Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 18r & 18rc timing chain & gears transplant?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackieWolfie
Regular

July 2002

18r & 18rc timing chain & gears transplant? Sun, 22 December 2002 03:51 Go to next message
I have just purchased a ra40 1980 Celica,with a 18rc engine in it.Only problem is it needs another timing chain & timing gears!
Now,Can I use the timing chain & gears from my 1975 rt104 Corona,which has a 18r engine in it?
If so,can people give me some basic bottom line instructions on how to do it?Thanks.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 December 2002 07:23]

Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 18r & 18rc timing chain & gears transplant? Sun, 22 December 2002 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, I'd recommend you use new chains. Don't even both reusing old timing chains for a measly $30-40. Bent valves cost heaps more to fix.
As for instructions, the local library will almost certainly have a Haynes or Gregorys manual for a car (Celica, Corona, etc) with the 18R motor. Photocopy the required bits from there.
BlackieWolfie
Regular

July 2002

Re: 18r & 18rc timing chain & gears transplant? Sun, 22 December 2002 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SO,Basically GiantTomato what you are saying is that I "Can" use the Timing Gears & chains from the Corona & put them into the Celica,But.....Use "New" Timing Chains,right?I hope I got it right !
CuRtana
Regular

December 2002
Re: 18r & 18rc timing chain & gears transplant? Mon, 23 December 2002 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes curious myself. Getting an engine off a mate he said it was an 18R, so I went and bought the 18R timing kit with the gasket and chains and stuff. Now he he said it is an 18R-C, will the 18R kit fit an 18R-C?
mtsbirch
Regular

October 2002
Re: 18r & 18rc timing chain & gears transplant? Sat, 28 December 2002 06:45 Go to previous message
As far as I know the "C" is just for the emmissions controls. The rest of the engines (R & R-C) are the same.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Advice on suspension for an MZ21
Next Topic:..::blow off valve::.. into a 4afc?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 03:21:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004788875579834 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.