Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
REDLEM1
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Insurance Question Tue, 24 May 2005 13:39 Go to next message
I had a small accident in my daily driver 94 corolla yesterday. There is only like a small stratch on my front bumper but the other car i hit has a bill of $1000 as the bracket and strongest part of my bumper hit the other car at an angle so the bracket pushed in the side of the other cars back bumper.

I have full comp and excess of $400 so i am paying the excess.

I want to know if i put through the claim from the person i hit but dont get anything fixed on my car will the insurance company still want to see my car for any reason? I wont waste time getting what can be fixed with some touchup paint on my bumper fixed. I have also put some second hand alloys and sports steering wheel on the car and not added it to the policy so they may have a winge about that.

So will the insurance company still want to see my car even tho i aint claiming repair work on my car as i am paying the $400 excess anyway?
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Insurance Question Tue, 24 May 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
usually from experience with nrma they dont usually inspect the car for minor stuff as the pannel beaters take photos and send them to the nrma. However you should allways tell your insurer about all you mods if it were mw i would rather pay 1000 buks as its then not noted on your insurance record if you just pay the pannel beater for the repairs it help when you ring up for insurance quotes on a turbo/sports car later on spending a little more will save you alot in the future
REDLEM1
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Insurance Question Wed, 25 May 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info. Do you think they will think its weird I dont want to fix my car? Coz i cant be stuffed changing the few things back to bog stock. What if i took the front bumper off and took it to get repaired. Would the esser care that just the front bar is at the panel beater not the whole car? as a mate has a spare one that i can borrow for the time being even though its a different colour and is faded to shit.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Insurance Question Wed, 25 May 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt they will care about the alloys and steering wheel... they just won't cover them if they're knocked off.

They may also use them against you if they think they can blame the unlisted modifications for the accident.

For a $1000 accident it might not be worth claiming... $400 excess... 10% no claim penalty... listed as claiming due to an at fault accident.
If you're not on your full no claim bonus it probably isn't worth it.
Do the math for yourself and see what you come up with.
REDLEM1
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Insurance Question Wed, 25 May 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The accident was at around 5km while coming off the clutch when the lights went green and not realising the car infront of me moved and then stopped because the car infront of them stopped!! Mad

Since there no actual scructural damage to the car only the front wont they only care about looking at the front bumper?
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Insurance Question Wed, 25 May 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know if they will want to look at it, but if they do, I'd be careful. My mate's Laser got hit a few months ago, and NRMA ordered the panel beater to stop work because they found it had 15" alloys (only 14" specified on the policy). Accident wasn't his fault, but it still took a big s**tfight to get them to pay for the repairs.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Insurance Question Wed, 25 May 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldn't bother claiming its not worth it for the long run record etc as said above, just pay the guys repairs and do whatever with your car, by the time you pay 400 bucks excess then have a hike in premiums it will work at the same anyway and this way there is a lot less hassles.
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: Insurance Question Wed, 25 May 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id get it back to stock just for peace of mind

insurance companies are assholes mate and do anything to get out of paying
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Insurance Question Wed, 25 May 2005 08:42 Go to previous message
REDLEM1 wrote on Wed, 25 May 2005 10:46

The accident was at around 5km while coming off the clutch when the lights went green and not realising the car infront of me moved and then stopped because the car infront of them stopped!! Mad

Since there no actual scructural damage to the car only the front wont they only care about looking at the front bumper?

doesnt seem worth it ey ? .. i would be tempted to reverse and then ram the caar again for good measure and do more damage.. that way i will feel better paying the excess
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cheap window tinters in sydney ?
Next Topic:[MELB] Car trailer - Score $$$ and maybe a new set of tyres
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:06:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091061592102051 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.