Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jacek
Occasional Poster

June 2004
AE85 trueno coupe Sun, 22 May 2005 12:50 Go to next message
im in the market for a sprinter and have found one thats a truneo coupe(AE85) . Seems all good but i just wanna ask a few questions:

1. Are all parts from AE86 interchangable with the AE85? (mainly wanna know bout suspension)

2. will i still need to change the diff housing as i would with an aus-spec sprinter in order to fit an LSD?

Thanks
Jacek
  Send a private message to this user    
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE85 trueno coupe Sun, 22 May 2005 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1: yes
2: yes, however previous owner may of changed in japan or here, worth checking out the size of ur diff to compare with s-series... if its s-series... no lsd will fit... u need t series

shiri
Boso_Elvis
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: AE85 trueno coupe Sun, 22 May 2005 21:14 Go to previous message
jacek wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 22:50

im in the market for a sprinter and have found one thats a truneo coupe(AE85) . Seems all good but i just wanna ask a few questions:

1. Are all parts from AE86 interchangable with the AE85? (mainly wanna know bout suspension)

2. will i still need to change the diff housing as i would with an aus-spec sprinter in order to fit an LSD?

Thanks
Jacek

Even though ae86 parts are interchangeable with this car, you might want to check with an engineer in your state about the 3AU to 4AGE swap (If thats what your intending on doing). As in many states because these engines are of a different series (unlike the 4AC to 4AGE swap done with aus specs) an engineers cert. is required. Then again you might be right as I have no idea what the regs are in WA.

This has been covered heaps of times though so you might want to do a search for more info.

BTW if for some reason you decide to pass this in, can you pm me the details? Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 23:11]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:gt4 fuel consumption.
Next Topic:Defected... need some help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 22:20:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053980350494385 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.