Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about::::

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sat, 21 May 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 00:23

.....chokes some dude to death...

via the holographic link Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sat, 21 May 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malicia wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 00:20

If someone were to watch all episodes 1-6 with no knowledge of the series, I think they would be kinda disappointed in Darth Vader as 1,2 and definatly 3 make Anakin out to be "Super Strong" with the force and the emperor make him out to the the next SUPER Sith lord but he kinda doesn't live up to it in 4.5 and 6.

Well, he has no legs and only 1 arm and he's seemingly helped to keep going by a breathing device.. couple that with the fact he's a lot older.. and fighs his son, who is seemingly as strong. Its no wonder his lightsaber abilites are slow and shonky.
Very Happy but he's still strong with the force.

Alright question.. what would everyone rather see.. EP 7,8,9? dealing with luke, lei, han, lando, chewy in true aged format? Shocked or 0,-1,-2 Laughing Id love to hear about Darth Plagus (the story Sidious told Anakin, how he killed his master who was the most powerful Sith Lord ever) + Seeing Younger Yoda + Young Qui Gon + Young Dooku + Young Darth Maul Very Happy and maybe a youngling Obiwan..

[Updated on: Sat, 21 May 2005 23:31]

Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 22 May 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best mooovie EVAR!!!!1111 Very Happy Very Happy

That was awesome, so very, very cool. Smile

I agree that Ep's 1 and 2 should have been merged together, and Ep 3 should have been strung out more, would have been slightly more satisfying perhaps, none the less though I give that movie 12/10, Ewan McGregor was the bomb, he was the epitomy of Obi-Wan, also best line EVAR:

"You were the chosen one!!" Shocked Very Happy

Sends a shiver down your spine when you think about it. Smile

I have read all the books that follow the story after Ep's 4, 5, and 6, and they are awesome, but I think making a series out of them aswell would be sweet, it's good and bad that Ep's 7, 8 and 9 won't be made into movies, Ep 3 leaves you wanting more, but also satisfied at the same time in my mind. But yeah these supposed 100 1 hour episodes should be pretty sweet, hopefully they will lend themsleves well to the 2 trilogy's.

I can't wait for Ep 3 to come out on dvd, I'm guessing they are going to make a huge box set, like all 6 movies together, like the Lord of the Ring's box set, with all the extra bits and pieces etc.

You do sort of feel sorry for Anakin when all the Jedi Masters have the meetings in the Jedi Temple, how Yoda and Windu act a bit arrogant towards him, you can see how it drives him further away, and that scene with Windu above Sidious, about to slay him with the Lightsaber, and Anakin screams "I need him to live!!", you know that Anakin will strike Windu and then Sidious kills him, but I was still sitting there thinking nah he can't do it lol, you know what's going to happen but you can't believe it when it actually does lol, simply awesome. Smile

So would people be disappointed or excited if George Lucas came out tomorrow and said hey I'm making Ep's 7, 8, and 9. Everyone knows that he won't, but yeah just want to see what everyone really thinks. Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 04:10]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 22 May 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clone wars really put a big chunk of story between Ep2 and 3. Like the general, how C3PO got gold, why there weren't many jedi, ranks in the clone army instead of just one mass of white like in Ep2.

I recon it was definatlely the best out of the first 3 and I recon it would rival even RotJ (my fav).

The whole way through the movie all the little peices were falling into place, when they introduce Senator Organa, the differences in the spaceships, etc.

There should've been more hunting down of the Jedi. Thats what I was really looking forward to. There could've easily been an extra 1/2 hour of Vader chopping up all the Jedi instead of just the clones turning.

And there should've been a lot left of the discussion between Palpatine and Anakin, it was like they cut out 5 mins of dialogue there (like how Anakin got AWAY from the dark lord of the sith to report to the jedi masters that he was a sith???). There needed to be more of Palpatine pointing out that Anakin already was leaning towards the dark side being in love and being married and having feelings.

Best movie I've seen for ages, will go see it again at the movies when I've got time.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 22 May 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well he was the chosen one. He did bring balance to the universe in the end. I don't think they saw the path he'd have to take to get there though. Still, jave it downloading now Very Happy
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 22 May 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 20:22

He did bring balance to the universe in the end.

Yep. 2 sith, 2 jedi. Balance.

And PEACE.

I love the fight between good and evil and how "good" are not allowed to have feelings or emotions even love. Where as "evil" are encouraged to love/hate.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 22 May 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats because love is evil as it involves women. Well usually unless witzl's involved.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 22 May 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont like you anymore Clubagreenie Sad

Anakin DOES restore balance to the force.... in ep6 where he kills the Emperor and himself dies. Thus we have no more Sith.

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 22 May 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How is that balanced? Sounds very one sided to me.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 22 May 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its completely open to interpretation there, as Yoda suggests the prophecy could have misread etc.... and nothing is said further to settle this arguemnt Razz

Yoda jumps too much.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 22 May 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't know about you guys but the best actor award goes to yoda.

i was really scratching my head when vader breaks open and starts questioning about padme's death and say that he didn't kill her *in an angry vader-like voice*, and screamed NOOOOOOOO.
what the hell was that?
*still scratching head*

was george in that much of a rush?
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 23 May 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much does anakin in ep6 (the ghost at the very end) look like anakin in ep3? Shocked

Awesome movie Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 23 May 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobertoX wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 12:53

how much does anakin in ep6 (the ghost at the very end) look like anakin in ep3? Shocked

Awesome movie Very Happy

dot dot dot... what?
Timmy Turbo
Regular

August 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know it's probably a given, but I found it all a bit too 'expected'. Virtually every fight scene that was shown, you already knew the ending of, as you could just remember 4,5,6 and realise who was still alive and who was still dead. It took a bit of the thrill out of it for me, as I knew who was going to live and die anyway. Still a good movie though, I'd like to see an Episode 3 1/2 where we find out how Han Solo and Chewy meet up etc...
Cheers,
Tim
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 23 May 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 18:58

Awesome movie Very Happy

dot dot dot... what?

If you watched the DVD release of Ep 6 then the ghost at the end is actually Hayden Christensen, the actor who played Anakin in Episodes 2 and 3.

In the original 1983 release (and the 1997 Special Edition) the ghost at the end was the actor Sebastian Shaw, who was also the face of Anakin when Luke removes Darth Vader's mask towards the end. For the DVD release they decided to digitally replace the original Sebastian Shaw's Anakin with Christensen's instead, since that would tie in better with Episode 3 and since that's how Anakin looked just prior to becoming Darth Vader.

-Matt
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 24 May 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, i'll have to watch jedi on DVD tonight then! I didnt realise they chopped in Christensenenenen......

ep3 is still cool Razz
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's super cool!

so cool, I am off to see it again tonight! w00t!

and I will take my hanky eheheheh
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw it today. Great movie.

Was there really that guy who was that strong with the dark side that he cheated death for others? Or just another lie to win over Anakin?

It also filled in a gap for me on why Obi says to darth before he kills him that if he (darth) strikes him down, he'll become more powerful than ever. I'm guessing the extra stuff Yoda told Obi about Qui-gon is what that was about.

Oh yea, and on the force thing, I noticed that it was used much less in this movie compared to the first two, because in the last 3 the force powers were seldom used.

Also I feel that ep 1-2-*clone wars*-3-4-5-6 is perfect. Anymore spin-offs or other shit would just ruin it and make it feel like a dirty whore.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt86sx wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 09:11

Awesome movie Very Happy

dot dot dot... what?

If you watched the DVD release of Ep 6 then the ghost at the end is actually Hayden Christensen, the actor who played Anakin in Episodes 2 and 3.

In the original 1983 release (and the 1997 Special Edition) the ghost at the end was the actor Sebastian Shaw, who was also the face of Anakin when Luke removes Darth Vader's mask towards the end. For the DVD release they decided to digitally replace the original Sebastian Shaw's Anakin with Christensen's instead, since that would tie in better with Episode 3 and since that's how Anakin looked just prior to becoming Darth Vader.

-Matt

That's what my dot dot dot comment was about. It sucked. He shoulda left the origonal 4,5,6 alone.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Wed, 25 May 2005 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 23:16

well its completely open to interpretation there, as Yoda suggests the prophecy could have misread etc.... and nothing is said further to settle this arguemnt Razz

Yoda jumps too much.

I really like the movie ..... IT was very clever...

some funny bits though like when Darth Vadar puts his suit on

DArth Vadar PRESS YOUR BUTTONS Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i couldnt stop laughing when vader cought on fire Laughing

has anyone seen that starwars dog for the release of ep1? the dog dood who made fun of them nooobs
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sat, 28 May 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought it was okay. better than ep1 and 2 but still was shit on by 4,5 and 6.

they tried to get too fancy. general grievous was disgusting, as was vader's "nooooo" and some more acting and plot.

i think it sucks how they changed anakin in RoTJ, and also changed boba fett's voice to a maori (spelling?)...

they destroyed many cool characters with the prequels...
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 29 May 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 10:45

general grievous was disgusting

Have you seen Clone Wars?
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 29 May 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 11:27

I agree with that statement. Smile

He was very scary in clone wars, such an unstoppable insanely fast and strong machine to be really feared. He was a let-down in the movie.

He was coughing and that in the movie because in clone wars Windu gave him a force push/crush hit to the chest as he was escaping with the chancellor. EDIT: at that time Windu was the only jedi to score a hit on him.

[Updated on: Sun, 29 May 2005 02:47]

unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 29 May 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am going to see it again no doubt. It did drag on a little but it was so awesome. Especially when yoda walked into that room and knocked down the droids just by looking at them, it was so awesome. And that line by vadar "NOOOO" that was so freakin lame i just shook my head. anyway, awesome as hell.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 29 May 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 12:45

He was very scary in clone wars, such an unstoppable insanely fast and strong machine to be really feared. He was a let-down in the movie.

He was coughing and that in the movie because in clone wars Windu gave him a force push/crush hit to the chest as he was escaping with the chancellor. EDIT: at that time Windu was the only jedi to score a hit on him.

nah, whats the clone wars? i only saw attack of the clones at the movies, so ive seen it once a long time ago...

i used to read heaps of the star wars novels and stuff, the older movies, but kinda lost faith when i saw episode 1...

and i reckon there is too many lightsaber battles now. too much flashy shit. everything is spelled out in episodes 1,2 and 3 so easily- in the original movies many things were only hinted at, and there was a much more foreboding sense in the movies, the tension (and coolness, IMO) was created by subtletys and character prescence. i found the new movies to be a bit too dramatic and less subtle...

thats my two cents. i have more issues with the movies but really cant be fucked typing atm Smile
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 29 May 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 23:04

Apollo wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 12:45

nah, whats the clone wars? i only saw attack of the clones at the movies, so ive seen it once a long time ago...

i used to read heaps of the star wars novels and stuff, the older movies, but kinda lost faith when i saw episode 1...

and i reckon there is too many lightsaber battles now. too much flashy shit. everything is spelled out in episodes 1,2 and 3 so easily- in the original movies many things were only hinted at, and there was a much more foreboding sense in the movies, the tension (and coolness, IMO) was created by subtletys and character prescence. i found the new movies to be a bit too dramatic and less subtle...

thats my two cents. i have more issues with the movies but really cant be fucked typing atm Smile
Clone wars was a bunch of 25 episodes of cartoons shown on cartoon network.

It showed Anakin becoming a jedi (he was still a padawan in ep2, and suddenly a jedi in ep3 if you noticed Wink ). Also it showed some more points where Anakin gave into his anger, and him using force choke/crush for the first time (crushed some guys throat).

Also showed, more like why, c3po got his gold colour, but more importantly, it ended right where ep3 began, with grievous taking the chancellor, and the massive space battle.
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Sun, 29 May 2005 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 18:33

matt86sx wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 09:11

Awesome movie Very Happy

dot dot dot... what?

-Matt

That's what my dot dot dot comment was about. It sucked. He shoulda left the origonal 4,5,6 alone.

As if they did that! How pissed would you be if you were Sebastian Shaw to be replaced by the new guy!!! (he was not my favourite actor in the new ones Confused )

Saw it again Smile definately the best of the new ones Very Happy
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 30 May 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In ROTJ Leia said she remembered her mother - she was very young and bueatiful, and always seemed sad... that doesn't seem to link up to me!
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 30 May 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also lucas said he would explain how some Jedi disappear (Yoda, Obi-Wan) and some don't (Qui Gon), it was touched on, but not really detailed enough for my liking.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 30 May 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 12:09

Also lucas said he would explain how some Jedi disappear (Yoda, Obi-Wan) and some don't (Qui Gon), it was touched on, but not really detailed enough for my liking.
What's not to understand?

They (Yoda and Obi), were the only jedi left, qui gon died in the first movie, and Anakin slaughted the padwans and others at the jedi academy, and code66 was given to the storm troopers (who then killed all their jedi commanders in the field). Yoda went into exile, and obi stayed to keep an eye on luke. It was crystal clear in the movie.

Sure you watched the same movie?
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 30 May 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What movies were you watching? I am talking about why some jedi physically disappear after dying (as Obi Wan and Yoda did in ep4 & 6) and some don't (as qui god did in ep1)
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 30 May 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am i the only one here that was disapointed by this movie? the acting was crap (the "what have i done" line actually made half the people in the cinema laugh when i watched it).this aside the first one and a half hours were fantastic but then it just turned to shit in the end. in my opinion there was way too much explanation at the end, its as if they thought we were too stupid to work out the basics for ourselves.
The worst bit of the movie was when Padime gave birth and then they were deciding what to do with the kids. i felt like i watching home and away or some other crappy soap not a star wars movie.
if they had turned the last 30 min into 5 or 10 the movie would have been twice as good.

also i want to bring up something about 4,5 & 6 which made me want to bash george lucas' head in when i watched the dvds the other day. he has gone back and changed them in stupid ways. boba fet's lines have been re-dubbed by temuera morrison and the ghost of the original darth vader which apears at the end of return of the jedi has been replaced with hayden christensen. how would you feel if after 20 years of being able to look back at your part in a great movie, you was suddenly cut out and replaced by some dick who cant even act. this editing is even worse in 5 & 6 as those where the best 2 of the 6 and lucas didnt even direct them, so had no right to change them.
end rant

chris
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 30 May 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just watched my ep5 and ep6 DVDs last night, and you are 100% in touch with my thoughts. Lucas you old retarded cvnt WHY DID YOU FUCK UP BOBA FETT!?!?!??!

Boba Fett was my no.1 favourite character, because he was cool, collected, always ready to jump to action, and had the best voice (besides vader himself). To chop in Temuera Choice Bro Morrison's voice pissed me off royally, and so did the little extra bits of Boba fraternising with teh womens..... he was more concerned with what was going on than with the women!! Me not happy Mad Mad Mad

Things in ep4-6 "special editions" which shit me:
# Changing Boba Fett's voice
# Chopping in Hayden Christenson at the end of Jedi
# THE STUPID TARZAN CALL when Chewy swings onto the imperial walker in Jedi (grrr, it shit me off in ep3 too!!)
# Jabba's palace scene (I liked the original better)
# Greedo shooting at Han Solo first.... Solo is a quick draw! That's how he kills Greedo
# changing the end song in Jedi. lamest end song - EVER.

I'm going to go pick up the DVDs my dad got from Vietnam of ep4-6 and see if they have these chopped in parts (we got them just after ep1 was in the movies)..... if they arent there, i'll be a happy happy man!
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 30 May 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 15:53

i just watched my ep5 and ep6 DVDs last night, and you are 100% in touch with my thoughts. Lucas you old retarded cvnt WHY DID YOU FUCK UP BOBA FETT!?!?!??!

Boba Fett was my no.1 favourite character, because he was cool, collected, always ready to jump to action, and had the best voice (besides vader himself). To chop in Temuera Choice Bro Morrison's voice pissed me off royally, and so did the little extra bits of Boba fraternising with teh womens..... he was more concerned with what was going on than with the women!! Me not happy Mad Mad Mad

Things in ep4-6 "special editions" which shit me:
# Changing Boba Fett's voice
# Chopping in Hayden Christenson at the end of Jedi
# THE STUPID TARZAN CALL when Chewy swings onto the imperial walker in Jedi (grrr, it shit me off in ep3 too!!)
# Jabba's palace scene (I liked the original better)
# Greedo shooting at Han Solo first.... Solo is a quick draw! That's how he kills Greedo
# changing the end song in Jedi. lamest end song - EVER.

I'm going to go pick up the DVDs my dad got from Vietnam of ep4-6 and see if they have these chopped in parts (we got them just after ep1 was in the movies)..... if they arent there, i'll be a happy happy man!

other than boba's voice and wanky anakin at the end, all that shit was changed in the special re-release at the cinema... i have the boxed VHS vids, they have all the new (and a bit gay) shit, but without maori fett and wankakin
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 30 May 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Loved it. It was so awesome. But the Empire only lasted for 10 years, not 19, so I havent quite got my head around the way in which the Skywalker twins grew up so quick... Confused

Also, i have to say I was a bit disappointed in the shortness of the Grevious vs Kenobi battle. After seeing the awesome battle between Darth Maul and Kenobi in Episode I (just about the only good thing there), I couldnt wait for 4 lightsabers, but it really didnt happen. Sad

But that's just nitpicking. After 10 seconds by eyes were popping out of my head. Smile Awesome movie.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 30 May 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there should have been more hover skids. lol.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 30 May 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 12:37

What movies were you watching? I am talking about why some jedi physically disappear after dying (as Obi Wan and Yoda did in ep4 & 6) and some don't (as qui god did in ep1)

Ah, now you make sense. Smile

If you remember, Obi wan told vader that if he struck him down, he'd become more powerful than ever.

He'd found some way to "ascend" so to speak after death. It was told to him by Yoda that Qui-gon had discovered this and to commune with him while looking out for luke. It was right near the end of the movie (3rd movie).
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Mon, 30 May 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 20:37

Squid wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 12:37

Ah, now you make sense. Smile

If you remember, Obi wan told vader that if he struck him down, he'd become more powerful than ever.

He'd found some way to "ascend" so to speak after death. It was told to him by Yoda that Qui-gon had discovered this and to commune with him while looking out for luke. It was right near the end of the movie (3rd movie).

The thing I dont get about that is how it all works. Cause jedi are supposed to be the guardians of the galaxy etc etc, but they cannot influence the happenings in their spirit form. I would have thought it would have been better for the galaxy if he had of chopped Vader's head off (yes Vader did kill the emperor, but Luke would never have been there if vader hadnt of brought him on board and he still would have died when the Death Star exploded.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he could not bring it upon himself to kill Anakin himself. If you remember, ObeWan wanted to fight sidius and have yoda take down anakin...... but Yoda said he would get his arse CANED by the Sith master Razz

Obe Wan was just unable to outright kill his pupil, as you can tell by his anguish when he has to face him.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 12:54

he could not bring it upon himself to kill Anakin himself. If you remember, ObeWan wanted to fight sidius and have yoda take down anakin...... but Yoda said he would get his arse CANED by the Sith master Razz

Obe Wan was just unable to outright kill his pupil, as you can tell by his anguish when he has to face him.

yeah, which is why maybe in A New Hope he could not do it either I guess... or he just wasn't strong enough.. but I see a connection there
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 13:13

THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 12:54

yeah, which is why maybe in A New Hope he could not do it either I guess... or he just wasn't strong enough.. but I see a connection there

I think Obi-Wan was strong enough. Just didn't want to.

It's also an interesting connection with Yoda wanting Vader dead. Obi-Wan couldn't kill Vader, neither could Luke. Yoda should have taken care of it himself. Wink
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shraka,

actually i just watched 5 & 6 the other night, and Yoda only ever says "You must confront Vader".... he never implies or says that Vader must be destroyed, only that Luke must confront him. In my mind if you read into this, and what happens to Luke in the cave in ep5, Yoda is telling Luke that he has to deal with Vader whatever way he feels is correct. Yoda knows that Luke will know what to do when he looks within his feelings and trusts them unconditionally.

In my mind this is what makes Luke a wiser and therefore more powerful Jedi than his father, luke is able to trust his feelings completely... whereas Anakin is too easily lead by the influence of others. Sure luke doesnt have the hardcore powers like Mace Windu or Anakin in ep3.... but he has purity of thought, feeling and insight, the most important parts of being a Jedi.

And now my argument about Anakin being the chosen one, to bring balance to the force. I think this statement is TRUE.
He complete's this when he himself TURNS BACK from the dark side and kills Sidius, and eventually himself..... this leaves only the good Jedi luke who is able to then pass on the teachings and maintain peace within the galaxy Smile

The Witzl's thoughts of Star Wars characters for today:
Luke is the uber-Jedi
Boba Fett is the man (pre-kiwi voice)
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Either way, my point is he sends off two Jedi to deal with Vader. Both don't want to. But Luke manages to succeed, while Obi-Wan failed.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indeed you are correct, and i think this is true because Luke is the more insightful Jedi and being the son of Anakin had the ability to draw upon ANY compassion that Anakin had left, and turn him back to the good side.

Obe Wan could not do this, because he still could not accept that Anakin had turned, and was unable to bring out that compassion that Luke later could.... just like when Luke first faced Vader he was unprepared, and of course undertrained.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 05:47]

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But how does only having one side mean something is balanced? That is the thing that confuses me.
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Think of the balance as peace not 1 on this side and 1 on that side, then it makes sense Smile
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 16:03

But how does only having one side mean something is balanced? That is the thing that confuses me.

I agree. This is the seccond person on this thread that has said that having all on one side is a balance. WTF?

Jedi related dictionary meaning:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=balance
"A state of equilibrium or parity characterized by cancellation of all forces by equal opposing forces."

Again I say Anakin brought balance to the force by leaving 2 sith and 2 jedi. They were even at a very balanced level of force power!

This is why I was hoping for more Vader vs Jedi battles in Ep3. but ... Sad
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malicia wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 17:07

Think of the balance as peace not 1 on this side and 1 on that side, then it makes sense Smile

PALPATINE was the one that brought PEACE to the galaxy!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 17:08

ehehehe Laughing "and we shall have peace...." erm... Wink
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Actualy, he didn't. There wasn't outright war, but there was lots of killing and destroying of things. I wouldn't call that "peace"

As for luke being the insightfull Jedi, I still find it strange thinking like that.

I think Luke had a massive advantage over Obi-Wan. When Vader saw his son being bitchslapped by the emperor, he saw a similar thing to what had happened to him as he was in training. His masters had treated him unfairly 'cuz he didn't want to do things their way. I think that woulda set something off inside Vader. Also, he IS his freeking son, the only part of Padme left for him.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 17:15

Actualy, he didn't. There wasn't outright war, but there was lots of killing and destroying of things. I wouldn't call that "peace"

There was a WAR between the republic and the trade federation.

Palpatine ordered the trade federation killed, and stopped all the droids.

The brilliance behind it is: Who started the war?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sidius/palpatine was indeed a brilliant schemer - he had the WHOLE thing planned out from ep1 thru to the end of ep6 in star wars timeline Smile

- becoming supremem chancellor
- instigating clone wars
- finishing clone wars
- taking anakin as aprentice
- destroying nearly all the Jedi (i think it was indeed his intention to leave obi wan and yoda alive... well at least obi wan)
- creation of the empire
- allowing luke to grow up and learn about the force
- turning Luke against his dad, and destroying the last of the Jedi or taking on a new more powerful aprentice
- destruction of the alliance (as he saw it in ep6)

Sidius' undoing was indeed EXACTLY as Luke put it...
"Your overconfidence is your weakness".... he was overconfident in his control over Vader. I also think he was never aware of Leia being a skywalker either.

but that aside..... Pete i think you are looking at balance in the force too lightly. Saying 2 good + 2 bad is equal i feel is incorrect. Orf course we never wrote the shit so who are we to really know Smile

I think that when the last of the sith die in ep6, it leaves the force in balance in that the force ITSELF exists and is only being used for good and to maintain peace and harmony... rather than being ABUSED, causing pain and suffering which destroys the binding power of the force and ultimately would turn the galaxy into darkness (an unsustainable system).

That's my thoughts.

Now im off to watch Sith again Razz
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah, well after watching it again, my argument is backed up.

All through the movie when it is mentioned that Anakin is the chosen one, to bring balance to the force... in the same breath it is also said that he would do so by destroying all of the Sith.

Yoda, Obe Wan and Mace Windu all say this.

To quote Obe Wan, "you were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them......to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness"

Hence i feel my argument is solid. Very Happy
I told you not to argue with teh n3rd Razz
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"you're so beautifull.............."
Razz

tried a little bit hard to put in a romantic scene
Very Happy i thought anyway

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Tue, 31 May 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 01:08

All through the movie when it is mentioned that Anakin is the chosen one, to bring balance to the force... in the same breath it is also said that he would do so by destroying all of the Sith.

To quote Obe Wan, "you were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them......to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness"

Unfortunately I have to arue with teh n3rd. Very Happy

But you think of when Yoda says in the shuttle something like "A prophecy misread is a dangerous thing..." It seems as though Yoda had his doubts about how the prophecy would come about.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Wed, 01 June 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 18:45

I mean during the empire, not during the republic.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Wed, 01 June 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, if that being the case, then the Republic would have started it. Smile But one would argue that it was a war against tyranny.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Wed, 01 June 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 10:01

SupraPete wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 18:45

I mean during the empire, not during the republic.

The war was between the trade federation and the republic.

There wasn't a war (that I'm aware of) during the empire. There was however a rebellion.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Star Wars 3::::: WARNING The movie will be talked about:::: Wed, 01 June 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Caledwvech wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 09:52

THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 01:08

Unfortunately I have to arue with teh n3rd. Very Happy

But you think of when Yoda says in the shuttle something like "A prophecy misread is a dangerous thing..." It seems as though Yoda had his doubts about how the prophecy would come about.

I agree with Cal, the prophecy is that "he will bring balance to the force" the rest is assumed by the Jedi (and Witzl). I really believe that all the jedi read it as Witzl does. Which is wrong (IMHO). They didn't know the power of the dark side.

If what Witzl believes is true than the whole "you were the chosen one!" scene is defunct and should have been in episode 6 - appropriately modified like Obie-Wan coming back as a ghost and saying "well done chosen one" or something like that.

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Naomi Robson blooper tape (now with video)
Next Topic:What's something embarrising that's happened to you?.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:13:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092289447784424 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.