Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Anyone have an S13 and can take a quick measurement for me?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon7.gif  Anyone have an S13 and can take a quick measurement for me? Sat, 30 April 2005 14:28 Go to next message
If anyone can help me, I'm after the distance between the 2 front struts (innermost strut bolt to innermost strut bolt) and between the 2 rear struts (same).

S13 front and rear strut braces are quite cheap, and I figure if the length of either is suitable it could used as the basis for a cheap rear brace for xA6x liftbacks.
  Send a private message to this user    
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: Anyone have an S13 and can take a quick measurement for me? Thu, 19 May 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump.

Anyone?
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Anyone have an S13 and can take a quick measurement for me? Thu, 19 May 2005 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
front is 963.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone have an S13 and can take a quick measurement for me? Fri, 20 May 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EDIT: Just read you signature, and saw that you DO have an S13 Razz

Thanks heaps, if I ask really nicely could I get the rear measurement too? Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2005 01:04]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone have an S13 and can take a quick measurement for me? Fri, 20 May 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool i'm interested to hear how this goes Smile
As thinking of trying a S13 bar on my RA28.

Do you have the measurements between the 3 bolt holes for the strut top?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone have an S13 and can take a quick measurement for me? Fri, 20 May 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 11:44

Cool i'm interested to hear how this goes Smile
As thinking of trying a S13 bar on my RA28.

Do you have the measurements between the 3 bolt holes for the strut top?

Do you know if the bolt pattern for A2, A4 and A6 celicas is the same?

S13 camber tops will apparently fit an A6 celica with some slight elongating of the bolt holes, so if the pattern is the same for all rwd celicas then the S13 bar ends should fit your A2 - providing of course that the length of the bar is suitable. I do know that A4s are narrower than A6s, so A2s may be narrower still... which means that if the S13 bar DOES fit one chassis, it may not suit the other.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone have an S13 and can take a quick measurement for me? Fri, 20 May 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What makes me think they may suit is I brought some Noltec strut tops for the RA28, and they had nothing on the shelf that fitted. They dug through all there items and found some that fitted after I enlongated each hole 1 - 2mm.

So i'm guessing they might be s13 ones. Which would be nice as easy to get strut tops for these. Even if I only used the s13 strut tower plates, and made my own bar to suit the width of the car.

Cheers
Joel
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone have an S13 and can take a quick measurement for me? Fri, 20 May 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 12:06

What makes me think they may suit is I brought some Noltec strut tops for the RA28, and they had nothing on the shelf that fitted. They dug through all there items and found some that fitted after I enlongated each hole 1 - 2mm.

So i'm guessing they might be s13 ones. Which would be nice as easy to get strut tops for these. Even if I only used the s13 strut tower plates, and made my own bar to suit the width of the car.

Cheers
Joel

For sure - the end plates would be the hardest part to fabricate. In that case, it sounds like the pattern IS the same between rwd celicas Smile
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Anyone have an S13 and can take a quick measurement for me? Fri, 20 May 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
S13 strut tops don't look too hard to make. I jsut took some quick measurements, but it seems like the hole for the strut is circular, the three studs are in an equilateral triangle about 115mm each side and the outer edge could be circular too. Pretty easy to machine up. Sprinter ones are a much more wierd shape.

I can check measurements and post them. Guess what I'm doing this weekend.

Hen
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone have an S13 and can take a quick measurement for me? Fri, 20 May 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I already have a front bar (though as it's a straight bar that only just clears the intake manifold on the 22RE, I'm not sure if it will clear the IG).

With the rear bar, the bolt pattern etc of the end plates isn't that important (in an A6) as you have to drill holes to mount it anyway; it's the bar length that really matters.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone have an S13 and can take a quick measurement for me? Thu, 26 May 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump - any word on rear bar measurements, anyone?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone have an S13 and can take a quick measurement for me? Thu, 26 May 2005 04:44 Go to previous message
I'm getting front and rear braces made up for my MA61 this weekend (or maybe next week, depending on my schedule). I'll post pics/measurements when it's done. FYI there's no need to drill holes for the rear brace, I'm using the mounting bolts for the rear seat latches.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:LSD noise?
Next Topic:Is my ECU Fried ? (You want fries with that?)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 19:05:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044078826904297 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.