Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Landmax
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Help.. 3TGTEU with haltech E6X Mon, 16 May 2005 14:55 Go to next message
I just installed a Haltech E6X on my 3TGTEU. I was wondering if anyone has a MAP that I could try out, just to get it running properly bfore I get it tuned. I belive a map from a Haltech E6K would also work.

I'm using rx-7 injectors from the 13B N/A motor.
CT26 intercooled.
2liter pistons.

any help would be great.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:56]

Send a private message to this user    
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Help.. 3TGTEU with haltech E6X Tue, 17 May 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a bit of a difficult request considering yours is a 2 litre (not so common), and you need to specify the size of those N/A 13B injectors... there's a couple of different types over here in Australia.

Maybe I can give you something close from my 3TGTEU (still 1.8L) with Haltech E6K & 550 cc injectors
Landmax
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Help.. 3TGTEU with haltech E6X Tue, 17 May 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the injector size i belive for the N/A 13b's are 460cc.
And I'm having a problem getting a proper reading off my O2 sensor. My Air/Fuel guage shows Lean but my car is already super rich.

btw: which vacum hoses from the original ECU did u take off?

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2005 19:41]

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Help.. 3TGTEU with haltech E6X Wed, 18 May 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, so your injectors are a bit smaller, but then your engine capacity is bigger, so i'm sure it will get you running well enough to do some fine tuning. Let me know if you want it.

Are you using a narrow (0-1V) or wideband (0-5V) oxygen sensor? If its a narrow band, i'm not surprised that you get a lean readout when the motor is running super rich. Narrow band sensors only read accurately at close to stoich (14.7:1), I have seen an overly rich mixture (out of the sensor's range) show as a lean condition on the mixture readout. A wideband is the only way to go to for tuning Smile

I removed all of the original vacuum hoses, and ran new ones directly off the plenum for the map sensor, blow off valve, fuel pressure regulator etc. Mind you, I didn't have a distributor either, so that was another set of hoses that I didn't need.

Cheers
Phil

Landmax
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Help.. 3TGTEU with haltech E6X Wed, 18 May 2005 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would u be able to send me the MAP that u have for your car so I have something to start off with? thx...

Zodiac_mkl@hotmail.com
Landmax
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Help.. 3TGTEU with haltech E6X Thu, 19 May 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Btw: would it be psible for you to give me a contact number so that I could ask you more questions? Especialy the wiring of the original igniter to the e6k and 2 coils. Coz it feals like i'm loosing power when i hit 5500 rpm.
Landmax
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Help.. 3TGTEU with haltech E6X Fri, 20 May 2005 11:19 Go to previous message
HI, I decided to go with the multi-coil setup. I'm just wondering how to make the trigger wheel or where to get one for the 3TGTEU. Any help would be greately apreciated.

THX.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EFI Banana in Pyjamas ???
Next Topic:URGENT HELP! in regards to rear tailgate on seca ae92
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 14:58:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060992240905762 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.