1UZFE into cressida Thu, 05 February 2004 09:53 Go to next message
a mate wanted me to ask about this

if the 1uz will fit into a cressida or isnt there enough room

thanks nathan
  Send a private message to this user    
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Thu, 05 February 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It will fit into an MX83, and there's someone on here putting one into an MX73 (i think).
But of course, it requires some modification to fit.

Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Thu, 05 February 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok he will be pleased to know that

the 92' cressida is the mx83 ?

and what mods have to be done to fit it in there?
and has any one on these forums done this conversion before,
yeah nathan is a pretty good name Very Happy aint it ChaserJZX100 (nathan)
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Thu, 05 February 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=27977&start=0&rid=1134&S=ada4ef43e65 9bf3b983d9acd17b59e7e
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Thu, 05 February 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep should have used the search first, woops, my bad Embarassed

anyway thanks BlackSupra

Nathan
ChaserJZX100
Regular

July 2003
      wtf is a jabber handle
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Thu, 05 February 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as i know you will need engine mounts and a front sump depending on what 1uz your friend gets im not sure on the rest

[Updated on: Fri, 06 February 2004 06:47] by Moderator

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Thu, 05 February 2004 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Biased_99 has a 1uzfe in his MX83

From memory, he pulled the motor + gbox forward 2 inches to clear the bulges on the firewall and so the sump would drop directly in between the xmember and swaybar.
This is possible with auto, but not really with manual.
With auto you will have to lengthen the driveshaft by 2 inches (or how ever far you brought it forward)

By bringing it forward 2 inches the engine mounts line up almost perfectly, but they are different, so a slight custom job is required.

If you are going manual (like I am) you will hit a few more snags with mounts and firewalls, but its worth it IMHO.

The 1uzfe is only a few inches shorter than the 7m, so dont be expecting huge amounts of room infront of the motor.

You are going to have to ask him about his exhaust manifolds as I don't know where the steering is on his

as for mine, http://oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/eng_conv/ more pics...
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Thu, 05 February 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida

it is looking like an interesting conversion if i cant pick up a decent MA61 in the next month or so i may look into doing this conversion also on an MX83

anyone selling a cressida grande with a moon roof

and also do you know if biased99 has a site or any way to contact him ive sent him a few PM's and no reply

thanks, Nathan
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Fri, 06 February 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He does have a site, but its been down for aaages, so whether he has a new one, and hasnt told anyone , I don't know.
Someone else may know

[Updated on: Fri, 06 February 2004 06:46] by Moderator

biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Fri, 06 February 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 06 February 2004 11:27

He does have a site, but its been down for aaages, so whether he has a new one, and hasnt told anyone , I don't know.
Someone else may know

Yes, it has been a while...

The story goes thus:

I changed my ISP (and went ADSL in the process), and now want to host the web-site myself on a server I have here. Problem is, I have installed Red Hat Linux on it and am a bit of a Linux newbie, so am learning as I go. Ultimately, the site will be back in some form (and this time it will stay up!). In the meantime, I can only ask that people have patience.

As for the conversion, Cruzsida had it right in his post. The engine in mine sits forward further than Darrens; (He had initial clearance issues with the cam cover/brake booster), and in my case, there is little (almost none) room between front of engine and radiator. Exhaust manifold on the driver side had to be cut and welded to clear the steering shaft. Tailshaft was lengthened by 30mm and bolted in perfectly after that.

For those wanting to do such a conversion, they arent the easiest one out there; engine space is tight, and there is a bit of custom-making of stuff involved (primarily because no UZ-series engine ever graced an X-series vehicle).

Still, at the end of the day, we like the car as it is now. It has the mod cons we want, and the performance to keep us reasonably happy...(which isnt to say that I would decline an extra few RWKW... Evil or Very Mad

It is still (like my web-site Razz ) a work in progress.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Fri, 06 February 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biased99 wrote on Fri, 06 February 2004 22:21

Exhaust manifold on the driver side had to be cut and welded to clear the steering shaft. Tailshaft was lengthened by 30mm and bolted in perfectly after that.

Hehheeh, I'm finding the same thing, although, since I'm back at the firewall, its *just* clearing the steering (tho i'll get it lengthened for peace of mind), and the passengers side hit the firewall, so that has to be shortened.
biased99 wrote on Fri, 06 February 2004 22:21

For those wanting to do such a conversion, they arent the easiest one out there; engine space is tight, and there is a bit of custom-making of stuff involved

Damn straight, there have been times over the last 3 days where my heart has just sank coz I didnt think it would clear this, or clear that, but its beginning to look better now

I hate doing something nobody has attempted before
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Fri, 06 February 2004 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well its kinda good to hear that someone has done it and that it can be done with some work and patience, and i need a front sump? what model had the front sump? does the crown super saloon have one or not ?

thanks for all the info

Nathan
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Sat, 07 February 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida your on the kalmaker forums aint ya?
it all makes sence now, i thought i recignised the project from somewhere, its coming along very nicely
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Sat, 07 February 2004 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'm there
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Sun, 08 February 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LS400/Celsior have a front sump.
And i think one of the Crown's had a front sump, but dont quote me on that.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1UZFE into cressida Sun, 08 February 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of the Crown Majesta's (UZS151) has a front sump, although I can't comment on the model before it.
chaser94
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Fri, 20 May 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just for curiosity, apart from buying the engine, what would
it be worth to do the rest of the conversion into a MX83 cressida? I know if you can do alot it helps the price come down but a rough price would be good to know for both, including fuel system, wiring etc.

Thanks
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Fri, 20 May 2005 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doing it ALL yourself (bar exhaust), you'll be looking at 2k minimum ontop of the motor/gbox/loom/ecu/etc.

Doing it properly would be about 5k on top.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Sat, 21 May 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a drive in drive out conversion for a 1uz in a hilux is about 8000

this includes everything up to an engineers report

so use this as a guide

yrs willbe cheaper since u dont need surge tank efi pump etc

for the hilux it is about 6000 in parts and 2 to 3 grand in labour

these are prices from a good workshop i know
chaser94
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Sun, 22 May 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what about a 1jz what is that worth to do on top of engine gearbox? Im just trying to get an idea on what seems to be cheaper

Thanks guys
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Sun, 22 May 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chaser94 wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 12:33

Im just trying to get an idea on what seems to be cheaper

Leaving the stock motor in.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1UZFE into cressida Sun, 22 May 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 10:26]

M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1UZFE into cressida Sun, 22 May 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Sun, 08 February 2004 23:24

One of the Crown Majesta's (UZS151) has a front sump, although I can't comment on the model before it.

Crown UZS131 is a mid sump.
Also has tight exst headers and a lower profile intake manifold.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1UZFE into cressida Sun, 22 May 2005 11:24 Go to previous message
M.W.P. wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 18:25

justcallmefrank wrote on Sun, 08 February 2004 23:24

Crown UZS131 is a mid sump.
Also has tight exst headers and a lower profile intake manifold.

UZS141 is front sump too.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What to do with my 4AGZE
Next Topic:(18rg) wade 137 cam specs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 06:00:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062549114227295 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.