Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
davsin50
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Fri, 20 May 2005 14:00 Go to next message
http://ben.loaded.net/vids/GeneralLee.mpeg

too funny.
  Send a private message to this user    
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Fri, 20 May 2005 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh get with the times newbie.
Old news biatch. "You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!"

Just kidding. It one of the best drifts i have seen
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Sat, 21 May 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this the video will all the new nissan cars ?
and then "the mighty general" comes past them all sideways ?
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Sun, 22 May 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats not actually fromthe movie is it, if so, thats some dodgy camera work
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Sun, 22 May 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that's a resident with a cam corder recording the scene
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Sun, 22 May 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not a bad effort to hold a car that big at angle like that Smile

i dont think the old general would be as precice in steeering as something more " dorui " orientated "
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Sun, 22 May 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually big cars are easier to hold in a long constant slide like that... it's when you try throwing them around things go pear-shaped!
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Sun, 22 May 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 11:03

thats not actually fromthe movie is it, if so, thats some dodgy camera work

Yeah that scene is from the movie, you can see a couple of seconds of it in the trailer (on Yahoo Movies or at dukesofhazzard.warnerbros.com) although it is from a different angle.

I agree with Draven, someone probably just recorded one of the takes with a camcorder. Awesome drift though!

-Mattt

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Mon, 23 May 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just watched the trailer it looks mad but the actors are nothing like the real actors, and why have they still got the old general when the cops have newer cars ?
Cant wait for it come out tho !!!!
Yeeeeehawwwwwww !
brodiepearce
Regular

February 2005

Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Mon, 23 May 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a real life intial d movie being made aswell so of course it has the fujiwara tofu ae86 and the rest of em, and its set on one of the real tracks in the anime, i wont go into detail so i dont bore those who aren't into it, but it barely follows the plot ill leave it at that, if it comes out here ill only be seeing it for the drifting lol (but my inner fanboy will smelt in fury )

oh yeah heres a link,its got a trailer and a promo (even if your not into the anime the vids are well worth seeing {awesome touge drifting]) http://hk.initialdthemovie.com/index_en.html

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 12:21]

matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Mon, 23 May 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 16:58

I just watched the trailer it looks mad but the actors are nothing like the real actors, and why have they still got the old general when the cops have newer cars ?
Cant wait for it come out tho !!!!
Yeeeeehawwwwwww !

Because the General Lee will always be a '69 Charger, no matter when the movie is set! I doubt anyone would take it seriously if they used a modern car for the General or something, they'd certainly piss the fans of the show off that's for sure. The General is an ICON (especially for us 30-somethings who grew up watching the show) and they'd be crazy to change it.

The casting looks pretty good too, my main reservation is Seann William Scott as Bo - I just can't see him pulling off a Southern "good ol' boy" role with the accent and all (I once lived in North Carolina so I met my fair share of them), but maybe he'll surprise me when I see the movie. I guess he's never shaken off the Stifler tag that he's always had. Jessica Simpson looks OK as Daisy, I was annoyed when it was announced she got the role, but from what I have seen in the trailer she's done a reasonable job with it. Considering that Britney Spears and Mandy Moore also auditioned for the role, I'm glad Jessica got it. Her southern accent is a bit forced though. My choice for Daisy would be Carmen Electra, she has the right look and would have been awesome in the role. However Willie Nelson as Uncle Jesse and Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg are casting masterstrokes!

I'll be seeing it on opening night for sure. Yeeeehaaaaa!! *cue dixie horn noise*

-Matt
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Tue, 24 May 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=matt86sx wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 09:41]

Because the General Lee will always be a '69 Charger, no matter when the movie is set!
-Matt

so if the movie was set pre 69 he'd still have a 69 charger Razz
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Tue, 24 May 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 16:02]
matt86sx wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 09:41

Because the General Lee will always be a '69 Charger, no matter when the movie is set!
-Matt

so if the movie was set pre 69 he'd still have a 69 charger Razz

Smart arse! Laughing

Well the TV show came out in 1979 so maybe I should change that to "no matter when the movie is set between 1979 and the present day", lol

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Tue, 24 May 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the actors they picked rule Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Tue, 24 May 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would have been better if they picked actors with a natural southern accent i think.

They wrote of like 390 Generals making the tv series.

And god knows how many cop cars.
I wonder were the old one was filmed.
I know it was filmed on one of the warner brothers ranch and in the local town.
But where in southern usa is it ?
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Tue, 24 May 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The first five episodes were filmed in and around Covington and Conyers, Georgia, and also parts of Atlanta (where the script called for them to be in Atlanta. LOL). After that production moved to the back lot of Warner Bros studios in California and some facilities in Burbank. Dukes fan Chris adds the following on the California location..."I have been watching the reruns on CMT which brought me to your site. I thought you might want to add that most of the dirt road, bridge crossing, oak pasture scenes were shot at Disney''s Golden Oak Ranch at Placerita Canyon in Santa Clarita, CA They are not open to the public for tours but you can see a lot of it from Placerita Canyon Road."

taken from http://www.hazzardnet.com

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Drifting vid from new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie. Wed, 25 May 2005 01:54 Go to previous message
ohhhhk i want to visit there one day.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[MELB] Car trailer - Score $$$ and maybe a new set of tyres
Next Topic:AE86 in Import Tuner Mag
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 09:54:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007519006729126 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.