Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RA40Celica
Regular

June 2002
  chris_rg@jabber.org
(18rg) wade 137 cam specs Sun, 22 May 2005 01:15 Go to next message

i think ive see the specs for these cams on these forums before but i can't find them now.

anyone got the specs handy? anyone here used 137s before?, need high comp pistons?, clearance issues? any other comments about wade 137 cams?
  Send a private message to this user    
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: (18rg) wade 137 cam specs Sun, 22 May 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have wade grind cams in my 2T-G. They are a different number obiously. Mine are ment to be 305.5 degrees duration, and seam to be very close to that when I dial them in on my motor. I will be doing this again (dialing in cams) in the next week.

If I can have a look at your cams, I think I can tell you everything you need to know. We have to measure some things. More compression is good, but not needed to make the motor run. We can measure valve lift, piston clearance should not be an issue, unless you make a mistake installing them. Set up valve clearances about the same as the factory book says.

Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: (18rg) wade 137 cam specs Sun, 22 May 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a set of these. Bought them off the forums.
I'll email you the spec sheet.

You'll want to fly cut your valves, they're reasonably large cams.
Scootaphill
Regular

November 2004
Re: (18rg) wade 137 cam specs Sun, 22 May 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive tried to post the stinkin spec sheet 3 time.... agh

no joy
but i do have it Confused
RA40Celica
Regular

June 2002
  chris_rg@jabber.org
Re: (18rg) wade 137 cam specs Sun, 22 May 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

geez that was quick. Thanks Steve.

Jonny: i haven't got them, i just saw them for sale and i'm considering things. I will probably be in touch if i end up getting them.

So anyone know more about the piston clearance issues? Is turning the motor over by hand any indication that things are ok. I imagine when the revs build up there could be issues you can't notice when the engine is static.

I'm not really keen to pull the block apart. I can change the head easily enough without taking the engine out of the vehicle.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: (18rg) wade 137 cam specs Sun, 22 May 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't see why you would need to flycut the pistons or take the head off. But things will touch if you have them timed wrong. You really need a degree wheel (can print on paper if you have to), and a dial gauge to set them up. I have the dial gauge, but have only used a printed degree wheel I have made.
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: (18rg) wade 137 cam specs Sun, 22 May 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ran massive cams on 9.7 comp no worries did not need fly cuts. The cams are easy to set up tdc no1 the cut outs on the cams go to the top then it trial end error to get peak performance

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 03:13]

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: (18rg) wade 137 cam specs Sun, 22 May 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are 298deg as advertised and 256 at .050 and 0.410" lift

i know where u r getting them from too, THEY'RE MINE MOTHER FUCKER Evil or Very Mad
RA40Celica
Regular

June 2002
  chris_rg@jabber.org
Re: (18rg) wade 137 cam specs Sun, 22 May 2005 11:18 Go to previous message
Mr DOHC wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 20:18

i know where u r getting them from too, THEY'RE MINE MOTHER FUCKER Evil or Very Mad

lol... we'll see Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1UZFE into cressida
Next Topic:HKS Metal Head Gasket (4AGE) / Head bolt torque
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 17:55:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057730674743652 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.