Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » EFI Banana in Pyjamas ???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon10.gif  EFI Banana in Pyjamas ??? Fri, 20 May 2005 10:54 Go to next message
Can someone please tell me what the "+B" and "+B1" circuits do in a Toyota EFI / ECU ?

Do they supply a constant power feed and the circuit is only active when the EFI earths the other wire ?

How do you test these circuit with a multimeter to prove that they work ?

Is it B1 and B2 coming down the stairs ???? Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: EFI Banana in Pyjamas ??? Fri, 20 May 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to a diagram for the 4AGE 100kw, "+B" and "+B1" give power to the ecu via the 15a efi fuse and the efi main relay when the ignition is turned on.

Hope that makes sense Razz .
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: EFI Banana in Pyjamas ??? Fri, 20 May 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It does.
Can you please tell me what the purpose of these wires is if they run back from various sensors, like VSV's and the supercharger, to the ECU ?
Thanks.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: EFI Banana in Pyjamas ??? Fri, 20 May 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I can gather from the 4age 100kw wiring diagram that I have, it is an ignition supply to the ecu and vsv. What engine are you using and do you have a link to a wiring diagram for your engine that I can look at?
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: EFI Banana in Pyjamas ??? Fri, 20 May 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a Gen 3 1G-GZE but no exact wiring digram for it.

I want to test the 'power' and 'earth' wires to the two VSV's and the SC clutch relay, but I think I am testing it wrong as I assumed the two +B1 wires were actually the earths, and the power came down the switch wires.

How do you test the VSV's ?

Thanks.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: EFI Banana in Pyjamas ??? Fri, 20 May 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just had a quick look at the 1G-GTE diagram in the tech docs and it looks like the +B1 wire gives ignition supply to the vsv and it earths through the ecu. I assume this is similar for the 1G-GZE.

As for testing the vsv, you could disconnect the wires and check the resistance across the two terminals on the vsv to make sure it is not open circuit. I don't know what specific resistance reading you should have across these terminals. Maybe someone else can help in that area but I do know you should have a circuit through it.
Also make sure you have an ignition supply to it.

Hope this helps.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: EFI Banana in Pyjamas ??? Fri, 20 May 2005 12:57 Go to previous message
Brad,

This helps heaps...I will check the VSV's for (some sort of) resistence reading and not open circuit, and the wires for 12v on ignition.

Thanks,
Mitch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA61 master cyl upgrade/capabilities (urgent)
Next Topic:Help.. 3TGTEU with haltech E6X
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:50:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036869049072266 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.