Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Largest Toyota oil filter Mon, 23 May 2005 12:53 Go to next message
Since the general opinion is that Toyota oil filters flow better, what is the largest capacity filter we can use in our remote filter setups?
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Mon, 23 May 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those oil filter relocation kits normaly use a Ryco Z9?
by memory the LandCruiser FJ40 - FJ80 use the Z9 (plus hilux's). Toyota might be able tell you which filter # that is. (or just sell it to ya).

the Ryco catolouge at work tells us the OEM part #, if i rememeber i'll have a looksee tomorow.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 13:45]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Tue, 24 May 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has anyone found any changes with toyota oil filters...

the other day i went to buy a filter for my 4agze aw11 and was handed a smaller filter then i normally get this one was the same size as the ryco z386, the toyota one i usually get is about an inch longer with the same diameter.

i asked if it was the right one and he said the larger one had been replaced with the smaller type... i was in a hurry so i didnt argue but have they actually superceded the larger filter with the smaller type or did he just fuck up and look for a 4afe filter casue he didnt know what a ge/gze was and then hid his pride behind lies... ?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Tue, 24 May 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The new version of the filter uses a different arrangement of the filter paper to increase the filtration capacity and reduce the size.

Pretty nifty actually.

Cut it open and you will see what the difference is

Cheers

Michael B
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Tue, 24 May 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would be super sweet if the 4AG / 3SG filter shrunk a bit in size!
The longer version you speak of is a total slut to get in and out of the GT4... there was a period where I actually did use the Z386 4AF / 3SF filter because changing the correct one was such a bitch!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Tue, 24 May 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but on the aw11 the shorter one will be a total slut to get off lol Smile
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Tue, 24 May 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It can't be as bad as having to remove the CAI for the alternator.
That is what you'll have to do to get the 3SG one off without a really good filter wrench... Most of the time I still take off the nuts for the Alt CAI even though I'm using a good filter wrench.
Damned Japanese and their small hands!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Tue, 24 May 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 16:05

It would be super sweet if the 4AG / 3SG filter shrunk a bit in size!
The longer version you speak of is a total slut to get in and out of the GT4... there was a period where I actually did use the Z386 4AF / 3SF filter because changing the correct one was such a bitch!

Yep the new 3S one is smaller! I have one here if you want me to measure it for ya?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Tue, 24 May 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you get my sms with the toyota # of the Z9?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Tue, 24 May 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I did thanks. I'll have to ring them up and see if they have that number on the system. They have just recently just all the oil filter part numbers Confused
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Tue, 24 May 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the issue is you need to get it from underneath. its in the same spot at the 3s do stuck between the alternator and the exhaust.. just a real bitch to get to .. since i can only *just* grab the top of the large filter i wont be able to get to the smaller one Sad
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Tue, 24 May 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Use K&N type! they are the same size but with a bolt at the end which is reeally handy!!!! they reckon its the best flowing filter but....whatever... I use it and though I HAVE noticed diference...not sure whether it was oil or filter change...coz i changed both at same time! as in...I changed oil grade and from Toyota oem filter to K&N. they're roughly the same price toyota ($18) K&N ($20)

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:12]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Tue, 24 May 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You people that are having trouble getting to your filters, why dont you fit a remote filter kit?
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Tue, 24 May 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a remote filter kit with a mount on it the same size as the OEM 4a filter, but it's got a freaking massive ryco one on it. I would prefer to use a toyota one. Can anyone cross reference it?
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/CleanBay/Filter.jpg
...Or is there a large toyota filter with that size neck?

I'll find the ryco part number tomorrow when there is some light.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Tue, 24 May 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 11:31

has anyone found any changes with toyota oil filters...

the other day i went to buy a filter for my 4agze aw11 and was handed a smaller filter then i normally get this one was the same size as the ryco z386, the toyota one i usually get is about an inch longer with the same diameter.

i asked if it was the right one and he said the larger one had been replaced with the smaller type... i was in a hurry so i didnt argue but have they actually superceded the larger filter with the smaller type or did he just fuck up and look for a 4afe filter casue he didnt know what a ge/gze was and then hid his pride behind lies... ?

They have been super-seeded to another country of manufacture, but they still have both sizes available...

And a few weeks ago, I found the smallest oil filter ever... Fitted to Daihatsu Copens... They are the usual 2.5" Diameter and only about 1" long Shocked Shocked Shocked ...
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Largest Toyota oil filter Wed, 25 May 2005 09:06 Go to previous message
Look at the FRAM brand filters (Repco sell them).
They tend to be smaller than the Ryco's and are meant to do a better job.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Attention
Next Topic:what webber is this? please some1?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 19:01:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005558967590332 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.