Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » $10500 for ra28????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
$10500 for ra28???? Thu, 26 May 2005 05:27 Go to next message
here guys this is wat i found on carslaes whiel searching for celicas! coz i was in te high price range just skimming over n that caugt my eye n had to scroll back up to take another look at it n yeah im just like omfg

http://carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.pr ivate_vehicle?vehicle_id=2355616&current_rec=1 9&total_rec=224&sort_type=&make_id=8&a mp;model_id=31&state_id=-1&search_distance =25
  Send a private message to this user    
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Thu, 26 May 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuk its clean but hey, may as well be brand new
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Thu, 26 May 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What drugs are people on $10500 man mines just as clean i only pain half the price. Also 2000km people must think the speedo doesn't wind over and that original 2 expensive RA2X in two days thats it. "For sale one RA28 one owner 68000km VGC alround GT grill and guages $30000. PM me for details this is a good deal.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 May 2005 06:06]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Thu, 26 May 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Maybe he's the brother of the dude trying to sell his RA23 for over 20-grand.

Yanno, this has got me thinking.... I'm wondering if these guys have trolled some of the forums, like Toymods and others, and seen how there are a lot of people wanting these old cars (especially if in good condition) and how some people drool over GT/GTVs etc and decided to play on that and whack up a big price on their cars.

I see it happen a lot on the Classic Computing Forums where people bump up the price on some old, though classic, computer. Some people fall for it and pay, others just think the seller is dreaming.

seeyuzz
river
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Thu, 26 May 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good statement river its very true though....
every one is allways looking for an extra couple of bux out of ne thing... i mean i could seel my guitar for like $450 when you can pick it up for like $320... people do it all the time kinda gay. but who would honestly spend 10500 on a celica? maybe if your cant be bothered doing the mods yourself... or mayeb they calculated how much they have put into the car n want to get it back plus more!
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: $10500 for ra28???? Thu, 26 May 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know of a RA28 that sold for ~$12,000 in Adelaide recently.

It was a show winner though, it apparently had over $30,000 spent on bulding it up.

This is it:
http://www.breakpointproshops.com/BrentynRA25.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:19]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Thu, 26 May 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yeah, I remember that red RA28. He did do a lot of work on it and I think it was in Hot4s or some magazine like that a while ago.

It was posted on one of the European Celica sites as an RA25 - until I informed them it was a 28 with a set of 25 rear lights.

Nice car. Very nice car. I'd put bigger wheels on the front though.

seeyuzz
river
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Thu, 26 May 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks nice except for the ghey cannon on the back...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: $10500 for ra28???? Fri, 27 May 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, if it's worth $10.5k to him, then it's worth $10.5k to him. That's what he wants for the car, and if you think it's too high, dont buy it - easy Smile

Someone asked me recently if they could buy my RA28. I looked at them sqaure in the eyes and said "for $10000, it's yours". Of course i got the response you have given..... but that's how much i would need to let myself part with my car, and i dont care what anyone else thinks Smile
Hey i looked at an RA28 on the way back from Dubbo last year.... the guys Dad said he wouldnt sell it for under $6000, and after pointing out a number of things to him that would make it NOT worth $6k (i was genuinely interested), he still would not move on the price.... and so i told him my offer, left my details and bid him good day.

I will admit there are better value RA28s around for the same price range. Complaining here doesnt do much to help you find them though Smile

The Adelaide RA28 there was indeed in Hot4s a couple of years ago, 18RG with TRD higcomp forgies, EFI, quad throttles, large cams, balanced bottom end, uber RPM limit, and running avgas or methanol for strip work from memory..... I also dont like the deleted rear vents above the rear quaters. But it's still a VERY nice '28.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Fri, 27 May 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Witzl is right sentimental value is what is placed on these cars. I someone sees that value then a deal is struck. If not a offer is set and in 6 months when the seller realises that that his/her price is too high (due to that value) it will be either taken off the market or have that sentimantal value removed.

I do take sentimental value into account when looking at these cars. Kind of like saying "Thanks for looking after my car for the last XX years". But only if it has been looked after properly and the sentimental value is not because he/she lost her virginity in the back seat. There is a difference between building somthing for almost scratch and caring for it and hating the idea of someone else driving their work and getting your first car and driving it for 10 years with little work done to it and selling it for a high price because of "The good times" you had, even if it is origonal and in reasonable nick.
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Fri, 27 May 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its not woth $10500,
then what is it worth? if you guys were buying/selling this car what would you pay/sell this sweet ride for?

i personally reckon if i was selling it i would ask at least $8,500

the guy selling is most likely starting at a high price to bait enthusiasts, but will have leway in his price.
another theory is, that his misses wants him to sell it and he doesnt so he puts that price on it knowing it will never sell Razz
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Fri, 27 May 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I was buying I wouldn't offer over $6000 and that would depend on how much rust there is in it. I may offer more if it were rust free however I am still yet to see a completely rust free RA28 personally.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Fri, 27 May 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon the car was taking up space in the home... ne the guys wife wanted to sell the thing so told him to sell it so he put it up for a big price so no body would buy it! Laughing

well thats my theory
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Fri, 27 May 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 15:18

If I was buying I wouldn't offer over $6000 and that would depend on how much rust there is in it. I may offer more if it were rust free however I am still yet to see a completely rust free RA28 personally.

it says in the add, complete rust removal, and its rust free
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Fri, 27 May 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
h3ff44 wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 15:58

i reckon the car was taking up space in the home... ne the guys wife wanted to sell the thing so told him to sell it so he put it up for a big price so no body would buy it! Laughing

well thats my theory

uuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm, did you read my 1st post? Laughing Laughing
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Fri, 27 May 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a good theory I have two older brothers and both of them sold there toys because she said so and so did a lot of there friends. Its called power over the penis.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Fri, 27 May 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BOCKA wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 16:27

h3ff44 wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 15:58

well thats my theory

uuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm, did you read my 1st post? Laughing Laughing

mustn of i tend to skim read Very Happy
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Fri, 27 May 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 12:01

Hey, if it's worth $10.5k to him, then it's worth $10.5k to him. That's what he wants for the car, and if you think it's too high, dont buy it - easy Smile

Someone asked me recently if they could buy my RA28. I looked at them sqaure in the eyes and said "for $10000, it's yours". Of course i got the response you have given..... but that's how much i would need to let myself part with my car, and i dont care what anyone else thinks Smile

Agreed. But, at the end of the day, it's the buyer who sets the price. If the seller for sentimentality or any other reason sets an unrealistic price, the item won't sell if the buying market doesn't think it's good value. However, should someone step up to the plate and say "I'll take it for that price", then so be it - and good luck to the seller - and I assume good luck to the buyer (who obvuously considered the price and found it acceptable).

I have seen this happen countless times with classic computers. Items that were cheap years ago have now become vogue and the price escalates and just doesn't seem to go down. It seems to happen on certain "cultish" systems and processors.

I'm getting the feeling that this is starting to happen to the classic Celica market. I don't expect prices of these cars to go down and we'll see an escalation of the selling price. As these cars age and become more rare and obtain their own cult status, I beleive the prices will skyrocket. In this environment, as per classic computing, it's hard to set a benchmark 'cos the benchmark keeps moving.... upwards.

seeyuzz
river
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Fri, 27 May 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Just for bragginr rights, my ra28 has got ZERO rust. and its down to just the shell now.

The wank tin on the ra28 that sold for 12k devalues it by about 4k, makes me cry to see those tins on old celica's.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Fri, 27 May 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I can show you a rust free RA25! Wink

seeyuzz
river
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Fri, 27 May 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he ain't lying either, its pretty immaculate bar the womans day that was sitting on the back seat
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: $10500 for ra28???? Sat, 28 May 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 12:01

Hey i looked at an RA28 on the way back from Dubbo last year.... the guys Dad said he wouldnt sell it for under $6000, and after pointing out a number of things to him that would make it NOT worth $6k (i was genuinely interested), he still would not move on the price.... and so i told him my offer, left my details and bid him good day.

I will admit there are better value RA28s around for the same price range. Complaining here doesnt do much to help you find them though Smile

The Adelaide RA28 there was indeed in Hot4s a couple of years ago, 18RG with TRD higcomp forgies, EFI, quad throttles, large cams, balanced bottom end, uber RPM limit, and running avgas or methanol for strip work from memory..... I also dont like the deleted rear vents above the rear quaters. But it's still a VERY nice '28.

Tottally agree, the ammount of hard work and $$$ put into this car i dont blame the guy asking 10 and a half gee'z!

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: $10500 for ra28???? Sat, 28 May 2005 04:36 Go to previous message
jeffro RA28 wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 19:38

Just for bragginr rights, my ra28 has got ZERO rust. and its down to just the shell now.

The wank tin on the ra28 that sold for 12k devalues it by about 4k, makes me cry to see those tins on old celica's.

I haven't seen your car personally Very Happy But brag away!!!

My 2 28's are due for strip down in the next few.... years. One is origonal and very little rust. the other I haven't looked real hard at but there is a fair bit and this is in a car that looks to have been re sprayed twice in it's life.

River... that is why I said "RA28" Celica instead of "early Celicas, as I knew you'd jump down my throat. And you car is and will always be one of the best old skool Celicas I am likely to ever lay eyes on.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:and they thought the price of petrol was high then
Next Topic:What car is this??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:03:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051968097686768 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.