Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area Mon, 23 May 2005 04:21 Go to next message
Small Car Sunday is only a couple of weeks away, and we need to fix up the club's display for this and other upcoming events such as Toyotafest.

Details

Meet up at the Bull'n'Bush hotel Carpark in Baulkham hills at 11am. Map below.
From there we will go to an undisclosed Baulkham hills address to begin work.

We have around 10 or 12 steel rims with tyres (that need to be removed) and the same number of live rear axles which need to be painted and prepped as they are our posts which we use to rope off our display.

The idea is to recreate what was done for Small Car Sunday 2003, as seen in the picture below. Unfortunately this set was thrown out some time ago....

The tasks required are:

• Remove tyres from rims. Hopefully this can be arranged prior to the 28th.
  • Weld chain link to the top of each axle as the rope hole
  • Clean each rim and axle for repainting. THey have already been painted but not a good job....
  • Paint the axles and rims.
  • Each lunch and drink lots of Coke

Please indicate if you are able to help out, even if only for an hour or two. If you cannot make it for the 11am meet, please call me on the day, 0404 094 895 and directions will be provided.

** welder now sorted, thanks craig.

http://www.toymods.org.au/gallery/albums/Gallery/Events/20030323%20-%20Small%20Car%20Sunday/normal_%20Rod%20-%20Old%20School.jpg

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-20-1116821783.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 07:21]

Send a private message to this user    
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area Mon, 23 May 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if im around ill be there
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area Mon, 23 May 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 14:21

We also need to get our hands on a welder and someone with the ability to weld.

done
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area Mon, 23 May 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BANZAI!!!!

Welder sorted Smile Thanks Craig.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area Mon, 23 May 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there to do whatever I can to help.
Another thought,If there is a static display, that you would like to go out there for the show. but don't want to take up room on the ground it might look good straped to the back of my truck.I'll be only to glad to have it there.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area Tue, 24 May 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Ray, will keep the idea in mind depending on what we are going to have as our display.... i think we might have to use your truck for one of the Toymods banners as there aint heaps of places for these to be tied up with, unless we get an area spanning two pylons as we did last time (you can see in the pic above....)

Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area Tue, 24 May 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karl, I have a 6mtx3mt car cover with 4 detachable sides. like the one that you used at the dyno day,if this can be used to hold a banner or banners then it can be there.
Anyway I will be there next Saturday we can discuss it then.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2005 04:53]

nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area Wed, 25 May 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can bring down my rattel gun if needed.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area Fri, 27 May 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know that we need a rattle gun, but thanks for the offer Smile

Basically we need people to clean and paint.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area Fri, 27 May 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anyone can bring drills with wire brushes attached it will make tidying up the rims a lot easier. Basically anything that can be used to easily remove paint and rust from a steel surface will come in handy.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area Fri, 27 May 2005 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might come down to help and a bit of social, depends on if i can find my way there Very Happy

cheers
chris
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area Sat, 28 May 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was a good, fume inhaling day Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 28 May 2005 07:23]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Help us fix the Toymods Club display - Sat 28th May - Baulkham Hills area Sun, 29 May 2005 23:47 Go to previous message
BIG THANK YOU to everyone who helped on saturday Very Happy

We got through the tasks pretty quickly, and painted up all the rims ready to be assembled with their axles on the day.
There was also lots of coke and pizza consumed Smile

And yes, those paint fumes/overspray werent exactly the best...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:DRAG COMBAT 22/5
Next Topic:ADELAIDE TOYOSHOW
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 17:04:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063869953155518 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.