Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Sat, 21 May 2005 11:38 Go to next message
Hey all, finally got myself a 1JZ cressida, bought Marty's (Speakafreaka) old one off him. Needs a bit of work but hopefully I should be able to restore it back to its former glory Smile
Here's some pics, I'll get creative with the camera when I've given it a good wash and wax, and sourced a replacement bonnet and grille for it (any help appreciated)

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_side.jpg
http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_rearquarter.jpg

When running properly it should put out roughly 170-180kW at the wheels. Twin dump pipes coming soon. Finally a Toyota man! Just need to find a buyer for the MX6 now.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 03:45]

Send a private message to this user    
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Sat, 21 May 2005 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow. be good to see some more pictures of my old beast. hows it going these days?
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Sat, 21 May 2005 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nowhere near as good as it should be lol

The conversion is very neat (I salute you Smile ), and the engine blows no smoke or anything, but it just isn't putting out the power it should. I took it to the dyno straight after getting it home, and it only put down 114kW. Sounded almost like a fuel or boost cut, but it's only running stock boost etc. Should be around 170-180kW ATW.

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/dyno_bad.jpg

Dyno sheet for when it was running properly:

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/dyno_good.jpg

I plan to buy some twin dump pipes for it in the next few days (probably Tubby's old ones), and get JT mechanical or Turbotechnics up here to sort it all out, do blueslip etc etc. It's been unregistered and sitting around in his driveway for months, maybe a year now, so who knows what could have gone bad. Could even be just the fuel that is in it, I'll attempt to change all the fluids & plugs etc today. Might start a thread if I have no joy.
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Sun, 22 May 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car
did u do the conversion urself
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Sun, 22 May 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah Scrote did it, it used to be his car. It's a great conversion! Just gotta sort out the power issues. Changed the oil, plugs, and coolant today to no effect. Trany fluid is low so I'll get that flushed and changed this week, and sort out rego.
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Wed, 25 May 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go down to JT's, Jamie will sort it out, we both saw your car run on saturday and pretty much know what is wrong with it. Standard stuff for 1j's.

The swap to twin pipes is a big stuff around, count on a couple of hours labour min.

Matt
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Wed, 25 May 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marty is dropping up a new MAP sensor for it soon, hopefully this Friday.
How much do JT's charge per hour? That is where I was looking at taking it.
Once Tubby gives me a price for the twin dumps I'll grab them if they are still available and take it down to JT's. Do they have a dyno there?

Is the MAP sensor hard to replace? O2's might be getting a bit tired too, what do they usually go for? I'll get them done at the same time as the twin dumps if they are bad.
Maybe JT's can sort that O/D light flashing thing too (other than yanking the bulb)

I'll do a search for threads on how to pull the codes for the O2's Smile
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Wed, 25 May 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
O2 sensors are over rated and not the source of your trouble.
Most of our 1js run without them - and run better too.

Map sensor is unlikely to be the problem either . Think about coil packs and spark breaking down, if it were the map sensor it wouldnt idle.

If you need to ask about the hourly rate then ask your self if you are either experienced enough or affluent enough to own a car with decent power!! nothing is cheap, but Jamie is reasonable.

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Wed, 25 May 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so hot man! awesome stuff

comes with a toymods sticker too! woohoo! Smile
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Wed, 25 May 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well when you first turn the car on it idles at around 1500, but after a few minutes it settles down to around 700-800 RPM.

O2's and map sensor will help with fuel usage though right? 7km/L on the freeway is a bit low I reckon.

I'm not super affluent or anything, once it has these minor problems sorted out I hope it stays fixed for a while lol

I've changed the plugs, so you reckon it might be coil packs? I've given them a good clean, they were pretty grotty before around the rubbers, didn't seem to make much difference though. I'm sure you guys will figure it all out when I bring it in though. Might get you to fit an oil catch can while it is in there too. Is a transmission cooler recommended too?

Thanks Rob! Might get it tinted once the other issues are sorted out, hopefully tax return will cover all these expenses lol!

Still trying to find a bonnet & grille Sad
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Wed, 25 May 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what grille are you after?
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Wed, 25 May 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
despite what common sense would tell you, the 02 sensors dont really help with fuel economy on a boosted 1j, dunno why , just happens that way on more than a few cars.

even when healthy my jza70 manual only returned about 12l/100km.

coil packs can fail and appear like new from the outside.

Jamie will find the problem. They all seem to fail the same ways.

Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Wed, 25 May 2005 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
12L/100km is not too bad for a car this heavy, is that town driving?
I'll forget the O2's then and let Jamie figure it all out Smile Do you work with him? If so, how booked out are you?
Spark plugs are new, NGK BKR6E-11. Hopefully it is something simple like the coil packs.

Jack I'm after a regular Cressida MX83 grille. I have 2 sets of chaser headlights and grilles here but they don't fit. Grille shouldn't be too hard to source, the bonnet is the main difficulty. I have found a red one but I'd rather find one the same colour as the car before looking into respraying a red one to grey.
Do you have a spare grille there? If it is in good nick I'll take it off your hands Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 25 May 2005 21:37]

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Thu, 26 May 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No I dont work there, just a friend and fellow 1j enthusiast.

12l/100km was gentle highway driving too, i used to get about 500 k's from the 70 L tank. and about 360 km of moderate city driving.

Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Thu, 26 May 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouchies, I knew fuel economy would be bad, but not that bad lol
How much did your supra weigh? Was it manual or auto?

Should go LPG, boot is big enough Wink

Just spending around a grand on sorting out the power steering (reconditioning the pump and rack), changing out the auto fluid, raising the car 30mm etc to pass rego, should hit the roads legally on Friday afternoon if all goes to plan. So much for the trip to Canada Sad

Sourced a bonnet in the right colour for $225 shipped, so that should be arriving on Monday, should be back to its former glory soon!
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Thu, 26 May 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a standard mx83 glx grille if your interested
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Thu, 26 May 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might be getting a grille from the same place that is selling me the bonnet, but if not then I'll take it off your hands Smile
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Thu, 26 May 2005 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what happend to the bonnet out of curiosity
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Thu, 26 May 2005 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The latch failed at 110kph while the car belonged to Marty apparently, and peeled back like a banana!

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/bonnet.jpg
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Thu, 26 May 2005 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Video of the bad dyno run, and sound-only clip for those who can't play quicktime:

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida/cressida_dyno.m ov

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida/cressida_dynoso und.mp3

I'll see if it is still misbehaving when I (hopefully) get it back from the power steering place and rego'd this afternoon. Then I'll check my finances and book it in at JT's in the next few weeks.

(oops, fixed links)

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 12:31]

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Thu, 26 May 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribfeast wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 22:17

I might be getting a grille from the same place that is selling me the bonnet, but if not then I'll take it off your hands Smile

no worries
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Thu, 26 May 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK they can't do the grille, just let me know how much you want for yours Smile
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Fri, 27 May 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make an offer

i'll probly be coming to newcastle late june if your not in a hurry
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Fri, 27 May 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent Smile
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 27 May 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Argh more dramas Sad
Power steering rack and pump are beyond repair ($1000+), Shane's hooked me up with some people that should be able to sort that out a bit cheaper, but looks like I won't be driving it this weekend Sad
Just gotta source a 1JZ power steering pump now, the rack off a regular cressida should be able to replace the chaser steering I'd say.
*Update* Found a pump, being shipped Monday from JMS Adelaide.
Shane also says I have the wrong spark plugs, BRK6E-11 are the wrong ones apparently, so fixing the power issues might be as simple as replacing them with the right type Very Happy
Thanks Shane!

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 07:08]

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 27 May 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so your running BKR6E not BRK6E?

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 08:04]

Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 27 May 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops, mistyped...just checked my receipt, running BKR6E-11. I haven't given the car a good run since I fitted them, but they are the same as what was in it before. The old ones were a bit dirty but probably not enough to cause the issues above. Once I get the car back mid next week I'll see if the power problem has been resolved.

DId you check out the video or MP3 I put up?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 27 May 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the links dont work Sad
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 27 May 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fixed Smile
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 27 May 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
weird still no good, even going back a level and trying to save it.

email it to evilra28@gmail.com Wink
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 27 May 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bit hard to tell whats going on, is the safc tuned?
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 27 May 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it was tuned on a warm day according to Marty. Might need a retune or something, wierd!
What plugs do you guys recommend for these cars, do I have the right ones?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Sat, 28 May 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im running BKR6E's

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=1616&rid=1334&S=408fd364e8de5b67c1c4a760 5730e54c&pl_view=&start=0

[Updated on: Sat, 28 May 2005 00:40]

Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Sat, 28 May 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good link - thanks! Might just be a case of regapping my plugs Smile
TUB-11Y
Regular

February 2003

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Sun, 29 May 2005 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to save getting the BKR6E-11 and making the gap smaller, you can buy BKR6E-8 and you shouldnt have to regap them at all, worked for me Wink
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Mon, 30 May 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet az, might do that next time I get a set Smile These ones are brand new so might as well regap them this time.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Tue, 07 June 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK the new bonnet is on (wrong colour but I might keep it - opinions?), grille is on (but held in by blu-tac till I find a way to attach it), car is rego'd, had to be raised slightly to pass rego.
Spent the last weekend washing it, waxing it, respraying the brake calipers black, washing the insides of the rims while they were off, running wires down the sides of the car under the carpet, reconnecting the heater pipe on the drivers side, hooking up the amp and sub etc, been pretty busy!

Here's the latest pics I took yesterday:

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_park_front.jpg
http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_rear.jpg
http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_park.jpg
http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_sideclose.jpg

Tints are next on the list, then I'll start saving my $ and get stuck into sorting out the power issues. Might be as simple as a getting a FCD, we'll see. Out of $ for now.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Tue, 07 June 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love the plates, and the bonnet Very Happy
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Tue, 07 June 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate Smile Can't wait to get it to the motorkhana this Saturday!
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Tue, 07 June 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love the plates Cool

i just had mine tinted

35% on the sides and 20% on the rear with lifetime warranty

$250 and came onsite

can give you details if your interested

http://insertdomainnamehere.com/gallery/albums/JZX83/tint_005.sized.jpg

Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Tue, 07 June 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice color! Your 35% looks as dark as my Mazda's 15%! Dunno if your guy would come all the way to Newcastle, I have some local mates who can do it for me cheap here, but otherwise I might check out your contact Smile
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Thu, 09 June 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grande LSD arrived today Wink Along with 90's style front grille and rear boot lock badge.

LSD as received from BBT:
http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/lsd1.jpg
Gave it some treatment with a wire brush and some sandpaper, then sprayed some primer onto it.
http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/lsd2.jpg
Sprayed some black paint onto it. Should last a bit longer now and look less shabby.
http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/lsd3.jpg
Might need new oil in it, anyone know what sort it takes and how much? Any filters etc that need to be changed with it? Thanks Smile

I'll have it fitted next week or tomorrow if they can fit me in.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Wed, 15 June 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LSD is now in, car handles slightly better but haven't pushed it much due to wet roads. It makes a grinding noise even with new LSD oil so I might exchange it under warranty. Annoying faint clicking noise that is speed dependent can now be heard thru the speakers when listening to the radio (CD is fine), will have to pull the dash off and check that out when I get time.

I've rewired & bridged the amplifier and secured the subwoofer somewhat, sounds a stack better Smile

Fitted a CD holder last night into that ugly hole that was in the dash Smile

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_cd_holder.jpg

$80 from JB Hifi, not bad Very Happy

Spark plugs have been regapped to 0.6mm. Tried another map sensor but no change (probably because the spare sensor was a Supra one). Pulls a bit harder with the regapped plugs, I'll stick it on the dyno when I can afford it. Might rip out the SAFC soon (or just leave it for tacho duties), and see what that does for fuel economy etc. O2 sensors tested fine so it is one of the few things left to eliminate.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Thu, 16 June 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribfeast wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 16:45

LSD is now in, car handles slightly better but haven't pushed it much due to wet roads. It makes a grinding noise even with new LSD oil so I might exchange it under warranty. Annoying faint clicking noise that is speed dependent can now be heard thru the speakers when listening to the radio (CD is fine), will have to pull the dash off and check that out when I get time.

I've rewired & bridged the amplifier and secured the subwoofer somewhat, sounds a stack better Smile

Fitted a CD holder last night into that ugly hole that was in the dash Smile

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_cd_holder.jpg

$80 from JB Hifi, not bad Very Happy

Spark plugs have been regapped to 0.6mm. Tried another map sensor but no change (probably because the spare sensor was a Supra one). Pulls a bit harder with the regapped plugs, I'll stick it on the dyno when I can afford it. Might rip out the SAFC soon (or just leave it for tacho duties), and see what that does for fuel economy etc. O2 sensors tested fine so it is one of the few things left to eliminate.

holy hell, alot of progress, damm were does time fly, same head unit as mine.

Still no word on the power thieves.

Cheers

Steve
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 17 June 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I met up with a mate who also has a 1JZ Cressida with pretty much the same mods, and our cars pull roughly the same, he says the sound that it made on the dyno is quite likely from the transmission when it isn't in power mode, something to do with protecting itself. Whatever the case I think the power problem went away after regapping the plugs and running a few tanks of fuel thru it Smile

I have a mate who is a tuner and he'll check out the SAFC to see if he can sort out the 20L per 100km fuel economy problem, and if he can't fix it then I'll yank the SAFC inputs and just keep it as a tacho till the Sixworks tacho converter goes in.

Still gotta sort out the diff grinding and whining, no hurry though.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Wed, 22 June 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now with added tintage!

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_tinted.jpg

Should have washed it first and taken the pic earlier in the day, but looks a lot better than it did before, new grille suits it too Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Wed, 22 June 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking good mate. Good luck with fixing the problems.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Thu, 23 June 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's the 'thermostat' we changed out last night:

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_thermostat.jpg

Notice what is missing in the old one in the foreground Dunno why the centre of it was removed! Did you know anything about this Scrote? Will see if my fuel economy improves over the next few weeks. Bought some hoses and joiners for fitting the charcoal canister this weekend too.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 24 June 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think your fuel economy will definitely improve, your power too.

Because JZ's run so warm yours was probably stuck in cold start fuel inrichment mode.

The centre was removed becuase it was probably corroded shut and it's cheaper to cut the centre out than buy a new one. DODGY!!
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Sat, 25 June 2005 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah thats news to me. seems a bit dodgy thou
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Sun, 26 June 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah well maybe Marty did it, who knows...all fixed now though Smile I'll see how the fuel economy goes.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Mon, 04 July 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fresh pics from a different location:

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_beach1.jpg

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_beach2.jpg

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_beach3.jpg

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_beach4.jpg

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_beach5.jpg

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_beach6.jpg

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_beach7.jpg

Picked up an AFR gauge yesterday and put that in (unsuccessfully - will fix)
Fitted a 2ndhand oil catch can from EvilJack, and I changed my alarm light for a blue one lol

SAFC is now disconnected and I'll see how the economy goes, seems to have improved by about 1-2km per litre though I reckon.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Mon, 04 July 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that Bar Beach?
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Mon, 04 July 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep Bar Beach. I also like to take photos of the beast in King Edward Park. Need some new locations, I'm aiming to do some pics around sunset sometime, once the sun starts to set a bit later so I can shoot it after work.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Wed, 13 July 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Started prettying up my engine bay a bit...

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_engine_black.jpg

I sprayed the spark plug cover gloss black on the weekend, and sanded/polished the cam cover and piping slightly, just dunno where to go from here.

My main idea is the spray the cam cover chrome, then re-stencil the 2500 Twin Turbo letters onto it in red or some other color.

Any tips appreciated Smile

Fixed the AFR gauge, fitted the oil filter relocation kit, just gotta wire in the tacho booster now.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Sun, 17 July 2005 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK finally got around to spraying and stencilling the engine Smile

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_engine_repainted.jpg

Kinda botched the stencilling, I'll have another go later on in the week, next time I'll make a stencil out of cardboard not paper Wink
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Mon, 18 July 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks great, much improvment IMHO

just spray the 2500 twin turbo and get the decals that are on ebay Wink
ae82andy
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Mon, 18 July 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice Cressy, grampa, lol
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Mon, 18 July 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like how you have done the stencilling in italics... It looks more aggressive.

Good job!
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Mon, 18 July 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Thanks guys Smile

Which decals are you referring to EvilJack?
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Heres mine & my fiances Rolla hatch & others
Next Topic:Ed's MA-61 Supra
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 21:20:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010171175003052 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.