Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Wed, 25 May 2005 13:37 Go to next message

Battered or Crumbed[ 39 vote(s) ]
1.Battered 21 / 54%
2.Crumbed 14 / 36%
3.Grilled 4 / 10%

well, i just had fish and chips for dinner, so, whats best,

beer battered is included under the "battered" headline

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Wed, 25 May 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It depends which mood I'm in, but nearly always battered or crumbed. On a par, both taste good Razz
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Wed, 25 May 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm beer battered
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Wed, 25 May 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftae86 wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 01:15

mmm beer battered

At the restaurant where i work one of the main courses is whole fish in beer batter sitting on fresh garden veg with a side of chips Razz
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Wed, 25 May 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man this thread and the chips/wedges/gems one is making me damn hungry Very Happy

but yeah, beer batter/normal batter winners no competition Razz

(in my opinion)
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Wed, 25 May 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

If I'm getting it from the fish & chip shop I'll take battered fish.

If I'm going to a nice restuarant or cooking at home I'll do a simple grilled fish.

I'm not into crumbed things. I think it's from an early childhood trauma when I was a wee lad and started eating a box of breadcrumbs 'cos I thought it was cereal and nearly choked to death.

For those that like beer batter, here is the recipe....

2 large cups of plain flour
1 can of beer
1 teaspoon of salt
2 egg whites, lightly beaten

Put the flour in a large bowl and add the beer slowly. Add salt and mix to a smooth thin batter and then add the egg whites. The batter has to be well mixed and kept thin, yet retain some body.

Coat your fish (or prawns) in the beer batter and fry in fresh clean oil. Remove when it's a nice golden brown colour.

Now, if you're into a lush, simple grilled fish, here's the go...

Place the fish in a shallow pan with a little water and butter. For a whole fish make two shallow cuts along each side. Brush the fish with melted butter (and if you desire, a squeeze of lemon juice) and pop it under a hot grille and reduce the heat slightly (you don't want it to dry out). Cooking time depends upon the thickness of the fillet - 5-7 mins per side for a fillet and 10/15 mins per side for a whole fish. When done, put the fish on a very hot serving plate, with hot butter poured over it. You can add a squeeze of lemon juice, some parsley or your favourite sauce.

If you want, I can also give you a magnificent recipe for Thai Green Curry Prawns, which is the absolute ducks nuts.

Anyway, that's enough from Old Man Rivers Cooking Emporium Smile

seeyuzz
river
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Wed, 25 May 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grilled fish when i'm on a health kick crumbed or battered are on par.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Thu, 26 May 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Something i heard on tv
Battered women........................... Sounds nice but is still wrong.
it's alot funnyer when you see somebody say it
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Thu, 26 May 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:Mookie

Something i heard on tv

Rolling Eyes Tasmania must be a special place.

Anyways, I usually go with battered or grilled depending on where I get it from. At home I usually cook fish on a BBQ grill thing.

Might try Rivers' beer batter recipe next time, sounds damn tasty.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 May 2005 04:53]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Thu, 26 May 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 14:53

Quote:Mookie

Something i heard on tv

Rolling Eyes Tasmania must be a special place.

No its just mookie,
Crumbed with lemon juice. with wedges, sweet chilli and sour cream
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Thu, 26 May 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i buy fish battered, when i cook fish sometimes battered or just shaked in the pre made coating mix shit.
That or if i am cooking for the family and we have whole fish. Make up a tomato sweet chillie butter lemon juice and herb sauce, spread liberally around and in the fish rap in alfoil and throw in the oven for an hour comes out great
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Thu, 26 May 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When buying takeaway definately battered. When I cook it at home I put the fish on a layer of foil put some butter and herbs and a sprinkling of white wine over it, wrap it up in the foil and bake it in the oven.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Fri, 27 May 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I cook my catch of fish I usually dip the fillets in egg, then breadcrumbs (mixed with all purpose seasoning, and lemon pepper seasoning), then fry it in olive oil for a few minutes, comes out great! Might try baking it in foil next time (add it to the list!)
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: another pointless poll, battered or crumbed.....or grilled Fri, 27 May 2005 01:06 Go to previous message
Crumbed for sure. For some reason I just really don't like batter on fish. Probably because it keeps the fish at 200 degrees no matter how long it sits. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NSW v QLD who predictd a draw SportsTab...
Next Topic:Support young aussie band.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:32:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063490867614746 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.