Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
icon4.gif  Rubiks Cube Records Wed, 18 May 2005 07:29 Go to next message
Came across this while randomly googling...

The best time for restoring the cube in an official championship was 12.11 sec by Shotaro Makisumi (Japan) at the Caltech Spring Tournament on 3 April 2004. On the same occasion , he set the record for the average from five attempts (where the best one and the slowest one did not count) with 15.38 sec.

Record time for the 4x4x4 cube (Rubik's Revenge): 1:08.12 min by Frank Morris (USA) at Caltech Winter Tournament on 15 January 2005

Record time for the 5x5x5 cube: 2:08.45 min by Lars Vandenbergh (Belgium) at the European Championships 2004 in Amsterdam

One handed record: 25.95 sec by Christopher Hardwick (USA) at the US Championships on 10 July 2004.

With feet only: 5:44,32 minutes by Kåre Krig (Sweden) at the European Championships 2004 in Amsterdam

Blindfold, most cubes: three cubes: Geir Ugelstad (Norway), 14 Dec 1998 in Stockholm and Ralf Laue (Germany), 3 Feb 2001 in Halle/Saale. (DETAILS)

Blindfold, fastest time: 2:57.97 minutes (including memorising), Shotaro Makisumi (Japan) at the Caltech Winter Tournament on 15 January 2005

Blindfold 4x4x4 cube: 19:54 min (including memorising), Dror Vomberg (Israel) at the European Championships 2004 in Amsterdam

Blindfold 5x5x5 cube: 2:34:36 hrs (including memorising), Stefan Pochmann (Germany) at the European Championships 2004 in Amsterdam

The fastest time for solving 2000 cubes was achieved by Jess Bonde (Denmark). He solved 2000 cubes in 22:16 hours on 16/17 Dec 2002 in Arhus. (DETAILS)

The largest Rubik's Cube was built by Daniel Urlings (Luxemburg). Its edges are 3.52 m [3 yd 2 ft 7 in] long.

The most expensive Rubik's Cube was the Masterpiece Cube, produced by Diamond Cutters International in 1995. The actual-size, fully functional cube features 22.5 karats of amethyst, 34 karats of rubies, and 34 karats of emeralds, all set in 18-karat gold. It has been valued at about US-$ 1.5 mio.

The youngest person who solved a Rubik's Cube was John Ismael Ugelstad (Norway aged 5 years 117 days) who solved three standard Rubik's Cubes on 28 Dec 2004.

I thought it was really cool, but wonder what the rules are for the blindfolded matches....you would have to look at some point, or the squares have different textures or something...
  Send a private message to this user    
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: Rubiks Cube Records Thu, 19 May 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can solve one in around 2 minutes 99% of the time. You just have to learn the techniques.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 May 2005 05:13]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Rubiks Cube Records Thu, 19 May 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Never attempted one...
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Rubiks Cube Records Thu, 19 May 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, don't be shy Chris, please tell us the techniques....
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Rubiks Cube Records Thu, 19 May 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, for I shall also be wanting to learn of the techniques....

All your techniques are belong to us Rolling Eyes
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Rubiks Cube Records Thu, 19 May 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive seena guy solve one in just over a minute,... never really tried too hard on one though, i can think of better stuff to do
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Rubiks Cube Records Thu, 19 May 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blindfolded!! How?
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Rubiks Cube Records Thu, 19 May 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you are on the way to destruction Evil or Very Mad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Rubiks Cube Records Thu, 19 May 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about record times from taking possesion of toy to chucking toy into fire/microwave/wheelie-bin out of frustration and inability to solve the puzzle
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: Rubiks Cube Records Thu, 19 May 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm shocking I get so frustrated I try to pull off the little squares and rearrange it that way Rolling Eyes
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: Rubiks Cube Records Thu, 19 May 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The techniques i used came in a booklet that came with the cube when i bought it.
Basically, do it by layers - the top one, then the middle, then the bottom.
But apparently my method isn't the best - this one is better:

http://lar5.com/cube/
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Rubiks Cube Records Fri, 20 May 2005 06:27 Go to previous message
Well the blindfolded ones say including memorising. My take is that they get a cube, look at it to try and figure out what moves to go where, get blindfolded, then do it. Just have to hope to god they don't drop it halfway through!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:a very weird picture....
Next Topic:Urban Dictionary anyone?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:08:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053019523620605 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.