AuthorTopic
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 07:38 Go to next message

Muffin vs Crumpet[ 65 vote(s) ]
1.The English Muffin 38 / 58%
2.The Crumpet 27 / 42%

For ages i have been plagued by which of the two is the better choice for breakfast. i used to be a firm believer that nothing came close to a hot crumpet soaked in butter and honey until one day... there were no crumpets, and i was forced to eat the humble english muffin instead. after toasting, i added a decent amount of butter to each half, and then, a smidge of vegemite on one half, and an absolute shitload of peanut butter to the other. boy o boy was it good. but now, im faced with the dilemma of which breakfast bread to tell mum to buy?

What do i do?.....

Any comments/thoughts are greatly appreciated

Yours in warm bread derived breakfast foods,
Tom

Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tend to like variety.. but english muffins generally are better. less messy, and much more versatile! english muffin with a grilled sausage and slice of cheese, with a smidge of french mustard *drools*

and of course very good with butter and honey, but the crumpet tastes as good, if not a little better, with butter & honey... you just need a bib to eat it and wash your hands afterwards.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im a crumpet man myself
but i dont mind a muffin form time to time
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
er, this thread is...different Razz

i havent had either for ages, but i voted crumpet anyway Very Happy
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I AM THE MUFFIN MAN!
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muffin for sure, u get that shit, smear it in butter and whack it in the oven till crispy
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The muffin is more versatile, can you make a bacon and egg MC'crumpet?
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although i'm partial to a warm crumpet for breakfast, the english muffin is much more versatile.

Mmm, maybe i'll make myself some mini-pizzas for dinner tonight Wink

EDIT: Damn Malicia, you beat me to it!

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 08:27]

Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah while crumpets are good for mini pizzas, you can also use muffins for them. But you can't use crumpets for bacon and eggs so i'd have to go with the muffin.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crumpets fo shizzle!
cheesy crumpets, nutella crumpets, jam crumpets...is there anything ye cant do?
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry_omega wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 18:31

Yeah while crumpets are good for mini pizzas, you can also use muffins for them.

Yeah, I meant using muffins Razz Never tried it with crumpets but I don't think they would work too well since all the tomato sauce would leak through the holes...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheese melted on top of already toasted crumpet even better with vegemite under neath the cheese. muffins are tops too good to make mini pizzas out of
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah crumpets are good for the cheese melted on top but whilst they are yummy they are very messy to eat best with golden syrup on top but so messy
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm both sides make some pretty interesting points. at the moment though i am leaning towards the versatility of the muffin. however i am yet to cast my vote and finally send mum to get my chosen one in next weeks shopping.....

keep comments coming. im not sure if i want to lose an old friend in the crumpet, but you supporters of the fabled wholey bread arent being vocal enough to convince me not too....
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant beleive this is even being discussed, muffin wins hands down.

does anyone else know the song "muffin man" by frank zapper? i absolutely LOVE that song. frank zappa was a champion.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
English muffin BUT u have to have so much Vegemite that its sour Shocked i love it
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love crumpets with lots of vegemite and dipped in soup mmmm Smile
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ok. i think a verdict has been reached:

TOM: Mum, i've made my decision. can you please buy muffins instead of crumpets this week?
MUM: But you've been eating crumpets forever and a day...
TOM: i know, but i think its time for a change, one that opens up a pandoras box of opportunities; sweet or savoury flavourings, with more potential than just breakfast.
MUM: What are you talking about?
TOM: Mum, i think its time you stepped forward into the muffin revolution.
MUM: Okay son, what ever you say. It really is a shame to see the crumpet finally leave this household, but you seem to think the muffin is more than capable.
TOM: Oh, and it is.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DON'T DO IT !!!!!
Crumpets are way better than muffins.
for a start nobody refers to pussy as "muffin" (altho now i see it it could be a metaphore for plesuring a woman oraly) but they do say "crumpet" in the UK.
Crumpet's are great to soak up butter and things like that, I still get hungry when a see the golden crumpet sing with the honey dripping onto it.
I whip the crumpet out of the toaster chuck a knob of butter on it them throw it in the microwave to make sure it soaks up all the butter.
Once when melting butter for a cake i toasted a crumpet and left it in the meltedbutter till it was almost hard then at the crumpet. It was amazing !!!!!!
Try and crumpet and "indo me" noodles use the crumpet to soak up the spicy nooldle juice.

Mookie
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
variety is the key!!!!!

I love crumpets with vegemite, and love muffins with just butter, but i dont like changing and having muffins with vegenite and crumpets with just butter.

If i were you id tell her to buy one one week and the other on the 2nd week
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
both here, love them equally as with 99% of all foods out there Evil or Very Mad

will start with a muffin with bacon and egg and bbq sauce then move to a crumpet Wink
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Sun, 22 May 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crumpet and Honey...
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Mon, 23 May 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm an English Muffin fan myself. Fry up an ega nd some bacon, whack it into a muffin and away you go! Very Happy

But if the moment calls for some crumpet, then I'm not impartial to that. Wink

On a side note: I haven't had a crumpet for ages. There's been some good ideas in this thread I'm gonna have to give a go. Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Mon, 23 May 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was funny cos i saw this thread after having crumpets for brekkie on saturday morning. You know what else is good raison toast with butter and cinnamun sugar.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Mon, 23 May 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CRAP

I clicked crumpet, but I meant to click Muffin!!

NOTHING comes close to a hot, forksplit english muffin with slightly brown crispy edges and some nice plain butter or marmalade

'nuff said
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Mon, 23 May 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They don't cost much so buy them both and you will always be able to choose
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Mon, 23 May 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rolla boy has sparked a fire inside me. i regret what i said before. i will always love the crumpet and honey. it looks like i might go crumpets one month, and muffins the next. decisions, decisions
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Mon, 23 May 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

rolla boy has sparked a fire inside me. i regret what i said before. i will always love the crumpet and honey. it looks like i might go crumpets one month, and muffins the next. decisions, decisions

Here's an idea, occasionally buy both crumpets and muffins. Trust me, it won't break the bank. I am sure you visit the shops more than once a month and I am even more sure you don't buy a months supply of crumpets or muffins in one go (I could be very wrong though).

I just ate a muffin based pizza, heated in the mini oven at work. It went down a treat Very Happy

We have some fruit muffins at home, I won't eat them though as they have that horrid peel shit in them. I mean come on, I peel the skin off an orange so I don't have to eat it, not so it can be used in other food products. Rolling Eyes
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Mon, 23 May 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well nothing goes down then a nice crumpet onder the grill, with a whole heap of butter on the top and a big slab of blackcurrent jam works a treat. i might go down to the shops and get some for breakie tommorow Very Happy
Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Mon, 23 May 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate you all. I am stuck here at work without a crumpet or english muffin in sight. Now I crave toasted goodness. Melted butter. Jam. Various savoury toppings. I'll be hanging out for a crumpet or english muffin all night now. (I'm just kidding about the hate bit).

Cheers, Hodgie.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Mon, 23 May 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EASY! One week ask her for one, the next ask her for the other one, and so on.
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Mon, 23 May 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only thing better then crumpets or muffins are pancakes yummy Wink
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Mon, 23 May 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 18:32

crumpets fo shizzle!

hmmm well i wouldnt do tomato sauce
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Mon, 23 May 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muffins 1st.
Fruit muffins 2nd.
Crumpets 3rd.
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Tue, 24 May 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have to agree with ke382TG that fuit muffin are the most shameful and disgusting part of the muffin family. at this stage it looks like it will be weekly rotation. however if i was to leave home (hopefully not) it would be muffins all the way, thanks to their versatility (breakfast, lunch and dinner...)
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Tue, 24 May 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke30king wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 20:21

STR8 2.8 wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 18:32

crumpets fo shizzle!

hmmm well i wouldnt do tomato sauce

nah i'd do the tomato sauce i'd put sauce on anything, i have been known to put chilli sauce on pretty much everything i eat, including my lunch mmm sweet chillie sauce.
i'd scrap the nutella though, thats cos i'm allergic to nuts so i can't put anything on there.
Personally though nothing beat muffins or even just bread with tomato and cheese on it toasted under the griller, thats the shit.
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Tue, 24 May 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd alternate between the two, that way you get the best of both worlds. Get the old girl to lash out on a packet of each and you'll be set for morning's full of muffiny-crumpety goodness.
Muffins are great I love 'em. Crumpets are as good, especially when the butter runs down ya chin into ya beard.

Cheers, Greg.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Tue, 24 May 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stuff alternating eat em both at once, just take what you want out of the pack and freeze the rest, half half only fair way to do it.
ps what are the best curmpet round traditional ones or the bread shaped ones with the cut in the middle
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Tue, 24 May 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muffins = teh rule.

Eldar.O.
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Tue, 24 May 2005 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 17:03

ps what are the best curmpet round traditional ones or the bread shaped ones with the cut in the middle

the round ones of course Wink
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Wed, 25 May 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cumpet and Vegemite... say no more
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Wed, 25 May 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had crumpets with honey late this morning

*drool*
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Wed, 25 May 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
honey has nothing on golden syrup Very Happy
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Wed, 25 May 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crumpets are the only way to go with Vegemite or honey or golden syrup oh man I WANT ONE NOW Sad

[Updated on: Wed, 25 May 2005 04:27]

tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Wed, 25 May 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fruit muffin is the way, especially if it is covered muffin head to muffin toe with vegimite, that my muffin eatin companions is the best muffin anyone on this eatrh can have, sadly just trying to covert people to this way of muffin eating makes them sick BUT the do come back to the old fruit and vegimite muffin,

Give it a go you'll be suprised.

Tip: dont go overboard with the vegimite at first start small and work your way up.

dont mind the old cheese and bacon muffin either.

Tom
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Wed, 25 May 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm well i do prefer the taste of crumpets with vegimite but i have to agree muffins are alot more versatile.
TRU32U
Regular

June 2004

Re: The English Muffin vs The Crumpet Wed, 25 May 2005 18:33 Go to previous message
lmao its 430am in the mornin and im reading about breakkie
drools dammn im outta both i gotta settle for nobal rise bread lol
its almost like muffines i guess... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Playstation3 Hardware revealed!
Next Topic:saturday night shenanigans!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:32:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010671138763428 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.