Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

icon9.gif  Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sat, 21 May 2005 17:10 Go to next message
so tonight my tailshaft decides to shear off all 4 bolts holding it to the diff and now i need 4 bolts... lol.. fucking crazy shit i tell ya! was loud when it gave way @ 80KPH

soooooooooooooooo... does anyone have 4 bolts to fit a T SERIES AE86 diff/tailshaft? and if so, can i come get them asap?

OR

am i better off just measuring up the hole diameter and go and purchase 4 nuts and 4 bolts to fit the same diameter with enough thread length to secure them on tight with some loctite red?

i would just go and get copies of the bolts that were on there, but unfortuatly they are in pieces somewhere in the eastern distributor tunnel...

arrrgh.. please help knowledgable toyota guys.... i have no other car till my ae86 is fixed up.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 May 2005 17:11]

Send a private message to this user    
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sat, 21 May 2005 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THEY WILL PROBABLE BE A GRADE 8 BOLT AND 8MM DIA NOT SURE ON LENGTH
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sat, 21 May 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just go to a selfe serve wreckers and get some more. What were you doing at the time?,I've never heard of that happening before.

cheers joe
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sat, 21 May 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

There is a message here somewhere - yes they do break and when worn undo!! Don't take a risk and use secondhand bolts or something you select from the 'Bolt' place. Go to the Toyota dealer and get the right thing - they don't cost much.

Craig
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sat, 21 May 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wreckers garthy, although i have HEAPS of nuts and bolts here if you want me to send/pick up

i think it is M8 X 25-30mm, high tensile from bunnings will do the trick, make sure the washers are in there

btw, did you see me and my mate near neautral bay going the other way? we were both in out hachis, he said he saw u going the other way Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sun, 22 May 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ddeane wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 09:35

Hi

There is a message here somewhere - yes they do break and when worn undo!! Don't take a risk and use secondhand bolts or something you select from the 'Bolt' place. Go to the Toyota dealer and get the right thing - they don't cost much.

Craig

thing is...

wtf is a part number for them?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sun, 22 May 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 09:51

wreckers garthy, although i have HEAPS of nuts and bolts here if you want me to send/pick up

i think it is M8 X 25-30mm, high tensile from bunnings will do the trick, make sure the washers are in there

btw, did you see me and my mate near neutral bay going the other way? we were both in out hachis, he said he saw u going the other way Smile

thanks des, ill look into it.
wanna hook up tueesday for a wreckers run? ive got a charade to run about in from a mate.. and in need of some random shit. lemme know on the mobile. i need your help coz i have NFI where any wreckers are lol

yeh i saw black hachi with dark tints?
i only saw one tho on facon st bridge, and that was friday not saturday...
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sun, 22 May 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is no part number for them, Toyota generally tell people to go get new ones from bolt shops.
Get four M8x1.25 25mm long bolts, with nylock nuts.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sun, 22 May 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 19:01

There is no part number for them, Toyota generally tell people to go get new ones from bolt shops.
Get four M8x1.25 25mm long bolts, with nylock nuts.

ddeane wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 09:35

Hi

Craig

NER NER YOU'RE WRONG! Laughing

ps

thanks heaps takai. u da mang!

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 11:39]

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sun, 22 May 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Almost forgot to say, they must be grade 8, or for those who get freaked out when its stamped 8.8, that is fine too. Same grade.
also, its nice to use some loctite on them even if they are nyloc nuts.
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sun, 22 May 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ask for grade 8.8 too
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sun, 22 May 2005 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what kinda places stock these? bunnings?
walu
Regular

December 2003
Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sun, 22 May 2005 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bunnings has some grade 8.8 (high tensile).

Important clarification:

grade 8.8 is metric, the imperial(ie 5/16" etc) equiv is SAE grade 5

grade 10.9 is metric, the imperial equiv is SAE grade 8

Be careful whether we are talking a requirement for SAE grade 8 or metric grade 8.8, as they are quite different.

A grade 10.9 (SAE grade8) has a tensile strength about 50% greater than a grade 8.8.

Cheers,

Walu

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 20:41]

Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Sun, 22 May 2005 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just go to any bolt shop, theres one in most areas and dirt cheap too.
Salad Fingers
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Mon, 23 May 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine has 11 stamped on the head of it.. as in, grade 11..
Presumably pretty close to 10.9?
walu
Regular

December 2003
Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Mon, 23 May 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry....while 11 is mathematically close to 10.9 - it is not a rating, probably a manufacturer mark.

A grade 8.8 should have 3 dashes pointing to the centre of the head, sorta like the Mercedes symbol (or just 8.8 on it). A grade 10.9 will have 6 dashes pointing to the centre of the head (or the number 10.9)
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Tue, 24 May 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks all. much appreciated
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Tue, 24 May 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as it turns out an easy task

REPCO sells these in 'Champion' branded packs of 4

any metric sizes u need

Smile

so the tailshaft is back on
but still a fucked diff Sad
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Tue, 24 May 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just about to say usually when you break tailshaft bolts it means the diff if knackered.
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Tue, 31 May 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Using nyloc nuts, would you still use the spring washers?
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Tailshaft bolts. What where and how much? Wed, 01 June 2005 06:34 Go to previous message
no, they wont be necessary, besides spring washers only provide minimal resistance.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SC400 Auto Kickdown
Next Topic:Blocking Wastegate on 4AGZE -> more boost??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 13:36:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064809322357178 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.