Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Extractor Gaskets for 18RG?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RA28GT
Regular

November 2003
Extractor Gaskets for 18RG? Thu, 19 May 2005 05:35 Go to next message
Are extractor gaskets for 18R-c the same as 18RG? I can find one for my 18RG anywhere and i got told that the 18Rc one would work? Can anyone help me out? Or point me in the right direction to get a gasket for my 18RG? Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Extractor Gaskets for 18RG? Thu, 19 May 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO 18rg is cross flow 18rc has exhaust and inlet on the same side ask any exhaust shop for a gasket

[Updated on: Thu, 19 May 2005 05:57]

Scootaphill
Regular

November 2004
Re: Extractor Gaskets for 18RG? Thu, 19 May 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota part no: 17173-88250

cheers
phill
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: Extractor Gaskets for 18RG? Fri, 20 May 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go to your local auto parts centre and get some exhaust gasket material and cut your own...approx 8 dollars
Scootaphill
Regular

November 2004
Re: Extractor Gaskets for 18RG? Fri, 20 May 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyota gasget is only bout $20 anyway, well worth it In My Opinion
RA28GT
Regular

November 2003
Re: Extractor Gaskets for 18RG? Fri, 20 May 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$21.80 actually Very Happy
Getting one ordered in and picking it up next wednesday. Thanks guys.
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Extractor Gaskets for 18RG? Fri, 20 May 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just as a matter of interest, I have run a standard 18RG exhaust manifold gasket with my extractors with a light smear of silicon on both surfaces of the gasket before putting it on. The car has been going over four years and done in excess of 100 000 kms and hasn't leaked yet.
RA28GT
Regular

November 2003
Re: Extractor Gaskets for 18RG? Fri, 20 May 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That what im going to be doing, since i cant get an extractor gasket im just getting a standard manifold gasket (extractor gaskets are just thicker i was told). Currently ive just got metal to metal with exhaust sealant which has cracked producing a nasty leak. Sounds like a diesel at the moment Laughing
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Extractor Gaskets for 18RG? Sat, 21 May 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The extractor gaskets that you used to be able to buy were an asbestos compound. With the complete banning of asbestos products, I haven't seen them around anymore. Maybe they make a substitute?

Standard exhaust manifold gaskets are usually a layered, perforated stainless sheet bonded to the soft gasket material (the side that faces the head).
RA28GT
Regular

November 2003
Re: Extractor Gaskets for 18RG? Sat, 21 May 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The gaskets available now are made of of a cork type material. Kinda hard to explain it, but yeah since the asbestos gaskets being totally banned thats what their made out of now.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Extractor Gaskets for 18RG? Sat, 21 May 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
teh genuine toyota ones also have fire rings around each port, very useful
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Extractor Gaskets for 18RG? Sun, 22 May 2005 02:23 Go to previous message
ACL also make the metal/gasket material ones, similar to the genuine ones. I've got one in my VRS set. Don't know what the whole part number would be, but I know that the numbers for 18RG are (a couple of letters)690, while the numbers for 18RC are (a couple of letters)960.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Emisions over Performace?
Next Topic:Noise in steering column
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:44:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004417896270752 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.