes gears too Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:13]

Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: forza motorsport Fri, 13 May 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So how are the forza guys going in the career

atm im on level 25 and I have done only about 25% of the game

Ive got a shit load of cars include a S2 sprinter Razz that thing wheel spins at 140km
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: forza motorsport Sat, 14 May 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh wheel spin at 140 is for girls my integra wheel spins at 250kmph muhuhahhahahaha. I am almost at level 25 and have only got back into the game after a 5 day siesta due to uni, so i can see me hitting level 30 by the end of the weekend i did 2.5 levels last night in less than two hours. i ahev around 500000 to spend woot, rx7 with 20B is fun to drift but it can understeer like a bitch too.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: forza motorsport Sat, 14 May 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got forza last night. First off i wanna just say that to all the ppl that hyped it up for me, screw yas! im dissappointed now, the graphics, although the scenery looks better than gt4, it RUNS CRAP. its all goddam framey, for an xbox game to be framey... i am disappointed.

Now to the game, im used to the handling now, its not too bad at all, but just seems to feel a bit arcadey. The weight of the car doesnt seem to multiply as you throw the chassis around from side to side. Also i found that the 'pontiac GTO' actually handled really well, and i could slide it easily with just 3 mods, weight reduction, lsd and tyres, i actually like that car? roflmao.

Just wanna say that i dont think the game is layed out anywhere near as good as GT4. The map screen in GT4 is fantastic, the menus in forza not so good.

That said, im enjoying the game, but it definately is no GT4 killer, more a measly xbox substitute.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: forza motorsport Sat, 14 May 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch, run Maple Circuit.. or whatever its called grab an S15 modd it (but not too much) drif it and try link that track. Best thing ever Wink Someone needs to build that track in real life! =p

[Updated on: Sat, 14 May 2005 01:53]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: forza motorsport Sat, 14 May 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 that is my favourite circuit for drifting, i have the s14 and its just nuts. I ended up thowing the two way lsd in last night and top level tyres gotaa say grip is phenomenal but i am gonna go back to 1.5 and second best tyres as it will drift but you have to pish it a lot more and you spin a lot more. Oh and for Maple Valley make sure you do the long circuit thje back of that track is awesome link the sweepers i say.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: forza motorsport Sat, 14 May 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, After spending the better part of a whole day playing GT4, Forza & GTR, I have to say GTR is the winner. And sadly it wasn't even close.

I'm not going to get into a Forza vs GT4 debate, because I love them both and reckon they both rock... which is why I was sad that they were both so totally out-classed by GTR. Now I have played a crapload of car games (like, all of them!), and GTR is the first game I have ever played (ever ever ever!) that actually felt like I was driving a car. I'm using a logitech momo wheel for the PC, and using that for GTR is the single most realistic driving experience I have ever had playing any car game ever.

nuff said.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: forza motorsport Sat, 14 May 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
framey? Nope
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: forza motorsport Sat, 14 May 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P4 2.8 oc'd to 3.1.
1GB ram
Radeon 9800XT

Runs like a dream in 1024x768. (50 fps +)
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: forza motorsport Sat, 14 May 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your looken for realistic, try Grand Prix Legends, old but there are plenty of updates to get the GFX up to todays standard (well, not really but they ar better than the original)

Absolutely AMAZING game to drive, and did i mention hard? it takes you 10 laps practice to get around the track without crashing, let alone going fast Razz

When i get around to it i plan to make a metal frame for a car seat and my steering wheel and set it up for my ps2 + a computer (also Xbox if i didnt have to buy another wheel :/)

www.rscnet.org or something like that, race sim central... good place for all ur sims, but so far GPL is the most realistic one ive played, yet to try GTR out though.. or forza or GT4 for that matter (soon though!)
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: forza motorsport Sat, 14 May 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh ive run that maple syrup one its awesome, great corners to link. I was using the S14 that i bought first, but ive just put a beams 3sge in my sprinter, and im using that now, 831kg and 300kw or so!!! its nuts!!!

wish i had a capture card so i could make some sorta drift movie lol
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: forza motorsport Sat, 14 May 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Sat, 14 May 2005 16:53

framey? Nope

not you joorsh Razz
i was talking to arch re: forza

[Updated on: Sat, 14 May 2005 10:19]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: forza motorsport Sat, 14 May 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had lots of fun this arvo playing maple in the s14, i practiced drift for so long, ie continous practice for around 5-10 laps that the tyres actually were dead, then the engine started to die so i packed it in, man it was good fun same you can't save replays from the setup section. I did something really stupid, i bought i 240sx even though i had one and sold it and put an rb26dett into it, man thats thing is nuts, 573kw and 1040 odd kg,hehehehehe it knida doesn't drift cos you just overcook it to easy and you can't launch it off the line cos it just wheel spins first second third and fourth. Engine goes bye bye real fast.
Used my mines gtr in the hills stages man the one that is uphill than reverse downhill is a bitch 10.48km lots of fun but so hard on the brakes.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: forza motorsport Sun, 15 May 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona.. I dont own the game AE86slut does.. and the other night me and another friend went over and played split screen Maple Valley drift until 230am.... Basically, its line up at the top of the straight.. come in 1 infront of the other, and tandem drift the entire course until the straight again.. stop, switch places and try it again. We dont have it anywhere near perfect yet but if you think doing it solo is fun.. wait until you try tandem it! Laughing

Interesting comments about GTR.. ive heard the hype but I havnt played it yet so I'll have to wait and see.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: forza motorsport Sun, 15 May 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Sat, 14 May 2005 19:03

skellator wrote on Sat, 14 May 2005 16:53

framey? Nope

not you joorsh Razz
i was talking to arch re: forza

Yes i find forza framey, its still ok, but being a PC gamer i can see frames in console games, that console gamers cant see. Other pc gamers will know what im talking about. GT4 is just much smoother thats all. The frames in forza are more noticeable in the incar view than out.

That said, i am loving this game.

Whats GTR? im not in the pc gaming scene anymore so havent heard anything about it
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: forza motorsport Sun, 15 May 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i know someone mentioned the GTO being a surpisingly good car but man was i shocked last night when i bought a 1969 Camaro SS for 80K, hmmm throw out old engine put in wait for it, C5R 7.0L engine you know the one that was gonna be inthe 427 monaro, fully mod it on NA though so it hasd 590kw and 1019nm of torque, and voila great car it handles surpisingly well after suspension mods and a little weight reduction, brakes are great and pretty much don't lock up even when the trigger is 90% down unilke other cars. Carries good speed across the apex doesn't understeer like an rx7 although i wouldn't expect it too and has great traction coming out of the corner unless your realing heavy with the throttle. Best of all is it is very quick off the line due to tall gear ratios with means it gets only a little wheelspin in first obviously limiting throttle a bit but once in second full throttle and no probs at all.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: forza motorsport Sun, 15 May 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just tried teh drift with an s14 at maple valley, all handling options etc off

man i suck Laughing

i can get it going for a while, but nowhere near linking the whole of maple valley, keep spinning out after a while Confused

oh well, practice i spose Very Happy

also, what gear do you guys use for teh fully sik dorifto action?
im using 2nd, with high revs of course

[Updated on: Sun, 15 May 2005 08:00]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: forza motorsport Sun, 15 May 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i drive an auto and generally drift high thrid to fourth gear most corners around maple valley. Only the tighter ones use second to third still. Oh i got the special edition evo modded it changed cetre diff to 90% rwd and away i went and drifted mapley velley cool.
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: forza motorsport Sun, 15 May 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want a drift car in the game go for the RX7's they all seem happy to slide there as out any time, even when all the assists are on.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: forza motorsport Sun, 15 May 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have an rx7 and yes it does drift but also understeer quite a bit on the slower corners, the others just don't do that.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: forza motorsport Thu, 19 May 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me and a few mates went over to one guy's place and played forza in our free period today
we made a 455 odd kw sprinter Shocked it was crazy! hard not to spin the tyres! that was with all the assists turned off though
we put the 3sge and bought the highest mods we could, pushed it up to the s3 class Laughing
one thing that bugged me was why the 3sge is more expensive (and presumably more powerful) than the 3sgte? Confused

anyway, the total cost for modding the ae86 ended up being around 60k cr. i recommend you guys try it Razz
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: forza motorsport Thu, 19 May 2005 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 12:31

oh i thougt this was the forza motorsport, that has built a kick arse v8 ke30 Laughing .

u know sal ?
he still got the hr ?
what about the old ute shell ?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: forza motorsport Thu, 19 May 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 16 May 2005 09:50

i have an rx7 and yes it does drift but also understeer quite a bit on the slower corners, the others just don't do that.

I reckon the RX7 kicks arse. Usually hold it in 4th.

I've moved on to the S15 now and use 5th gear throughout the whole of Maple Valley, except the last hairpin wher I use 3rd. 6th can be used as well before the hairpin!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: forza motorsport Thu, 19 May 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Thu, 19 May 2005 18:59

one thing that bugged me was why the 3sge is more expensive (and presumably more powerful) than the 3sgte? Confused

its a beams 3sge.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: forza motorsport Thu, 19 May 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just drift anything i buy, i have done the class C champiionship round in a GTO running modded evything bar engine and tyres and weight reduction, surprising it was very quick and won every race in the championship, was fun to slide around once you built up a decent lead, especially in the tokyo street circuit where you flick it between the tight corners.
Bought a 2005 corvette supercharge it full kit out and dorifto, bit too much power but it holds quite well around the long sweepers.
Still reckon the s14 is the best although haven't tried the S15 the Rx7 just doesn't have the tendancy to tail out straight away, over cook a corner in it and you'll understeer, same situation in the s14 and its hanging the arse out.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: forza motorsport Fri, 20 May 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 08:51

skellator wrote on Thu, 19 May 2005 18:59

its a beams 3sge.

ah Smile

ive moved up to high 3rd gear in the s14. man i suck! Laughing
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: forza motorsport Fri, 20 May 2005 16:16 Go to previous message
ive been using an mx5 with a 13BT conversion, almost 400kw and 900kg or so. holds 5th nicely around bends and can slide 6th Wink and thats with top level tyres.
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:try this one
Next Topic:a very weird picture....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 02:40:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072100162506104 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.