Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
XPLOSV
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Car Electrical Fault Wed, 25 May 2005 19:12 Go to next message
Hi all,

Just having a few electrical problems with my AE92 Levin, and just wondering if anyone out there can help!?!?

Every time i start the car, the digital clock reads 1:00 and for the duration of the trip, the minutes tick along. Sometimes, the clock start at 1:00 a few minutes after the car is started, and at times turns off while driving and back on a few minutes later.

Also, my door light (on the inside roof) doesnt work either (and its not the light globe thats the problem!).

And if its any help, i have noticed that the clock resets back to 1:00 when a door is open and closed again.

I also did put my headunit back in (it was in the car before the problem and worked fine) and now doesnt work. At the time, it seemed that the clock was not functioning (and seemingly either was the headunit power).

So, it does seem to me that all these problems (car inside light, clock and headunit) are all connected to the same electrical fault. I doubt it is the fuse, as i have checked the necessary one and they seem fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
NERD
Regular

November 2004
Re: Car Electrical Fault Wed, 25 May 2005 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all, that was actually the problem in my car, and didnt notice that my brother was logged on Mad

Anyhow, its a b!tch of a problem and would like to get it fixed ASAP. So, any sort of helpful input would be a major bonus.

Cheers all!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Car Electrical Fault Thu, 26 May 2005 02:10 Go to previous message
the clock and interior light are on a circuit that's always on (called 'dome' sometimes).

you would have tapped into that circuit for the radio so it had power to save presents and settings.

if the fuse blows, you get no radio memory, interior light and clock forgets the time.

the door resetting the clock it suggests that it is relying on the earth the door switch provides to an earth - you may have crossed over the earth and a dome circirt somewhere.

the clock tuning on/off is either a symptom of a lack of backup power or the access circuit is also dodgy.

get multimeter out and check where you do and don't have power in that circuit. fuse may look good but be stuffed (especially if it's an old glass-tube fuse ad when they get twisted, they look intact but are infact busted)

cheers, charles.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20v exhaust
Next Topic:ra28 standard spring lenght?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:49:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039501190185547 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.