Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes » AE86 quaife quick steering rack

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
AE86 quaife quick steering rack Mon, 23 May 2005 14:25 Go to next message
I am thinking of selling my quaife quick steering rack. It is only the bare rack and pinion, not the whole steering assembly. It is used to make your steering ratio really quick, just incase you didn't know Smile It is still new, never been used. I believe it will fit any AE86 or KE70 steering rack. These are made in England and can be hard to get hold of.

I know this is a good thing, but will sell if I need to Crying or Very Sad

Post your EOI in this thread.
  Send a private message to this user    
rxbenny
Regular

November 2004
Re: AE86 quaife quick steering rack Mon, 23 May 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi when did you buy this rack as there were some that were manufactured incorectly and they bind on one side ... if forget which side though

Cheers

Ben
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 quaife quick steering rack Mon, 23 May 2005 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't say when it was made. But it has been sitting around for a while, maybe a year?

I am in two minds about selling this. I am trying to imagine my AE86 with quick rack, PLUS powersteering arms. = very quick steering I would think. The powersteering arms alone make the steering quicker, but my parents didn't complain.
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: AE86 quaife quick steering rack Mon, 23 May 2005 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much do these usually go for?

Confused
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 quaife quick steering rack Mon, 23 May 2005 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
close to 400
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 quaife quick steering rack Tue, 24 May 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I have changed my mind. I think I will just make my own Sprinter (Levin) steer like a go-kart. Sorry.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AE86 quaife quick steering rack Tue, 24 May 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnny,

If you do decide to offload it please let me know and we can discuss a reasonable price. I'll be at the Tas drift comp coming up so we could chat then.

Hen
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 quaife quick steering rack Wed, 25 May 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make sure its not one of the ones which binds up on the passenger side.
If its been around for a year or so, its probably one which binds up.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: AE86 quaife quick steering rack Wed, 25 May 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i sold one of the "the ones that bind up on the left side" racks, sold it to a track racer, told him about the problem...whadd'ya know...absolutely NO problems!! Very Happy
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 quaife quick steering rack Wed, 25 May 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pity that the splines on the teeth will break under continious binding.
Oh yeah, the other thing is that all the steering angles will be out.
Neutral
emmac
Regular

March 2004
Re: AE86 quaife quick steering rack Wed, 25 May 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai wrote Oh yeah, the other thing is that all the steering angles will be out.

Why & how will a replacement rack & pinion, with only different gearing to the original equipment fitment,when fitted to the original steering rack housing cause ALL the steering angles to be out.

emmac
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: AE86 quaife quick steering rack Thu, 26 May 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting...i was told of the problem when i bought it and was told it could be replaced for free...

they havent had one return as of 3 weeks ago from ANYONE, so only time will tell
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 quaife quick steering rack Thu, 26 May 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Given that its binding up almost 20mm from where full lock is supposed to be on a RH turn, but doesnt bind up at all on a LH turn, i would say there would be something seriously wrong with your steering angles at full lock Neutral. Including around 22* more angle on a LH turn than a RH turn.
emmac
Regular

March 2004
Re: AE86 quaife quick steering rack Thu, 26 May 2005 13:07 Go to previous message
I believe you said that all the steering angles would be out , not the amount of available lock to one side. Big difference between actual steering angles themselves during turning from lock to lock & what angle, from straight ahead, the road wheel ends up facing at static full lock. You just haven't turned the steering far enough to get to full lock on the R.H. side by 20mm. But this is not affecting all the steering angles along the way from lock to lock.
emmac
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS/Swap 17inch VAULT KRYSTALZ cheap! + Pics
Next Topic:Tyres - Bridgestone Turanza's 195/55 x 16
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 1 13:32:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054659843444824 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.