Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » great ocean road cruise

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Occasional Poster

November 2004
great ocean road cruise Mon, 04 April 2005 18:58 Go to next message
hey guys just wondering when the cruise will happen coz i am very interested in this just got my p's and want a decent cruise.
  Send a private message to this user    
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: great ocean road cruise Wed, 06 April 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd only do a G.O.R cruise with people i know and trust

Stu, mike, ryley etc.
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: great ocean road cruise Wed, 06 April 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why is that have you had a bad experence with some dick heads on a cruise or some think.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: great ocean road cruise Wed, 06 April 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cruising on the G.O.R you can guarentee theres gonna be a bit of spirited driving. I wanna know that if im giving it a bit and theres people infront/following that i can trust their cars/driving. Dont wanna end up with bent cars/pulling people outa bent cars.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: great ocean road cruise Wed, 06 April 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or watching as they plunge forth into the abyss Laughing
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: great ocean road cruise Wed, 06 April 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I almost did that once in the subaru. Was way down S.A side of hte G.O.R Came into a corner and ass locked up for some reason. If i hadn't have taken it easy i woulda flew off about 10Mish drop.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: great ocean road cruise Wed, 06 April 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 19:00

I'd only do a G.O.R cruise with people i know and trust

Stu, mike, ryley etc.

me ??? Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: great ocean road cruise Wed, 06 April 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take it from someone who lives in the area - i wont be planning any great ocean road runs till baout june or july due to the roadworks going on atm .. they should be finished by then ..

And ill say it again - as a general warning - the GOR os not for newbies .. its a dificult piecve of road that really does require an understanding of your cars handling before you can go down ther confidently .. the guys who have gone along it will know what i mean .. joels right - in a way - you have to have an understanding of how your car will go if you indeed need pull up quick in a group

though ( multiple number and letter name kid whos just got P plates ) if you want to go for a nice hills drive thats quite fun to do - we could always go for a run thru the otways - thats a nice few hours drive with quite challanging bits - if we go say down via lavers hill to apollo bay then back up over the mountain ..

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: great ocean road cruise Thu, 07 April 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and James! I know i've forgotten more names but yeah.

Heres an example of the G.O.R i learnt stacksload more about the mr2 in a few hours driving on the G.O.R then i did the whole of last year i wreckon. Probably fried one or two helpless animals aswell Laughing
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: great ocean road cruise Thu, 07 April 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When it does happen, I call shotgun with Stu. Hmm, that combines Stu and Mike, we will some kind of Super Joel Trusting Guy! or SJTG if you will.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: great ocean road cruise Thu, 07 April 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and we can all pick up chicks......... well cept for mike, cos he's taken Cool
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: great ocean road cruise Thu, 07 April 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not Ryley either. Hes got a girlfriend "Buffy" because im gonna have to hurt him if hes refering to his car with that bullshit.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: great ocean road cruise Thu, 07 April 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah ryley said i could take buffy for a ride one night Laughing
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: great ocean road cruise Thu, 07 April 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, last time i did gor one month ago there was about 5 sets of road works bewteen anglesea and cape otway, too ages, Mad
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: great ocean road cruise Thu, 07 April 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enough oh well hope that you have fun going by yaself if you cant trust any one
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: great ocean road cruise Thu, 07 April 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THe bits that are completed are wicked. Smoother then a shaved chick!
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: great ocean road cruise Thu, 07 April 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shwing! Shocked
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: great ocean road cruise Fri, 08 April 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 18:01

and we can all pick up chicks......... well cept for mike, cos he's taken Cool

Oh boy!!! Very Happy

"I have a Supra, please date me !!!"
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: great ocean road cruise Fri, 08 April 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the gt4 will always win cause it comes with free hairdressing !

Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: great ocean road cruise Fri, 08 April 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 20:38

the gt4 will always win cause it comes with free hairdressing !

Its not a hairdresser car for one simple number, 5, not 4.
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: great ocean road cruise Sat, 09 April 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ne one wanna hit gor tom? go to lorne for pub lunch, hmmmmm pub, hmmmm twisties, hmmmm fwd oversteer, or even monday arvo/night!!!!
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: great ocean road cruise Tue, 12 April 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll go if Allan, Stu, Ryley, Yian, Mike, James, Joel and my brother...

Also depending on the day if I am working (*hope it's Sunday*)

Cheers.

*Edit - For Clown Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2005 01:24]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: great ocean road cruise Tue, 12 April 2005 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. it isn't fair.......!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: great ocean road cruise Tue, 12 April 2005 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I'll go if Allan, Stu, Ryley, Yian, Mike, James and my brother...

Awww... someone remembered me. Went down GOR on Monday (with mum and relatives) and the roads were pretty good. Better than last time I went down there.

Quote:

hmmmm fwd oversteer

Heh, was driving my brothers Accord and the only steering I had was understeer. Really badly. It was scary.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: great ocean road cruise Wed, 13 April 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 02:02

what about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. it isn't fair.......!

I thought Joel that your car is off the road for *a while* Razz

Oh well...

Then I'll add you in Smile

Cheers.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: great ocean road cruise Wed, 13 April 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah bit short on cash at the moment. But either way i'll be there if i can even if its minus the mr2.
ROME_GT4
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: great ocean road cruise Sat, 30 April 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've always wanted to do the GOR, especially with Stu, since he's the man to follow. I had so much fun on the Black Spur with Keyroo and rest of the celica group. The GOR is definitely next.

Hmm, might get my break upgrade a little early Evil or Very Mad
Green_Comet
Regular

August 2003
Re: great ocean road cruise Mon, 09 May 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well just bought a mx5 in place of my AE86, the mx5 has a pretty wicked suspension system, so i can wait for this cruise and to c what my new car has got interms of handling..

cant wait.... Very Happy
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: great ocean road cruise Mon, 09 May 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the cruise should be good if it ever gets organised, and for some one at near the top of the post who said that you need to know your car i do, raced at winton a few times and i will give you a run for ya money. celica's always win. lol
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: great ocean road cruise Mon, 09 May 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ryan - the idea always behind a GOR cruise is being safe ..

fun is fun but racing isnt worth being around on that road - it takes lives .. Sorry to sound like an old fart but id only go on GOR cruises with people who want fun , not a trophy . this isnt a direct poke at you mate - just a general appeal to have respect for that section of road

ive said it a few times now - 2 of my friends have been killed on it - both times werent under " racing " conditions

if you can be killed just enjoying it - being a tool on it only increases the chances that something really nasty will happen..

Anyway - after all my rant stuff - we should organise something soon - it is nice to enjoy just for the scenery if anything - and the roads should be ALOT safer in the coming months as they are competing roadworks on it as we speak to patch up all the bad surfacing
Green_Comet
Regular

August 2003
Re: great ocean road cruise Mon, 09 May 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
totally understand tha stu, hope i didnt come across wrong.
I am a responsible driver and dont have a bad attitude towards the safety of myself and others..
Just trying to say that im happy as the mx5 i bought has quite a good aftermarket suspesion setup installed, and gor would be a gr8 place to c how it handles, as it is a fantastic stretch or road.

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: great ocean road cruise Mon, 09 May 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hah - not your fault mate i shoulda clarified which ryan i meant

not older dori86 ryan of leet levin fame Smile

it was referring to young ryan of ra65 in wodonga fame

Green_Comet
Regular

August 2003
Re: great ocean road cruise Tue, 10 May 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
....thats ok, all i can say to that is, "cocain's a hell of a drug......" Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2005 03:34]

Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: great ocean road cruise Tue, 10 May 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not in it for a race or a trophy just want to go on a cruise with heaps of people coz its always heaps of fun. just that a few of you think that you are the best drivers in the world i know i aint but i am pretty good and know my car like the back of my hand. but if you dont want new comers thats alright. and are all yous going to be racing at winton on the fun day, if you are look out for me.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: great ocean road cruise Tue, 10 May 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... Sad You all forgot me! What about meee! Then agian... I guess the Lancer is a hunk of junk, and I am a shithouse driver... point taken guys... point taken. Razz
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: great ocean road cruise Tue, 10 May 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
read again - lil ryan - it wasnt an attack just a warning " to treat the road woth respect - i tell everyone that - just to make sure they dont think its gunna be a walk in the park ..

and as a point - a racetracks alot diifferent to a real road as you would know by now - and the GOR's surface is never as smooth as a circuit , not does it have safety armco's and sand traps to pull you up if something goes wrong - one of my friends who was killed found this out the bad way when he tried to avoid a " tourist " car - who had crossed the middle dividing lines - his bike was clipped , he came off his bike - and ended up in the path of another car ..

now hes dead..

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: great ocean road cruise Tue, 10 May 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and LOL at cocaine

" he had this orange aura going on! - OH NO THE DARRKNESS! "
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: great ocean road cruise Tue, 10 May 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just been down it for an import cruise recently, very nice, roads works left it far better and it is very smooth, and with summer going it is getting quieter.

and to break up the day we also went to a few short walks around the area (erskine & sheok falls, then to the pub/cafe for a food/drink before heading home.

Green_Comet
Regular

August 2003
Re: great ocean road cruise Tue, 10 May 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

he had this orange aura going on! - OH NO THE DARRKNESS!

http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~jb264/0212_rickjames.jpg

"That was, coooolllllldddddd bloooooded" Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2005 14:11]

ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: great ocean road cruise Thu, 12 May 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 22:52

ryan - the idea always behind a GOR cruise is being safe ..

fun is fun but racing isnt worth being around on that road - it takes lives .. Sorry to sound like an old fart but id only go on GOR cruises with people who want fun , not a trophy . this isnt a direct poke at you mate - just a general appeal to have respect for that section of road

ive said it a few times now - 2 of my friends have been killed on it - both times werent under " racing " conditions

if you can be killed just enjoying it - being a tool on it only increases the chances that something really nasty will happen..

Anyway - after all my rant stuff - we should organise something soon - it is nice to enjoy just for the scenery if anything - and the roads should be ALOT safer in the coming months as they are competing roadworks on it as we speak to patch up all the bad surfacing

Too true Stu, only takes a few people who think they own the road and they end up either off the road, into a tree or collect inocent people No No No

So has a date been set? I have to try and prepare the MA61 & SA63 to go down together...

Cheers.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: great ocean road cruise Thu, 12 May 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Green_Comet wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 00:06

Quote:

he had this orange aura going on! - OH NO THE DARRKNESS!

http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~jb264/0212_rickjames.jpg

"That was, coooolllllldddddd bloooooded" Laughing

Will the Rick James Bitch madness ever end?? Laughing

Darknesses! Black magic... etc

I'm interested in checking out this road, i've yet to drive along it afaik.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: great ocean road cruise Mon, 16 May 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just went last weekend. it was alright. best stretch is between lorne and apollo bay. part tru the mountains at lavers hill and the place next to it is a little bumpy.

dont bother driving in the dark or early morning b4 sunrise. a little dangerous and wet.

if u ever drive up to warnambool, i only discovered ONE fuel station with optimax or any 98RON fuel. that would be the SHELL just b4 the town centre
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: great ocean road cruise Mon, 16 May 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Colac now has BP ultimate - FINALLY
so thats Ultimate or optimax to choose from now for anyone needing it before a drive
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: great ocean road cruise Mon, 16 May 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SO LETS MAKE A DATE,

to give enough notice, allows some studnets to finish exams etc, say weekend of the 11/12th JUne.

can have various meet points etc, one of which could be either bunnings waurn ponds or corio say 11ish.

any thoughts?
Son Gokou
Regular

September 2002

icon1.gif  Re: great ocean road cruise Tue, 17 May 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm also interested in a cruise @ great ocean road Smile

twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: great ocean road cruise Tue, 17 May 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
count me in to, wanna stretch the 20v's legs Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: great ocean road cruise Fri, 20 May 2005 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't think i;ll be there. got a shitload of uni, work and car crap. buffy is still getting the headgasket fixed, and i'm torn between swapping all the 7m gear into the white car or keeping it in buffy, and spending my $$ on paintwork and black interior.. (eventually black paintwork)

but otherwise you guys have fun. and thankyou for my driving kudos. joel, you may have to be patient.

mike, buffy is cool.

everyone else, hi.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: great ocean road cruise Fri, 20 May 2005 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryley: flutter flutter Wink
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: great ocean road cruise Fri, 20 May 2005 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 02:23

i don't think i;ll be there. got a shitload of uni, work and car crap.

Bah excuses excuses Razz What if its during the uni mid year break? No assignments, no uni. You can take a day off work and the car will be fine Very Happy
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: great ocean road cruise Fri, 20 May 2005 23:18 Go to previous message
Yian wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 08:12

Evil_Foetus wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 02:23

i don't think i;ll be there. got a shitload of uni, work and car crap.

Bah excuses excuses Razz What if its during the uni mid year break? No assignments, no uni. You can take a day off work and the car will be fine Very Happy

You going Yian? Oi Ryley, Come'on go... Stuart may have his dad's MA61 there as well if we are lucky Very Happy ... I'll take my MA61 down for a run that is if nothing goes pear shapped with her... Currenlty needs new hub bearings and other stuff...

Cheers.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fulllock drift calendar.
Next Topic:MCCR Friday 13th Cruise
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:27:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086381435394287 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.