Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
nabs478
Regular

March 2003
    -
Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Thu, 26 May 2005 22:00 Go to next message
I have a 3TGTE, 7MGTE injectors, VL turbs fuel pump, Supra cooler, T28 (non bb), a wolf 3D V4, W55 box and a T-series diff. I am about to have it tuned and chucked a bleed valve in so I can wind up the boost. I was thinking about 14-15psi, just wondering what boost/power the set up could handle and what is likely to break first and at what boost/power level it is likely to break??
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Thu, 26 May 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which supra intercooler you running a jza80 or earlier??
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Thu, 26 May 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most people would say the diff, but my standard in the RA28 is holding up to 160+ rwkw, though I treat it nicely.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Thu, 26 May 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pistons ? .. well if you have a really good tune that shouldn't be such a problem.. But they wont like 15psi and detonation.

My T series diff handled 140rwkw without a problem.. Once the power went up to 167rwkw I was breaking diff centres every week.

rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Thu, 26 May 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends on your tuner, if tuned properly then diff - clutch - turbo assuming u run 15 psi or more.
did u have a custom manifold made or an adaptor plate made?
nabs478
Regular

March 2003
    -
Re: Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Fri, 27 May 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AGTE - Not sure which model but its about 45cm by 6cm by about 30cm with the tanks on one end.

Turbo RA28 - I have stock internals.

rb20det - I drilled holes in the stock manifold and tapped them for the stud pattern of the turbo and then made an adapter plate to go between the two of them because the hole on the manifold was a cirlce and the hole for the turbo was rectangular - just to increase flow.

I heard these diffs can be a problem with about 150rwkws. TurboRA28, when you say you were blowing diff centers, do you mean the spider gears or the crown and pinion - I ask this coz I have a TRD 2-way, will this help?? or possibley make it worse do you think??
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Fri, 27 May 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was busting the pinion gear. So it shouldn't make things any better or worse using a TRD LSD centre. Hmm maybe could be worse as you will be getting more traction.
nabs478
Regular

March 2003
    -
Re: Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Fri, 27 May 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so with your 167kws, did you have aftermarket internals?? If so what?? and how much would you say would be safe for the stock internals??
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Fri, 27 May 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id would think pistons would be first to go with much over 150kw
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Fri, 27 May 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have pretty much always ran stronger internals.. drove around for awhile on stock boost and stock internals.. but soon as I planned to get serious with it stripped it down and rebuilt with forgies etc.

nabs478
Regular

March 2003
    -
Re: Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Fri, 27 May 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I couldnt really be bothered at the moment with doing beefing up the internals...maybe later. So any ideas what the stock internals will take??
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Fri, 27 May 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it were me id want to have a bigger i/c before putting the boost up to 15psi for peace of mind
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Sun, 29 May 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 3T GTE is still running stock pistons and internals on 14psi and 145rwhw without any problems.
I do have an intercooler and aftermarket ECU. Get the tuning wrong and the pistons wont last though.

Cheers,
Simon
http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/celica.htm
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost?? Sun, 29 May 2005 17:30 Go to previous message
Yep, the standard pistons will be your limiting factor, personally, I wouldn't run more than 12-14psi on them, until you have enough money to replace them with forged items.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts???
Next Topic:S/C Rebuild's ??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:49:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062098503112793 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.