Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Removing Pinstrips Tue, 24 May 2005 07:48 Go to next message
Hey,
I've removed part of the pinstrips from my car, its a toyota celica sx..
the rest of it seems to be under the clear coat is there some way i can actually get this part off?

I keep seeing people writing about using very fine sand paper.. I'm scared it will scratch the shit out of the paint...

I was gonna mask off the area around the pinstrip and keep sanding the area of the pinstrip till it goes...
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Removing Pinstrips Tue, 24 May 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tried some White Spirits?

The strips would have been installed at the dealership, not the factory.
So unless the car has been resprayed, there should be no clear coat over them.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Removing Pinstrips Tue, 24 May 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah if they are under paint, we are looking at a repaint somewhere along the line

otherwise a rubber drill attachment thingy will work great!

otherwise might have to use some cut and polish if very close to surface, or like 1200 grit sandpaper??!!!! + a good polish but I don't know about that

edit: I hate to think about having to use sandpaper... I used a hair dryer and a broken CD to warm them and just like scrape off gently

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:05]

Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Removing Pinstrips Tue, 24 May 2005 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a mate of mine got his g/f to pull the pin strips off his car as she had long finger nails.....but i dont really know how he managed to convince her

but to get em off real easy use a heat gun as hair dryers take for ever and after 3-4 hours of constant use burn out which creates another problem ...dealin with the missus or mother Rolling Eyes

mine came off after about 20 mins with heat gun

Adam
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Removing Pinstrips Wed, 25 May 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karcher high pressure water cleaner, our pajero got egged we brought it out to clean it off and it took the pin strip clean off woops
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Removing Pinstrips Wed, 25 May 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my method takes about 10 seconds so if time matters it is teh win
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Removing Pinstrips Wed, 25 May 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heat gun is what you want we use them to take off old stickers at work also a painter told me to use a heat gun to do my pin stripes
cooter
Regular

October 2004
Re: Removing Pinstrips Wed, 25 May 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah heat up the strip with a gun and use a very sharp blade to slowly scrape it off. dont go to hard tho or youll scratch paint
cheers
craig
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Removing Pinstrips Wed, 25 May 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guys are doing it the hard way i'm telling you if you have a high pressure water cleaner use it, they are great remove it in seconds not of this fart arsing around, won't damage your paint.
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Removing Pinstrips Wed, 25 May 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHAT a gerni WILL take paint off been there done that. I've removed paint off a brand new crane thats crazy man your crazy. Shocked
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Removing Pinstrips Wed, 25 May 2005 05:29 Go to previous message
trust me it doesn't i personally watched my brother clean the egg of the car with it and it took the pin stripe clean off gave the car a great clean removed all the egg and did not damage the paint at all.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3s-gte
Next Topic:Idiot Relay Question ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 10:09:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063140392303467 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.