Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
spongie brake pedal Mon, 23 May 2005 11:25 Go to next message
Ive just fitted r33 front and falcon rear disc brakes with a nissan urvan 15/16th master cyl on the std booster in my sprinter and I've blead a couple of bottles of fluid through it and it's still spongie.All calipers are up the right way and there does'nt feel to be any free play in the pedal, and no sign of fluid leakage anywere. Any ideas as to what the fuck is going on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
thanx in advance
joe
  Send a private message to this user    
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: spongie brake pedal Mon, 23 May 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a similar problem
check out the thread 'incredibly soft brake pedal' in the tech section
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
Re: spongie brake pedal Mon, 23 May 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When looking from the side the caliper sits at 9 o'clock on the skyline but I've set them up at 10 o'clock, could this be making it hard to bleed properly?Maybe I'll unbolt them and slide them round to 9 and bleed them there and then stick em back again.Mine do seem to feel better if I pump them up.
cheers joe
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: spongie brake pedal Mon, 23 May 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
air in the system. I had this problem, I bleeded all 4 wheels and had success Very Happy could be a few things. More than likely its going to be as small as that.
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: spongie brake pedal Tue, 24 May 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seems to be a few people with this problem, maybe its due to the setup of mismatched components. does it stop your car really well? if it does then it would be the characteristics of the setup, if it doesnt it could be as simple as bleeding the system to the something more complex like the brake lines ballooning from the bigger setup?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: spongie brake pedal Tue, 24 May 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you say you pump the pedal up and it gets better, perhaps its the m/c size. what size m/c do skylines have? perhaps they have a 1inch m/c and your 15/16th is too small.
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: spongie brake pedal Tue, 24 May 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've known ppl to forget (or not know) that they need to bleed the master cylinder as well as the calipers.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: spongie brake pedal Tue, 24 May 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you dont have to bleed the m/c first if you are going to bleed all the wheels on the car.
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: spongie brake pedal Tue, 24 May 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bleed it from the furthest wheel to the closest, if you didn't do this already.

Having said that, i am in exactly the same situation with my ke20 Very Happy
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: spongie brake pedal Tue, 24 May 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:19]

jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: spongie brake pedal Tue, 24 May 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine are mounted at 12 o clock :S
i bled furthest to closest, it brakes well, but the pedal feels as soft as my clutch and has no feel to it
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: spongie brake pedal Tue, 24 May 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: spongie brake pedal Tue, 24 May 2005 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to fix this problem go to a midas or similar...they bleed brake/clutch lines with vacum...which seems to work every time

Adam
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: spongie brake pedal Tue, 24 May 2005 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 21:17

you dont have to bleed the m/c first if you are going to bleed all the wheels on the car.

i had to when i did my front brake conversion. i didn't bleed the back brakes straight away but i couldn't get the front calipers bled unless i did the m/c

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2005 21:59]

M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: spongie brake pedal Wed, 25 May 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 21:17

I was under the impression that you did.
Still wouldn't hurt to bleed the m/c as air can get trapped in there and not bleed out to the wheels.
Or could be the wrong combination of parts and that is the end result.
Or it could just be the pads need to bed in before the pedal gets a nice feel to it.Does this in my car.

But if you clamp off all the lines and the pedal is rock hard then the m/c is fine.Then with your foot on the pedal get someone to relase the clamps one at a time and when the pedal goes from hard to soft then you have found your problem area.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: spongie brake pedal Wed, 25 May 2005 10:21 Go to previous message
no im pretty sure you dont have to bleed it first, although its silly not to because if you do it right and dont bump the lines when reinstalling you dont have to bleed at the wheels.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1jz water pump
Next Topic:coilover spring height
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 18:47:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065820217132568 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.