Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon8.gif  Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 02:12 Go to next message
I need some help with checking wiring on my 1G-GZE that is not working.
I have a later model Crown ECU on my earlier model Crown GZE motor, and by comparing the pins on the two ECU boards, I notice that +B and +B1 are swapped over. I don't have the exact correct ECU for my engine, but I know a guy who does for his engine, so we are comparing notes.

I think that both these 'B' circuits get a continuous 12v supply once the engine is started. Correct me if I am wrong.

I understand that if any sensor/valve/device is on either +B or +B1 it is switched on by the ECU earthing the other wire that runs to that device.

So, is it critical to have +B and +B1 correct is what circuits that they power ? Or will they work if swapped around ?

Thanks,
Mitch.
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the 7MGTE B+ and B1+ are the same source.
It just bridges at the ecu.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah all the +b, b1+ wires I have seen join together and get power from the main efi relay.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same source, different names, keep going Razz
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as stated above.

"EFI main" is just a power relay that turns on when you turn the key to IGNITION, and gives power to the ECU and most of the engine electrics like coils and injectors etc.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guy's,
Thank you one and all for the quick and informative responses, and yes, Frank, I will just have to keep on looking !!!
Thanks mate !!! Razz
Cheers,
Mitch.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you sort out those S/C wires?
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exactly what I am working on now.

I think I have a newer SC plugged into an older engine, in that the SC is, via its relay, eventually connected into the grey round 2 pire loom plug, with a yellow 2 wire round plug.

Yellow and grey don't match, so methinks a stuff up here.

Questions are, can I run the SC without its relay ?

How should I wire the SC directly ?

The SC has a green w white (power) and a white w black (earth).
When I give 12v direct to the green w white it pulls the clutch in (yay !)

Grey loom plug is black w red (+B1) and red, which has continuity with the blue w yellow S/C control pin at the ECU.

What do you reckon ?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wire the clutch in directly and take it for a spin.

Btw, what exactly is the problem?
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem is almost no power right through the rev range, and no boost no matter what conditions the engine is running in.

Early (85-87) 1GGZE's have a plug with 2 wires running to the S/C clutch while mine only has the one. So I guess I need a relay in there somewhere.

I can give it 12v direct full time, but won't my fuel mixtutes be too lean for the pressurised air ?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's usually on all the time isn't it, just off at idle? Regardless, if the air is passing through the AFM, it should fuel for it.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, off at idle, off when the engine is cold, but otherwise on
all the other times.

Would it help if I described the current wiring set-up just around the SC?

There is probably only two wires that I could swap anyway.....
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The wiring wouldn't make any sense over the internet without any prior knowledge. Try swapping the wires if you think you've really got them around the wrong way. Failing that, 12V the sucker.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will wire it up as per the Gen 2 motor, effectively bypassing the SC relay. So +B1 brings constant 12v power, signal wire from ECU says go.

I found a second wire on the SC clutch, it runs for an inch to a local earth on the SC housing, so that is what I will use to run the thing.

BTW, this SC relay I have, has me stumped. Only has a Nippondenso part number on it, has 70.5 Ohm resistence, and the diagram on the side shows two pins form a switch, while the other two run either side of a rectangle in the circuit. Its all inside a rubber booted condom thingy. What could trigger this relay to work ? Ambient air temp, air pressure, drop bears warning ? Razz

Thanks,
Mitch.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 19:58

BTW, this SC relay I have, has me stumped. Only has a Nippondenso part number on it, has 70.5 Ohm resistence, and the diagram on the side shows two pins form a switch, while the other two run either side of a rectangle in the circuit. Its all inside a rubber booted condom thingy. What could trigger this relay to work ? Ambient air temp, air pressure, drop bears warning ? Razz

Thanks,
Mitch.

Sounds like a normal relay to me.

Look up the way relays work (pass current thought a winding to create a magnetic field which in turn pulls the switch closed pretty well)....the two pins that goto the black box are used to trigger the other two pins to connect. i.e. gnd one side of the rectangle in the circuit and add 12v to the other and the relay will close/open depending on if its normally open or normally closed Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
Gleno28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Mon, 23 May 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With my 1GGZE, i can drive around all day gently without the S/C enguaging, still plenty of torque, just a quick press on the gas turns it on - as soon as there is enough load i find.
Glen.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Help Please: +B and +B1 Wiring Q ? Tue, 24 May 2005 02:40 Go to previous message
Thanks again everyone for your advice.
I have another relay question to ask but I will start a new thread for that one.

Glen - thanks for chiming in here as well, sorry to start conversations across two e-mail addresses. My family is all sick with the flu so I at home looking after them.

I will get back to you on the other thread when I get back to work.

Thanks.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:cressida control arms
Next Topic:Gen II 4AGZE Crank Angle Sensor
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:46:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064969062805176 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.