Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pawel
Regular

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 18 May 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guys just bought JORRS Celica good buy just need advice it has a stock exhaust and I think the flange under the heat shield is gone sounds like a tractor. I these hard to chage is it only one flange there or other ones. Any help greatly appreciated looking for extractors for the future though. Forgot it is a 89 St162 celica

[Updated on: Wed, 18 May 2005 23:55]

Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pawel wrote on Thu, 19 May 2005 09:52

I guys just bought JORRS Celica good buy just need advice it has a stock exhaust and I think the flange under the heat shield is gone sounds like a tractor. I these hard to chage is it only one flange there or other ones. Any help greatly appreciated looking for extractors for the future though. Forgot it is a 89 St162 celica

engine pipe often dies on these cars

just get extractors dude
pawel
Regular

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unless I can find some second hand extractors I dont want to spent money on new ones at this point so is there a quick fix I thought it is just a flange that is what it sounds like without taking the heatshield off.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, ive got a set of extractors for sale, prob is they are for the earlier 162 so if you want to put your 02 sensor on it, you'll have to either lengthen the wires on it or cut and weld a bracket onto the lower pipe

200 plus postage

Catcha
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lengthen the wires, peice of piss.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't the series 1 have a non-heated oxy sensor and the series 2 a heated 4-wire deal?

kinda different deals
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah they do have different wires, but they should still be able to be lengthened right?i mean, wire is wire(well, diff thickness and resistance and shit but that shouldnt be too hard to find out form toyota right?)i went nad got a price today for new and they want $252 + GST

Ill look into it tomorrow i spose.And ill also double check the difference in the wiring.

Catcha
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes u can extend them piece of piss... i woudlnt even buy 2nd hand ones... unless u had to.. the amount of powergained is 0 to nothing.. when i had them on my car anyway wasnt worth the time consumed to change the headers to extractors
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you fellas think of the GZ20 saorers? with the 1GGTE in them??????

has anyone owned one that owns a 162 now??

Just wondering cuz i might be selling up and moving over to the soarer family Shocked How do the SX st162's go up against them in a straight line drag??? Cuz all i know is the Supras witht he 7mTE's are slow as fuck.........

Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like the looks of the GZ20, but y not just get the MZ20, same car bigger motor.

I thought i would throw something wild out there, ST162 with 245/50/14 tyres. on a 14x8 rim.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't call a 7M-GTE supra slow....the 7M-GE supra's are tho.
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I think the flange under the heat shield is gone sounds like a tractor. I these hard to chage is it only one flange there or other ones. Any help greatly appreciated looking for extractors for the future though. Forgot it is a 89 St162 celica

Dude,

there are 2 circular flange gaskets from memory. Buy them from Toyota dealer.
Pretty easy to replace, remove heat shield, then 3 nuts hold pipe to manifold.

Might pay to get new nuts also as these do wear out.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON EXTRACTORS, they already have a 4-2-1 system on them.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer fwd is right 2 circular gaskets...
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got any pics of these fattys Draza?And FWD, its not really wasting money on extractors, they do make a difference so might as well get em while he's at it

Catcha
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha ... how much r extractors these days atleast 200 bucks? in my eyes 200 dollars is beter spent on something else... for the performance u will get out of it... as i said b4 wen i had a set on my 3sge i couldnt even notice the difference besides the tone in the exhaust... buy a k&n panel filter put a zorst on it and drive it is wat id do
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 16:55

haha ... how much r extractors these days atleast 200 bucks? in my eyes 200 dollars is beter spent on something else... for the performance u will get out of it... as i said b4 wen i had a set on my 3sge i couldnt even notice the difference

Werd !

Yeah spend the $$$ on new shocks+springs or nice rubber !
pawel
Regular

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also today went for first long drive after about 50-60km my idle went really rough although I am driving around at the moment with a exhaust flange problem but it still idled good until now. Then when it cooled down it was fine until a few kms and again rough idle. I am thinking 2 things 1 exhaust flange and escaping fumes slowly heating up under bonnet causing havoc to airflow meter or faulty airflow metre.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could b 3million thigns i wouldnt be drivin round with leakin exhaust good way to burn out exhaust valves and fuck ur engine
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For me extractors weren't a performance item. I bought them because i felt that the engine needed to breathe better. They sound quite raspy and noisy up the top of the rpm. Mine cost $250 with installation (they were off a gen 2) and i think they are the best money u can spend in terms of modifications to the st162.
Personally hardly a waste. Spending an extra $200 on ICE is personally a waste, it all comes down to what your after.

I can tell you though that the celica will rev better and smoother with extractors.

If i could go back, i'd do extractors over 2.25" piping.
But i'm satisfied with both of them either way!
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
extractors dont really give u your moneys worth, They give you around 5kw if your lucky??? I know my set has not improved performance greatly, only slightly, and probably shifted the powerband thats about it....

As for the MZ20's im not a fan of the 7MGTE's, i have heard of their weak head gaskets. Also the old school supras weigh in at about 1500-1600kg so all that power is going no where. Plus the excess fuel costs, etc, etc... Confused .
pawel
Regular

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone have a st162 manifold diagram it would really help. Not really impressed at this stage I thought theses toyotas were bullet proof. I just sold my 86 Soarer it was great no probs what so ever.
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The factory exhaust manifold on these cars is a cast iron, heavy as-your-mum, pile of poo!!! Yes its 4-2-1, but the length of the runners is all over the shop. Cylinders 1 & 2 have long runners, 3 & 4 have very short ones. The unequal pulse this must create isn't a very efficient design. Toyota must have realised this as Gen 2 onwards have equal length 4-2-1 piping (such as the set that TRD-162 has).
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the problem with rough idle will go away once u fix the zorst flange up Very Happy somethin with O2 sensor i think and the fumes leaking.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seriously you hair dressors need to learn when enough is enough!! 40 fucken pages LMAO lol Laughing
jks
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, we didnt reach 40 pages anywhere near as fast as the the AW11 guys!! You're just jealous we have a nice little community of people Razz
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RP_st162 wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 18:20

extractors dont really give u your moneys worth, They give you around 5kw if your lucky??? I know my set has not improved performance greatly, only slightly, and probably shifted the powerband thats about it....

As for the MZ20's im not a fan of the 7MGTE's, i have heard of their weak head gaskets. Also the old school supras weigh in at about 1500-1600kg so all that power is going no where. Plus the excess fuel costs, etc, etc... Confused .
Yeah, 3S-GTEs aren't known for their head gasket retention either you know! The turbo Supra's aren't that slow, except when it gets twisty cause as you said, they weigh alot! (fat arse cars).

And an MZ20 is a Soarer isn't it? Not a Poopra?
pawel
Regular

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I am happy for the moment got a great deal on excellent condition extractors and full exhaust from a ST162 celica for $200 from Jap wreckers in Smithfield. What more could you want.Will get installed on Monday.
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its a full zorst, why not do it yourself?
pawel
Regular

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont want to stuff around with the old manifold and bolts will be easier to get them to put it on. Not a patient person either.
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
really not that hard.... a few bolts, a few zorst rubbers, and an hour of your time...
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the mz20 is a soarer but i was just refering to my experiences with the 7MGTE. Which was in a 'poopra' Smile

And because the soarers came in MZ and GZ guise it was my only means of comparing the 7m to the 3s :D:D:D Very Happy
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Almost got defected last night after work and buying petrol. Cop walked out of servo, looked at my car, came over and asked if pop-ups goes down! "yes" was my reply...he walks off back to his car, 30 seconds later comes back.....has a closer inspection!!!!
*insert thought bubbles* "shit!!"
so i stop pumping and open door to put down lights while he glances inside to see what lack of interior there was!! luckily it was night time and everything was colour matched to black!!
hmmmm......end of rant!!!
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 15:00

Almost got defected last night after work and buying petrol. Cop walked out of servo, looked at my car, came over and asked if pop-ups goes down! "yes" was my reply...he walks off back to his car, 30 seconds later comes back.....has a closer inspection!!!!
*insert thought bubbles* "shit!!"
so i stop pumping and open door to put down lights while he glances inside to see what lack of interior there was!! luckily it was night time and everything was colour matched to black!!
hmmmm......end of rant!!!

he's just jealous, coz his wife / bf wont let him buy a celica
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah...this cop had that mean look about him tho!!! with beard and hat...the works!!! I work at this servo so i know the story, but he came in and parked next to this WRX (highly modded) bought some petrol and moved over a few pumps where he parked the car! the WRX owners realised this and stayed in the store waiting until that cop left! I think the copper realised there were bigger fishes to catch rather than my comparably lame mods! the servo i work at has had a history of cars being defected, but i always thought it was funny, and it was, until mine came into speculation!
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
refuse to serve him next time he comes in
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hair dressers cars lol.... rather drive one of them than a lego man car lol fuckin i swear u ca build one out of lego lol all square n shit

[Updated on: Sat, 21 May 2005 07:33]

Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDCelica wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 12:51

I think the flange under the heat shield is gone sounds like a tractor. I these hard to chage is it only one flange there or other ones. Any help greatly appreciated looking for extractors for the future though. Forgot it is a 89 St162 celica

Dude,

there are 2 circular flange gaskets from memory. Buy them from Toyota dealer.
Pretty easy to replace, remove heat shield, then 3 nuts hold pipe to manifold.

Might pay to get new nuts also as these do wear out.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON EXTRACTORS, they already have a 4-2-1 system on them.

Have a look at the stock "headers" or really exhuast manifold:
http://moment.autodeist.com/headers.jpg
Now this is the gen 2:
http://moment.autodeist.com/jdmheaders.jpg

you can't possibly tell me that the stock gen 1 exhaust manifold is good for flow when compared to a stock gen 2 system.

I don't know how many kilowatts you expect to get for not doing any real form of engine modification. but 5kW over what is only a 100kW engine is still a 5% gain in engine efficiency which in my eyes is worth it.

if you want some more power, look into cams and a programmable ecu, they will give you the most power....

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=66725

for a small reserch deposit of 30 bucks and around 300 for the finished item, this will be the BEST bang for buck by far in the n/a engine power. do not let this oppertunity pass you buy.

stop being stingy as 200 is NOT going to get you and increase of 30kW

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 02:43]

Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Question: after everyones imput here guys Smile

Who's st162's still have the splash shields (black plastic covers under the motor)fitted to the car?

Some people do and some dont.reasons being:probably lost them over the years, damaged them, purposely left them off etc.

I've still got them on the car and i find myself always having to remove them in order to work on the car.Would having them off keep the engine bay temps down a bit aswell?

Cheers Smile
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i replacemed my front bar etc, i got new splash things as well, otherwise my original ones were only party left
Meetch
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got me boot up and ready, Finished it today, VInyld that base and wamo!

http://img261.echo.cx/img261/8749/finishednoplate9es.th.jpg

Opinions.
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice one
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt say anything about flow... i said there is no difference in power that u can notice u might pick up 1 or 2 hp on a dyno but is 200+ bucks worth that .. in my eyes no thats all i was sayin i didnt say anything about flow.. 5kw i find that doubtful but i may be wrong... do u haev dyno sheets for the 5kw ? just curious not tryin to stir shit .

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 09:38]

smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aust162 - Yeah, they make a difference. Ask us next time you're around (cbf typing right now Razz). I got that duct that goes on the LHS today, gonna hook it up to some piping to feed the pod - its gonna be sweet.
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah my under engine/gearbox plastic things are GONNNNNE....but i want to make some custom fiberglass ones up soon soo i give a bit more aerodynamics back...thinking about making one under the back too with some defuseres...i'm serrious...lol

Nezza Cool
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i stated 5kw as an optimistic statement. And no, i don't have dyno sheets, but i have seat on the pants feel dyno Laughing But when i installed my extractors i already had my exhaust done, being s/steel, with 2 1/4 inch pipes, with high flow cat and 5 inch tip....But 5kw is a big statement for extractors i admit that. Unless someone else has dyno sheets to prove.

All i can give you in terms of gains in performance, in real life situations is that before the high flow cat and extractors, i could not beat a mates pulsar n14 Q with SR20, mind you he is STOCK AS A ROCK. but after i could hold him off through all the gears, with his stock exhaust and modified air intake... Now with the jap spec its bye bye SR20 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Also this is why modifying n/a's are a waste of money..i need myself a snail, and RWD for that matter....soarer here i come!
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 23 May 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 17:34

i didnt say anything about flow... i said there is no difference in power that u can notice u might pick up 1 or 2 hp on a dyno but is 200+ bucks worth that .. in my eyes no thats all i was sayin i didnt say anything about flow.. 5kw i find that doubtful but i may be wrong... do u haev dyno sheets for the 5kw ? just curious not tryin to stir shit .

you say you didn't say anything about flow, but just by looking at the system, you can see that the exhuast flow will be alot better, which means the engine has to do alot less work to expel the exhaust gasses on the exhaust stroke and ultimately gives the engine more torque.

there is no real way to judge just how much power it will free up, unless you get a before and after on the same dyno... but u cannot tell how many kW you gain just by the "seat of the pants".

but because of the crappyness of the standard exhuast header, gains around the 5kW mark could very well be expected.

and to ask is 200 bucks worth around a 5kW gain, on a n/a motor, i believe it is... think about the people who spend money on pod filters and cannon mufflers, sometimes even over 200.
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 23 May 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys.... Wink my St162 3sge is manual know... It pulls so much harder and goes really well... Im soo happy know.. Come on guys lets go on a st162 criuse Wink
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 23 May 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why cant we all just admit that the gen 1 3sge has its limits in terms of reliable power. Its nearly making the best possible power STANDARD. sure a i/h/e is gonna help, but only a little. You need to spend big money on cams, and internal work to get good RESPECTABLE POWER.

And as berad is trying to point out, all that money spent modifying the gen 1 could be put to use for an engine swap for a gen 2, 3 or even any of the GTE versions, which in turn would probably give you more power than a modded gen 1 will ever give you.

But each to there own. If you believe extractors are worth it, great, Ive purchased some myself and sure it FEELS better, but until anyone has dyno sheets to prove I'm with berad.

Lastly, the gen1 was never meant to be a horsepower hero, just a reliable gutsy performer, hey, at least we can beat the standard v6 falcadores Very Happy Cool

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 07:39]

StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 23 May 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a reminder: have a set of genie 4-2-1 extractors for sale.$180 + postage.THey've done about 40,000kms at most.

Catcha
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 23 May 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So its best to leave the splash shields on?
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 23 May 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RP_st162 wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 17:38

all that money spent modifying the gen 1 could be put to use for an engine swap for a gen 2, 3 or even any of the GTE versions

Ooohhhhh yeah! Best money I've ever spent!

Aust162 - Yep, they're there to protect the engine bay from water, dirt and other road crap as well as to smooth out the airflow under the car - fairly important on a FWD car. You'll notice the difference at high speeds.

BTW: When we gonna give the cars a run eyy?
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 23 May 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About the exhaust systems, check out this thread that Matt started a while ago - there's heaps of good info on exhaust systems there. Came in handy before I chose my setup. Thanks mate.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=59144&rid=5197&S=8e1a4e6ee5593e9d5b5eefb f78fd7246&pl_view=&start=0#msg_543573
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 23 May 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed wombat- whenever your ready mate Wink But if you win i'll be pissed! Evil or Very Mad Laughing

shouldn't you let your clutch bed in a bit longer though?

P.S thanks for that,splash shields are stayin on Very Happy
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 23 May 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i dont care wat the engine is doing but im just sayin why waste money can u seriously tell me that the 200 dollars has improved its power etc that much.. i just dont see the point... yer if ur headers r rooted get them but other than that i dont see any point at all
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 23 May 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To be honest, I'm one of the 'skeptics' when it comes to how much value you get out of the aftermarket exhausts.

There's plenty of more considerations to exhaust than just constant flow rate and up top power, there's harmonics in the exhaust tract - it's ability to get good scavenging in the cylinder, there's heat retention, there's vibration to consider - if you are a geek sometimes even things like emissions can be something on your wish list (like me).

You might notice a few hp gain at the top part of the rev range, but until you dyno the thing you can't tell what gains and advantages there are to the system. What good is power up top if you lose some down lower (not saying that this is usually the case tho).
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RP_st162 wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 12:44

what do you fellas think of the GZ20 saorers? with the 1GGTE in them??????

has anyone owned one that owns a 162 now??

Just wondering cuz i might be selling up and moving over to the soarer family Shocked How do the SX st162's go up against them in a straight line drag??? Cuz all i know is the Supras witht he 7mTE's are slow as fuck.........

which model 7MGTE... the stocko MA70.. or an MA61 ?
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the supra was in an ma70 I'm pretty sure as he claimed it to be a turbo-a, but he had electric dash, and no turbo-a stuff. Also if it helps, it is the model before the last supra that came out. I mean it wasn't slow.... its just that from a rolling start it took from like 80 - 140 for it to pull a car over me.

And at the next set of lights i pulled him pretty easily on take off, (he was auto), but i could see him reeling me in SLOWLY though. We pulled over after and he was quite surprised himself, after i told him it was still n/a.

RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey does anyone know if 5 inch speakers will fit int he rear stock locations. I put a 4 inch in adn its just slightly smaller! has anyone tried 5inches?
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I got 4's to fit into the 3" enclosure at the front so I suppose you could cram 5's into the rear ones?
Pages (63): [ «  <  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:20:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.017024040222168 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.