Regular

June 2004
Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 07:21 Go to next message
anyone going. I am. first time i'm a bit nervous Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaan wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 17:21

Don't be nervous dude... If it makes you feel any better, I'll probably be out there for the first time in ages - this time with a lot more power so it's gonna be back to square one!

You gotta start somewhere, and if anyone puts shit on someone out there giving it a go, no matter how crap they are, they deserve a kick in the head.
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 17:31

Kaan wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 17:21

Don't be nervous dude... If it makes you feel any better, I'll probably be out there for the first time in ages - this time with a lot more power so it's gonna be back to square one!

You gotta start somewhere, and if anyone puts shit on someone out there giving it a go, no matter how crap they are, they deserve a kick in the head.

Thanks dude. hehe sprinter with a 4ac and a locker is all i got.
i hope it goes well and slides otherwsise ill look like im driving around lol? what are track conditions compared to road???
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much does it cost to run?
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to go on the track it's $80 and u have to book.
or if ur talk about my car... i use a tank and get 300km avg no more
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jezz if you are still online, i got your tie rods man
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 18:15

JEZZ?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaan wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 18:26

JEZZ?

sorry, that was for AE86slut Wink
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 19:26

Kaan wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 18:26

JEZZ?

sorry, that was for AE86slut Wink

npz. i'm just getting sum tyres ready for tomorrow night
and oil and coolant brake fluid. i may be going over the top but i'm taking shit just incase. mini pit crew consists of me.. thats it and if my mates turn up theyll give me a hand
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be there.

this time i'm saying hi to everyone i can find!

if any1 needsa hand i'm more than willing to help?!

Nathan
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be there again , This time in my Hachi, but still a carpark drifter Razz Embarassed .
Hey Kaan, Dont worry about being a 4AC, One of the regulars out there drives a 4AC with LSD, and drifts really well, able to link some of the turns better than those with more powerfull 86's, so its all about skill really, power just lends a helping hand. Very Happy
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The most valuable thing you'll need is a torch, by the end of it, you'll be kickin around trying to find ur car Laughing

warm jacket would be most prized down there, it gets dayum cold
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha dont be shy to come say hi or give me some tips im excited now i was just cleaning out my car.. going to take off my front bar at oran. so it doesnt get even more damage. got wheels got oils n shit ready . gotta get tools from work gotta have my clothes ready geez stressful! but i know i will have fun!!! unleash the 4ac and beginner skill! Very Happy i dont think i'll be able to sleep. i gotta get some batteries for torch..

question are open face helmets ok??

thanks ae86slaver, cannonball get it drifting on the track, hi ta-022 hopefully everything goes sweet u can help me out if ya want,
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Thu, 26 May 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not going was a bit disappointed with the showing last time, plus its gonna be freezing and i am going to wakefield tomorrow to watch hopefully
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Fri, 27 May 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the turnout last time was a bit lack lustre....but you gotta remember last time was nearly a rain out which keeps the peeps away.

Kaan: I'll be there ! what colour is ya hachi? I'll look for ya. And what time you getting there.

Cheers

Nathan
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Fri, 27 May 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but tonight is gonna be pretty damn cold, though i can't see Wakefield being to much warmer tomorrow lol. PLus i can't be bothered going for only 2 hours, hmmm 10 bucks for 2 hours or 10 bucks for a whole day oh last weekend for 2 bucks for a whole day you get my drift.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Fri, 27 May 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont have to tell me twice about the cold!

got out to my car this morning to go to work (6am)
and swear to god i had 3-4mm thick ice on the rear windshield front windshield and the roof!

on the money: thats fair enuf...i get about 3-4 hours spec out of it so not so bad to me.

Cheers!!
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Fri, 27 May 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what an awesome nite, quite a number and variety of cars turning up. i had a great nite thanks due greatly to the battle i had with the RX7 series 4.

i qualified for the masters at oran on june 24 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

how was your nite Kaan? is the car still fine?

i brought a mate of mine as a photographer, he said the film must get done in syd so we wont see them for a couple of days. but when i get them ill post them up, there is around 70 pics so ill post the best ones.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Sat, 28 May 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh was that you in the greeny/yela 86 kaan! if i had of known i would have come say hi.

good to meet jesse / camae86 and craigae86.

kudos to steve (didnt realise it was you...tawt i knew that car)how big a tool was the rx7?!

he wasnt even driftn in the battle ... all he wanted to do was get past ya.....me and the misus felt like punching him one!

on a brighter note... im that much closer to getting out there.

Cheers

Nathan
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Sat, 28 May 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IT WAS F'IN AWESOME!

car still runs steve

I ad the best time. did anyone get video? i wanted to see how i went . i did a few nice corners. apart from that i wanna go there again Very Happy

congrats steve!

and nathan howd i go was i camoed in the grass?
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Sat, 28 May 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good meeting a few more of ya's
i had a mad night, and my footage from the rear brace turned out awesome!
sorry kaan, none of you though!
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Sun, 29 May 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you had it goin on out there kaan.

and jesse had some pretty wild entries on that main turn.

keen to see the incar footage! Very Happy

Nathan
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Sun, 29 May 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was only told about how the battle looked between me and the RX7, id love to see even 1 pic so if anybody could oblige it would be greatly appreciated. the pics from my mate wont be ready for a while.

TA 022; yeah i was told about his lack of drift and somewhat disreguard for safety but i gotta admit, the bloke accepted his loss in a very sportsman like manner. shaking hands without an excuse he just accepted defeat. very fair of him.

although we were told by the marshals that proximity was not among the factors that would be looked at with regard to the judging of the battle, so his apparent disregard for this safety measure did not go unnoticed by many ppl.

Jesse; that was the first T18 ive seen on track and i though you did pretty well, was it your first time on track?
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Sun, 29 May 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Jesse; that was the first T18 ive seen on track and i though you did pretty well, was it your first time on track?

thanks, it's not like your average t18, it was actually my second time out there, i went in the drifts the week before as well, went a hole lot better this time though, and cant wait for the next!
just gotta get my handbrake locking up!
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Sun, 29 May 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA-022 wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 11:18

you had it goin on out there kaan.

Nathan

i had fun and had a few good corners i did the main corner once or twice and i had witnesses Razz
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Sun, 29 May 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, it was a pretty good night, with a good turn out of cars, And to see Cathrine out there settling into her s13 for the IDA day down at wakefeild was an added bonus. For a small person she sure knows how to throw a car around, shame she only had one pair of spare rims for the weekend though.
Saw huge improvement from Cam and Jesse, and much respect to Steve for the win. Thats at least 2 86's going to the final i think. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

There were more than a few people following close that night. Considering there were so many beginners, it was a bit dodgy. There were a few times when the crowd held its breath, waiting for the multicar pileup.

Hey Kaan, How was my effort at telling the auto electritian what was wrong with his lights! Embarassed I think the cold air down there was gettin to my brain, made me a bit slower than usual Razz
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Mon, 30 May 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 22:40

Hey Kaan, How was my effort at telling the auto electritian what was wrong with his lights! Embarassed I think the cold air down there was gettin to my brain, made me a bit slower than usual Razz

haha yeah lucky i knew what the hell i was doing Razz.. the next day we bought a corolla for relo and it came with spare relays so i got the one needed for free..

id like to see some photos that turned out. i wonder if i got some angle happening
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Mon, 30 May 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 22:40

and much respect to Steve for the win. Thats at least 2 86's going to the final i think. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

im not so sure about that mate. if you were referring to the 4A-C sprinter who battled the previous twilight night, he bent an axle of a JDM rear end that night when his wheel collapsed. Although he qualified, we are unsure if we can get his axle fixed or replaced in time for the street masters event.

i sincerely hope he makes it.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Mon, 30 May 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and make way for another 4 next friday *hopefully* Razz

cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Mon, 30 May 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, hopefully the final will be dominated by 86's, including members of the thong wearing (the kind you put on your feet Rolling Eyes ) "Dirty Ibis" clan, and John if he gets his axle replaced.
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Tue, 31 May 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be going on the 10th.. see if ive improved... trying to get a boss kit .. and putting springs in maybe chopped or maybe LOWERED!!
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Tue, 31 May 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, go lowered if you can get the cash together. Cut springs are so dodgey, and they wont be any better in terms of stiffness, so they might suck even more on the track.
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Tue, 31 May 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 19:21

Man, go lowered if you can get the cash together. Cut springs are so dodgey, and they wont be any better in terms of stiffness, so they might suck even more on the track.

any brand?? i only can think of king springs?

and boss kit .. im still looking for a long one.

steve where are the photos ! Razz
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Tue, 31 May 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball...
was that your hot red Sprinter in the carpark!
Mannn niiiiice!

Looks identical to mine from behind/rear side!
and looks heaps like my MSN avatar...

http://img13.echo.cx/img13/378/sprinter17rj.jpg
is it it?

sorry to jack the thread...PM sent...
Cheers.
-Whitchy-
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Tue, 31 May 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey the car in your message looks like my car Razz except the tints and lip, and mine has 4WD tourbus style suspension Laughing

Kaan, I dont know of many, but Kings is pretty cheap, Im thinking of getting a set of fronts until i get my coilovers sorted so then i can at least use the rear springs i have.
They will make them to order, just pick your rate and height. at least thats what i have heard.
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
Re: Oran Park Twightlight Drift 27/5 Wed, 01 June 2005 06:50 Go to previous message
cannonball wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 09:54

Kaan, I dont know of many, but Kings is pretty cheap, Im thinking of getting a set of fronts until i get my coilovers sorted so then i can at least use the rear springs i have.
They will make them to order, just pick your rate and height. at least thats what i have heard.

I ordered set of king springs KTFL-33 and KTRL-34 $85 each pair including gst from repco.. he said 2 and a quarter inch lower? i dunno it sounded cheap so i said ill get em. as for the boss kit still on the hunt for a one piece boss kit.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Newcastle meet ?
Next Topic:3rd july ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:16:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075030326843262 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.