Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
icon5.gif  4age erratic idle problems Sat, 21 May 2005 06:57 Go to next message
Hi

Just recently my car blew a head gasket as i have started to run nitrous on my 4age...

i had the head checked and decked with a few thou taken off it to up the comp and then put everything back together

this is where my troubles started...when i turn the car on the dizzy seems like it doesent want to let me put the timing on the timing marks...every time i move it one tooth its either too far one way or the other...and i know im only mooving one tooth..

whenever the car is started and I rotate tha dizzy to move the mark to about the 16 deg area where it actually seems to run OK as soon as it warms up the idle speed fluctuates up and down and the car misses pops and farts...but when i drive it it drives great just almost stalls at idle...

i have checked for vacum leaks and over the entire motor and cant find what the deal is...

I checked the engine code and it gives me 10 flashes followed by 11 and 11 keeps flashing for ever...so im stumped...i hope one of u can help me as its starting to drive me nuts...

cheers

Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 4age erratic idle problems Sat, 21 May 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe the TPS was knocked loose or plug came out

do diagnostic/timing again

that fixed my problem Wink
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: 4age erratic idle problems Sat, 21 May 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha cheers mate...love the helpfull advice... Wink just did it then after posting...blinked 6 times once then 7 for like 10 times...

just checked dizzy again...tps, all plugs i pulled off and nothing....damn electrical gremlins sometimes just need to call in the exterminators cos i think im buggered...

cheers anyways though slaver

Adam
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 4age erratic idle problems Sat, 21 May 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha this bring back memories... Witzl had exactly the same problem.
He sat their for about 2 hours abusing the dizzy because he knew he was only moving the thing one tooth away.
Turned out the dizzy was f'cked... it looked like it had been modified at some stage.
New dizzy and it was sorted.
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: 4age erratic idle problems Sun, 22 May 2005 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm....i dont see how that would be the problem but u neva know....i got a spare dizzy kicking about so ill give it a shot tommorow but it still doesent explain the idle flactuating....or maybe it does....

oh and is the 100kw ae93 dizzy same as the jdm bigport 98kw one?

any1 else have an opinion?

thanx

Adam

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 15:34]

towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 4age erratic idle problems Tue, 24 May 2005 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the exhaust cam lined up for TDC ?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: 4age erratic idle problems Tue, 24 May 2005 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 01:11

hmm....i dont see how that would be the problem but u neva know....i got a spare dizzy kicking about so ill give it a shot tommorow but it still doesent explain the idle flactuating....or maybe it does....

oh and is the 100kw ae93 dizzy same as the jdm bigport 98kw one?

any1 else have an opinion?

thanx

Adam

dizzy not the same.
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: 4age erratic idle problems Tue, 24 May 2005 19:37 Go to previous message
problem fixed...no idea what it was....but as soon as it was fixed i went for a test drive..and..snapped cam belt Rolling Eyes

back to workshop me thinks...damn cars and problems

Adam
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age bigport fabricated shortened intake manifold
Next Topic:2TGEU compression ratio?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 12:38:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053169727325439 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.