Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » AE86 drivers = DOG??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
loki boyracer
Regular

October 2004
AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 02:50 Go to next message
Ok, ok, before you all get your backs up, i'd just like to point out that i'm a very happy hachi owner and have been for a while. I've just moved back into the CBD from out west, and have spotted a couple of eight-sixes crusin' round everywhere. What really distresses me is that all of them seem really reserved, one even dogged me heaps bad. When I owned a S13, I could pull up next to one and have a chat, but it seems with hachi drivers, they seem keen to keep what they have done a secret (espechially fellow drifters)
So guys, if you own a silver, white or yellow hachi, and cruise around the epping area and someone flashes you... dont panic, be cool and give a wave!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
purple? Wink

i'm ALWYAS around Epping and i wouldn't dog a fellow ae86 enthusiest, i'd get out and chat!

hope to see you around, what colour/EDIT(specs is your 86?) <--woops, thats in ur sig Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 03:08]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They probably don't want to disclose what they have done because they haven't done anything lol
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Either that or they may not know what the hell they are talking about lol...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 13:51

You mean they dont want to reveal that they have a set of extractors fitted to their turboed vtec monsta?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Possibly that aswell...
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 13:57

Rolla Boy wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 13:51

You mean they dont want to reveal that they have a set of extractors fitted to their turboed vtec monsta?

LOL nice call!

maybe 86 owners are gettin sick of some of the attention they are getting??
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i always get shunned by other sprinter drivers, fucking ghey elitists most are.
either that or they can sense that im a prick and dont want anything to do with me hehe. Rolling Eyes
Instigator_PsY
Regular

December 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last night i was driving my 86 in fairfield some guy in a red SW20 pulled up next to me (he had some ae86 website sticker plastered over his side window) looked at my car and didnt even say a word.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you?
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that'd be a member of the old ID family instigator.. they don't talk that much those guys

i got shunned once when a grey 4ag 86 pulled up next to me and didn't even look at me... since then i dun really pay attention to other 86 drivers either unless i know them
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takumi is reserved and quietly spoken - maybe they are just taking after him ?

Seriously though i duinno what the secrets all about - every other group ive dealt with in the past have been open and happy to chat , flash the lights back + wave etc etc ..

Sorry edit - there is another worse group - Commodore owners - most looks or acnoweleges from them either end in " hairdressers car or jap crap " or looks from the corner of their eyes preparing for traffic light wars ..

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 08:29]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We're not all bad!

I wave to any old school or modified toyota owner i see out on the road!
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We never see any other AE86 drivers that we don't know of up here. Pretty rare to see one here we don't know lol. We have the population covered
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i should be less general - most of the ae86 guys ive met at our meets have been pretty good - though joe public Ae86 owner seems to be the recluse Smile

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man i hate it when other 86 drivers arent friendly. I always wave/nod etc, if i see another 86 who i dont know, if the driver is young or the car looks even slightly modified ill pull them over for a quick chat, see what theyve done and who they know in the scene.

Once this asian guy came to my house to buy my parcel shelf. Just after he gave me the money and picked the shelf up, i started to spark up a quick 86 convo with him. We were in my driveway and i could see him stepping back every 2 or 3 seconds, i was like wtf does this guy need to take a piss or does he just not wanna talk to me lol. I was halfway through a sentence and i could see him stepping back faster and faster, so i just said straight out 'OK then! get lost' halfway through my sentence!!!

he just turned around and walked off... didnt even have the time to talk to me, stubborn bastard
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monkeymajik wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 18:56

We're not all bad!

I wave to any old school or modified toyota owner i see out on the road!

hell yeh i love all Toyota's, i try to get into a chat with any owner of a nice Toyota when they rock up to my work(more time to bludge), from ae82 rolla's to sportivo echo's, aw11's to a new lexus. Hell even some hilux drivers and when i see another ae86 i always wave and if possible pull over and show and talk about all I've got.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont bother asking any more, and this is why they keep quiet. the ocnversation usually goes like this.

me: nice sprinter

takumi: thanks man!

me: nice paint

takumi: cheers, only cost 2 grand

me: nice wheels

takumi: thanks, etc etc

me: so what engine have you got?

takumi: oh, its just stock....

me: oh, stock JDM? thats pretty cool

takumi: no i mean stock, 4AC cant afford to change it or afraid of police or something...

ill usually tell people about my car, but they have to really be interested, as mine looks like absolute ass.

EDIT:

arch, thats too bad, every time i sell a piece of sprinter to a fellow owner, we end up talking for hours, or at least until they really need to go. great way to meet fellow poor car enthusiasts

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:54]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im the complete opposite

ill check a uturn and chase those shy guys down

hahaha but i have found most other owners to be nice guys! and will have a chat n shit. mostly coz i know em already ahahaha

sometimes i wont notice other hachis till they are in my rearview tho Sad makes me sad

does anyone know the bronze ae86 with a pair of work equipe03's on the back and QLD number plates?

seen it 3 times on princes hwy in rockdale last week
tried to chase them down with no luck.

its not just hachis tho
other toyota owners (cept the snobby wog cunts that give me the stinkeye) ill give a wave or a nod. i think i saw spanktown once in his mr2 and give him a thumbs up!
meeves
Regular

July 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heeey did u just cut and paste your post from 86 driving club hehe
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck I dont know about other cities but in Sydney your lucky to even get a hello when you greet someone let alone from some random at the lights after you ask them about their car Laughing If some random bloke flashed their lights or gave me a wave just because they had the same car as me I would highly suspect them of being a homma Laughing

Saying that id still strike up a conversation with an owner of an old celica if I was driving mine,and would gladly answer any questions about my car..
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch I reckon I know that guy. Came to buy some stuff from me and didnt seem to want a chat.

But I think his dad was waiting for him..

I must admit I do snob a few 86 owners off around my area. Just because I have tried to give them a wave before to be ignored.

I am also not very impressed with the way they have modified the car. 17" chromies on the front and 13" stockies on the back dont really do it for me.

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm just scared. I think everyone who looks at me wants to bash me. hahaha
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know of any sprinters up here on the coast.... but if i saw one, i'd certainly give them a wave Smile
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
loki boyracer wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 12:50

Ok, ok, before you all get your backs up, i'd just like to point out that i'm a very happy hachi owner and have been for a while. I've just moved back into the CBD from out west, and have spotted a couple of eight-sixes crusin' round everywhere. What really distresses me is that all of them seem really reserved, one even dogged me heaps bad. When I owned a S13, I could pull up next to one and have a chat, but it seems with hachi drivers, they seem keen to keep what they have done a secret (espechially fellow drifters)
So guys, if you own a silver, white or yellow hachi, and cruise around the epping area and someone flashes you... dont panic, be cool and give a wave!!!

you wouldn't happen to be that guy with the red ae86 with the dent at the front of the bonnet, right in the middle would you?

yeh i wave and try talk to them occasionally. not a nice way to talk when both of you guys have you windows down and screaming

i went to autobarn a long while ago and tried to ask who owned the car there, and the guy who i asked seemed to own it. don't think he liked me very much.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I usually wave etc to mostly any familiar type of toyota I see on the road. Alot of the time I get a wave back, even if they haven't modified their car, they respect the factor that you drive a toyota and are friendly enough to wave to other toyota drivers. Never actually had a "pull-over convo" before, but yeah.

Arch man, that's pretty hardcore, everyone I've sold a car part to, we usually get into a convo and I've actually made alot of toyota enthusiast friends that way...

Kev.
loki boyracer
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 23 May 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah man, really bad white with heaps of stickers.
Guys, the response has been great, even from those of you how I've met at drift meets and seemed really standoffish.
So... I propose a meet then...
perhaps at the 'Spaceship' Shell service station Epping Road on friday night?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Tue, 24 May 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm dude, friday night is Drift night at Oran park

if you want to meet us all, team Ibis is out there, so just look for the skittle aray of hachis

loki boyracer
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Tue, 24 May 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, thats right, sorry, loosing days! Plus the all day Saturday one!!! Ha!!!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Tue, 24 May 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm not to sure how many are actually making the trek to wakefield i know i'm not cos its too far just to spectate. And i might be going to the V8's at eastern creek. I met a few of the Ae86 boys at the last friday night drift session friendly ppl, though i must say i think i'll give friday nights a miss for a while cos the last one was to good at all. PLus at ten bucks for two hours compared to ten bucks or two bucks for a whole day i think i know which one I prefer. Plus you don't have Jeff commentating.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Tue, 24 May 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyone is too cool for school in sydney that's the problem

especially me, i am WAY cool Razz hehehehe Wink
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Wed, 25 May 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found it's easy to talk to the ae86 owners i do not know. Otherwise if I knew em, I give them the finger and cut them off Razz
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Wed, 25 May 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont owna ae86, but when i was in my mates old gze one day, some random guy pulled up next to us in a turbo gemini(i think its one of steves friends) and started asking what motor it had, what had been done to it etc. i didnt want to say anything as it wasnt my car, and my mate doesnt like giving away the details, but told the guy it was gze, then started a convo about how he had a purple one(really steves) and a mate had a orange 20v
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Wed, 25 May 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually i am now thinkig about heading to wakefield on sat who is going and anyone from the cambo area heading down i might follow you in the rona as haven't been there before, won't take my camera and will just enjoy the day if i go.
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Fri, 27 May 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sydney siders are farked with da ghey aidz when I comes to being slightly extroversive in any way. Theres been numerous occasions where I've pulled up next to a modified car, and tried to spark up a convo only to have some prick totally ignore me. Now mind you I don't talk to anyone with snapon covers and a cannon, if I like the car I like to proportion the appropriate kudos. I'll still continue on my trek of good vibes though, fark the carnts if they want to be stuck up wanks there the loser in my eyes as far as I'm concerned, you'd think for such a "victimised minority" we'd actually be civil to each other. Having said that when I met Dez for the first time the champion was under my car trying to find the source of an oil leak in the first 10 minutes, so theres always exceptions to the rule Wink

Regards,

Soapy

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 03:20]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Fri, 27 May 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh maybe some ppl like to keep to themselves and in the current sitch on the road some ppl don't like talking to others. Personally if i had a modded car i might talk to ppl when pulled over but at a set of lights no chance, generally for starters my windows are up.
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Fri, 27 May 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Galactic Soap wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 13:18

Now mind you I don't talk to anyone with snapon covers and a cannon

you wouldnt have spoken to my mate then:P
he was a mechanic and constantly working on the sprinter and only the drivers seat had a snapon cover so its excusable the cannon was fitted by liverpool exhaust, he just told them i want an intercooler, and exhaust and thats what they fitted:P
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Fri, 27 May 2005 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn sprinter fags Razz
SirLyndon
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Fri, 27 May 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man, if even SEEN a sprinter in my area, i'd be flashin lights, windscreen wipers, hazards, and bopping around in the seat while waving at the same time!!

so, look out for a white sprinter with someone resembling a mentally challenged psych-ward-escapee in the drivers seat in the Melton area Very Happy Very Happy

dont forget to wave!!

ps. snobby hachi drivers: leave your ego on the driveway

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 22:37]

rxbenny
Regular

November 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Sat, 28 May 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i may come across as a snobby 86 driver cos whenever i see one i am too slow to wave

ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Sat, 28 May 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hardly ever see any other AE86 owners on the road, but if a do i say hi Smile

I went to a guys house last night to buy some parts, and we ended up talking shit about Sprinters and 4A's for 45mins lol
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Sat, 28 May 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that happens all the time
hah

86 owners love to talk shit haha
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Sat, 28 May 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 20:09

hah

and some like to dream Sad
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Sat, 28 May 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i find alot of dreamers out there like the guy in maccas drive through today asking me if i drift and also telling me about his mates 3.6L 2JZ sprinter Shocked
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Sat, 28 May 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Almost everyone that bought parts of me knew a guy that had sr20det hachi in alot of diferent colour's
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Sun, 29 May 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 20:58

ae86drift wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 20:09

hah

and some like to dream Sad

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
General_Bupkiss
Regular

August 2004
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Mon, 30 May 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha so alot of hachis went to oran park on friday night ey. I was there in my white/silver aw11. If any of you own a red or dark orange 86 and where over taken by a white and silver aw11 coming out of a roundabout on northen road, that was me Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 05:29]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE86 drivers = DOG?? Tue, 31 May 2005 04:16 Go to previous message
nooooo the hachi's went to oran park on friday night, saturday day was a different drift day and only one AE86 there
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:turbo pic
Next Topic:3RD place for Webber
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:35:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069499015808105 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.