Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Thu, 12 May 2005 03:18 Go to next message
Anyone going to this fridays meet? I'm prob'ly going to spectate.
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Thu, 12 May 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be spectating form around seven, get this though after taking my sister last time to watch she is now hooked and is bringing her male friends there to watch, generally she bitches about motorsport ie when watching it on tv she say all they do is go round and round, but she loves the dorifto and the smell of burning rubber.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Thu, 12 May 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey how was it last time? I was away then, and the time before was when the nationals was on, so there was a pretty average turnout.
PS, why can't your sis bring her female friends Crying or Very Sad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Thu, 12 May 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
she has very few of them thats why. Wasn't too bad last time maybe about 12-15 cars some ppl say could of been more but meh it was good, massive crowds though compared to the saturday ones for IDA, friday nights thats i have been to would probably have 300-700ppl watching, compare this to the IDA days on weekends are closer to maybe 100 at most but there is up to 30 cars.
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Thu, 12 May 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would sooo love to go and drive but id have no money left for the rest of the week. plus i need more tyres, Crying or Very Sad

ill try to make it up there to watch though.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Thu, 12 May 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Friday the 13th drift huh Shocked

Me and Will are going to be on the track.. come say Hi anytime. Just look for the really hot hachi. Thats Wills... and the not so hot one is mine Very Happy
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Thu, 12 May 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL and my purple slag will be in the pit area for support with Will and Andrew's.

i'm so close to getting back on the track, but few things couldn't be done in time Crying or Very Sad

missin the drift Confused
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Thu, 12 May 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
werd
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Thu, 12 May 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take cb's or sumfin..

...ill be there but wana meet a few o yas.

Cheers

Nathan

Look for the fat as black ra28..be there bout 7 too
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Thu, 12 May 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supposed to rain nthis arvo will go if the weather is fine, if i see you guys in the pits might come and say high.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Thu, 12 May 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'll most probably be there... Got no room on the camera though... Confused

See yaz out ther!

MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Fri, 13 May 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ill be there supporting all you toymoders, anybody want to list the cars that toymod members are going to be drifing in and ill keep an eye out for you Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2005 02:56]

cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Fri, 13 May 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I wont be driving, but hopefully ill be in my red Aus spec with Symmonds rims.
Ive got a few battery issues atm so it might have to be the trusty subie waggon. Sad
Would like to meet a few Toymodders as I've been to lazy to get to any meets yet and dont know any of you Rolling Eyes .
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Fri, 13 May 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah id like to meet some ppl to i have been to one toymods meet so far but i don't think any of the drifters/ppl that watch the drift were there or regulars drfit spectators anyway.
I will be there in my trusty light metallic blue corona, with a toymods sticker on the back if i turn up, if you see me in it come and say hi.
I have been meaning to come and chat to some of you guys in the pits but generally when i go down there you seem pretty busy so i just have a look and keep walking.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Fri, 13 May 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will(AE86boy)

http://img53.echo.cx/img53/3241/will76jn.jpg

http://img53.echo.cx/img53/806/will23wm.jpg

Andrew(bathurst-91)

http://img53.echo.cx/img53/9387/andrew93nt.jpg

http://img53.echo.cx/img53/3176/andrew43fg.jpg

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Fri, 13 May 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i know who you guys are specially bathurst 91, hes at every drift day i go to night day hes there, only seen AE86boy's car once at the last sat drift day i went to.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Fri, 13 May 2005 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woah what a night.

Will blew his axle or diff (yet to be determined) after one outing! So he jumped in my car for a few runs. Quote "your car is possesed, its a deathtrap" after driving it.. Confused Laughing Thats in refference to its combo of locker and unbalanced wheel setup.. I guess?! hah.

Highlight for me was battling against the 4AC beast. Time also to add a surge tank to the shopping list.. when it gets low on fuel that dip on the far corner cuts power everytime..., it almost sent me into a wall tonight, thankfully John had the skills to counter and avoided me Cool

Corona.. you gotta come up and say Hi one of these days. Was a top event tonight, with commentary and the battles/smokeshow at the end. Worth the $$
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sat, 14 May 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did come and say hi, err not to you but chatted to cannonball and the others that were spectating, and went down to John's car when he busted the centra out of the wheel Shocked . I was very un toyota like though last night, err because it was cold i grabbed the first jacket i could not that i needed it but someone wouldn't let me leave the house without it.
So i had the big HRT jumper/jacket on noooooooo. Shame about will's car i didn't get to see it on the track cos i got there to late. Personally i didn't think last night was to good something about friday 13. Lots of shit going wrong to ppl's cars and wasn't a large crowd or amount of cars. The drifting was good but more variety makes it a bit more interesting.
PS was it embarassing when the mighty 4ac made a pass on you.
Anyway i might bew going to the FDD next weekend at oran park are any of you guys booked in for that, i think its mainly the 31 boys though.
One thing last night was the most sprinters i have seen on the track and err on the side of it, good to see you guys coming out just a shame due to unfortunate circumstances i didn't get to see all of you drift.
Ae86Slaver your nuts if yoy drift your car, looks to good to do it to it.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sat, 14 May 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was out there in my 2 tone t-18 making my first attempt.
was a mad night! you guys are all nuts!
the car loved it besides my insanely loud diff whine i now have Mad
and my eagle F1 street tyres sure did cop it!

[Updated on: Sat, 14 May 2005 00:21]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sat, 14 May 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i thought it might of been you in the t-18 wasn't sure though.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sat, 14 May 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha corona, I was actually more concearned at the wall coming my way the first run. second run i went in making sure id be nowhere near the wall when it cut/surged.. then just spun and looked up the inside and thought.. oh damn.

Razz

I look forward to a repeat battle when John puts the 4age in though. Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sat, 14 May 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the first run would of been the closest call of the night for an accident we were holding our breath waiting for the crucnh but it just didn't come thankfully.
cams_ae86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sat, 14 May 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhhhhhhhh the under steer i got Embarassed i had a great time out there tho, it was an ok first attempt ill put some good front tires on and give her some camber and ill be out there again soon. Very Happy
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sat, 14 May 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sat, 14 May 2005 10:06

Anyway i might be going to the FDD next weekend at oran park are any of you guys booked in for that, i think its mainly the 31 boys though.

I've booked in for it. Not sure what car I'll be in yet though. I was expecting to be using John's car but we still dont know just how much damage he did last night Confused

Last night was awesome though. I love seeing John do those massive handbrake entries from way back at the flag marshal's post. Even Jeff was impressed Cool

[Updated on: Sat, 14 May 2005 08:40]

jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sat, 14 May 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anybody manage to get some video footage of the night?
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sat, 14 May 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey People, It was good to put a few faces and cars to their ID's. Its a shame the crap weather scared so many away, but im keen to get out to the next one.

Hey Indi, saw your 86 in the carpark with the new bar/guards. Love the vented guards, it should look shmik when finished.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sat, 14 May 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nod yep I cant wait till its all done
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Mon, 16 May 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg only now i realise how close i was to meetn yas.

i was there watching the t18 and tawt "nah wouldnt be jesse...but oh thats a t18" .. i tawt it was an old old camry lol!

saw ur car slaver on the way in and out but couldnt pick yatill every1 was leaving.

was at johns car after he did the wheel....nasty!

will approach next time.

jesse you runnin an lsd? saw a few cars out there that looked like they werent... its tempting me more and more.

Cheers

Nathan
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Mon, 16 May 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fyi i was at john's car when the wheel was off to and help carry it back cos no-one else moved when they asked if someone could.
Oh and Jesse i guess you would of seen me when you were talking to cannonball, i had the big HRT jacket on
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Mon, 16 May 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow i didnt realise there were so many toymodders
i only met indi and john i think?
yeah im running the poor mans LSD, does the trick
sorry corona- cant remember!

i thought ide done a alright job, felt heaps crossed up and fast in the car, but after watching the footage on the tv im quite embarissed of my effort

ill go out again to the next one and try some 3rd gear slides

[Updated on: Mon, 16 May 2005 07:56]

cams_ae86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Tue, 17 May 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha it was no worse than my efforts mate, at least u didn't under steer into all the corners and spin like some one i no Embarassed fixed my car now has tread on the front and a new rear swaybar its heaps tighter. i took it out for a run last night goes heaps better so hopefully we wont be seeing to many more spins next time when I'm out there.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Tue, 17 May 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesseT18 wrote on Mon, 16 May 2005 17:54

but after watching the footage on the tv

You didn't happen to get any footage of John did you?
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Tue, 17 May 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cam?
cams_ae86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Tue, 17 May 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh 4ac boy! i think there might be a little bit but im not 100%ill go though the footage and c.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Tue, 17 May 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks would be much appreciated Cool
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Wed, 18 May 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*tempted to enter next twighlight*

Evil or Very Mad
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Wed, 18 May 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do it! do it!

i wanna see what ya got! Razz

i'll even volunteer *pit service* / *coffee getter* / and general *you spun out so "slap me" in the head to feel better* services!

Very Happy

Cheers

Nathan
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Wed, 18 May 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah.... friday the 13th!!!
sheered axle 1st corner after warm up lap!!!
Ghey!!!
Well atleast got to drive the ANDREWS DEATH TRAP.. I swear i dunno how your still alive driving that thing the way you do.
Anyone know where I can get a pair of axles made up?? or where i can find ones to suit the 85-87 disk brake diff??? big bearings on it 23 spline
etc..
anyone???
its worth a try!!!
Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
Will.
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Wed, 18 May 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a few less cars then the last time i was there, but none the less still an alrite night,
Will try importbitz they got a few open diff rear jap spec ends, Des weld the diff and do it naoooo !!! but u know the lsd coming is better Razz it will have to do for now, we are all waiting !
Yeah it was funny how jeff mixed up andrew and will when they were taking turns driving. Wink
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Wed, 18 May 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Friday the 13th alright!!!! Now I dont get to drift at Fatz Drift Day on Saturday and I've been looking forward to it for months Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Wed, 18 May 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why cant you run?
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Thu, 19 May 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was supposed to be using John's car on Saturday but when his wheel shattered on Friday night it did some damage (still not sure exactly what) the brake pedal is kinda vibrating, so unless he can get it fixed tonight it looks like I wont be drifting on Saturday.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Thu, 19 May 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if you can use ra28 t-series axles i got a pair you can loan to get you on track and till u guys are sorted.....if it is axle issues and if they'll work.

Lemme know if you's need a grease monkey! Very Happy
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Fri, 20 May 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John pulled everything apart last night and discovered he has a bent axle and there's not really enough time to fix it by tomorrow so I'm out Crying or Very Sad anyone want to take my spot?
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Fri, 20 May 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
canyou use a ra28 axle?! i have two sitting here like abovementioned you guys can use if they'll fit!
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Fri, 20 May 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm I'm not sure. He has the jap spec rear end with disc brakes, I dont know how different it is. But I dont think he'd have time to do it anyways. Thanks for the offer though. Very Happy

I'll just have to wait till the next FDD on 25 June, hopefully by then I'll be drifting my own car Cool
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sat, 21 May 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey indi...
he bend the right one did he?? Well my left one is the one thats sheared, maybe if we coud organise a time to see If I have a match with my straight one.. we could work somethin out..
But I dunno what my options are just yet... I may have to get a pair made up. so yeah if thats the case.... maybe i can help him out...
Cheers Will.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sat, 21 May 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA-022 wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 12:50

canyou use a ra28 axle?! i have two sitting here like abovementioned you guys can use if they'll fit!

would you be selling these dude?

i'm pretty sure they fit the T-18 rear end, and i'm in serach of some axles

Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sun, 22 May 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok managed to get my films from the FDD yesaterday in before the shop closed yesterday arvo, am picking them up at 12 today and will try and get them up tonight or by next weekend. A certain pink Ae86 will feature in a few photos, i probably just post a link cos i took three rolss of film so could be a lot of pics. Will be posted in general car talk mmm kay.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sun, 22 May 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics from FDD now up in general talk section, plenty ae86 action
hey bathurst 91 i sware in one of the pics where you spun you are looking straight at me. Funny when ppl see the camera they go nuts, when they spin they will spin it up big time and someone who will remain unnamed tha drives a sprinter was throwing his hands out the window, but i'd run out of film by then.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Twilight Drift @ Oran Pk 13th May Sun, 22 May 2005 22:38 Go to previous message
selling ? no... im just willing to help where i can.

i want in on this drift so i need these as sparies.... sorry.

drift drift drift drift !

As usual i will be there this friday ! 27th!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:IDA driftday 28/5/05 whos going
Next Topic:Drive-ins tonight 20th May
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 05:25:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077531337738037 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.