Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 01:39 Go to next message

Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems?[ 56 vote(s) ]
1.Chips 20 / 36%
2.Wedges 24 / 43%
3.Potato Gems 12 / 21%

Australia Decides!

Inspired by the muffins vs crumpets thread, I've pitted the three heavyweights of the potato side-dish / fast food world. What is your preference?

Discuss.

Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i voted wedges, but you forgot, smileys, hash browns etc etc.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn I love potato gems, something about em, like potato popcorn....
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted chips, but of the humble chip I find a well made beer-battered chip to reign supreme Wink Sooo good.

Potato gems, smileys and other highly processed crap just doesn't do it for me. Although I am partial to a Hash Brown.

Wedges are awesome too, but I find the potato:skin ratio often way too wrong. I am a fan of the flavoursome skin and a nice amount of inner potato. Too much inner potato is bad i.e. those big F$$KER wedges you sometimes get in a serving are bad. Mid size wedges with a flavoursome coating served with sweet chilli csauce and sour cream are good.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Wed, 25 May 2005 12:00

Potato gems, smileys and other highly processed crap just doesn't do it for me. Although I am partial to a Hash Brown.

That's why i didn't include smileys et cetera. Theyre just offshoots from the classics. Plus hash browns arent exactly small chip-like pieces that are used as a side dish... and potato gems are basically tiny little hash browns anyway! Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went for potato gems - they're bite sized hash browns... everything you could want! but of course, wedges with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce are a great side dish as well. chips are too varied in quality to put them in 1 group. I've had great chips (kfc do them pretty well), and I've had terrible chips (burger king ones come to mind - the only chip that makes me want to hurl when I have a hangover)
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea go the wedges, esp with sour cream and sweet chilli u can't go wrong, thin chips or french fries are shit, but the phat chips with gravy are good. and Potato gems, well i don't eat them
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chips are common. Wedges are like the posh chip. Gems mmmmm gems i'm drooling. I'm stuck in a little town in the N.T no take away stores all I eat is healthy food never thought i would get a craving for junk food.
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wedges, sour cream, sweet chilli sauce.... could even mix it up with some nacho's, cheese, guacamole....
brendanteck
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But I like all of them Rolling Eyes
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agree, like them all. But getting consistancy is like finding a 16yo virgin an campbelltown maternity ward.

Chips good if cooked in fresh oil or whatever, personally I think dripping/lard does best. Screw the cholesterol.

Wedges, if the skin/mash ratio is right and is crisp

Gems, can be done wrong, soft or burnt.

but all do suffer if left wrapped for extended periods of time and get steamed.
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Home Cooked Chips!!
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant beat wedges with sour cream and chilli sauce! fuk im hungry
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I love those big, soft greasy chips you get at the local fish & chip store. A bit of salt and smothered in vinegar. I'm hungry too now.

seeyuzz
river
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guys made me go out and get fish n chips and calamari rings, and now I feel sick. I figured for $5 I'd get a small amount, but I got 4 huge pieces of fish and 5 calamari rings, plus chips.
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i voted old skool
CHIPS!!!! Very Happy
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont make me choose Crying or Very Sad
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CHIPPIES with gravy but forget the fork i'm not civilized any more Wink
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Wed, 25 May 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i never understood chips and gravy...just doesnt go for me
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Thu, 26 May 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you tried it? It's pretty nice Smile

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Thu, 26 May 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love chips and wedges, but personally potato gems are nice but not in the same class. Chips are a hit and miss affair some places sell great ones while others are shockers, good chips are great.
Wedges as said nice seasoning and sour cream and chilli sauce are great to. But just remembered another you forgot how can you go past the great battered potato scallop great on sandwiches or when you need a liberal does of fat. Once again good ones are great but some are rather dodgy.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Thu, 26 May 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 25 May 2005 22:24

you guys made me go out and get fish n chips and calamari rings, and now I feel sick. I figured for $5 I'd get a small amount, but I got 4 huge pieces of fish and 5 calamari rings, plus chips.

soft Laughing
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Thu, 26 May 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuckin wedges mate, sour cream n chilli sauce *drool*
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Thu, 26 May 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wedges, chips for yuppies Laughing

i voted wedges Embarassed
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Chips, Wedges or Potato Gems? Thu, 26 May 2005 11:09 Go to previous message
wedges are like the classy version of chips
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:can you do THIS in mspaint?
Next Topic:stupid question .. personal loan!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:49:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068268775939941 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.