Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
My car likes to smoke Sat, 28 May 2005 01:18 Go to next message
Hey i drive and 1985 soarer so it is getting a bit old. lately if i floor it off the line or something at night and look at the car behind me it is all foggy. my exhaust is putting out enough smoke that it is being lit up the the other cars headlights and making the place foggy.

Also when i start my car in the morning the driveway get patches of "soot". I started it just before and reved it up a bit and the driveway was covered in a lot of soot with some liquid mixed with it.

My theory is that it puts a bit of oil into the exhaust and when it is cold it comes out the exhaust but when it is at operating temp it burns in the exhaust pipe.

Does this sound pretty true to people and if so is it easily fixed. Have i got stuffed O rings or something and should i try and fix it or just save up for a new motor (i wouldn't mind putting in the TT)?

Oh and i go through a lot of oil.
  Send a private message to this user    
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: My car likes to smoke Sat, 28 May 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re-ring the engine. This can be done without removing the engine from the car. The cylinder head and sump are removed, the pistons are pulled out through the top of the motor, the piston rings and the bearings that hold the conrods in (conrod bearings or big end bearings) are replaced, and its
put back together.
parts:
piston ring set
conrod bearing set
vrs gasket set (the gaskets to remove and refit the head)
sump gasket

Parts would cost about 2-300.

If you can do it, do it. Otherwise labour is expensive.
But labour would also be expensive for the transplant, and sometimes not everything goes smoothly.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: My car likes to smoke Sat, 28 May 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol. nothing ever goes smoothly especially for me. i have been told that the 1G-GTE(TT motor) and 1G-GEU(my motor) share the same bottom end. so if i am going to remove the heads ect i may as well put back on the TT head and TT the car, i will ask the soarer thread what they think, but if most internals have to be removed i may as well do it all at once right?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: My car likes to smoke Sat, 28 May 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its more likely to be valve stem seals than rings.

Either way, sounds like an engine conversion is on order.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: My car likes to smoke Sat, 28 May 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
valve stem seals are a pain in the arse to replace?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: My car likes to smoke Sat, 28 May 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only if you attempt to do it yourself
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: My car likes to smoke Sat, 28 May 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 15:58

Only if you attempt to do it yourself

Nothing says "dont even think about it, just see a bloody mechanic" better than that line Wink Laughing
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: My car likes to smoke Sat, 28 May 2005 11:57 Go to previous message
don't know if it helps but it is definitely really bad only at high revs. the lower end doesn't do it as bad.

If anyone knows the specs of 1G-GTE and 1G-GEU (i know i have talked a little about it before but i want to be definite before i start something crazy). I can get my hands on a stuffed bottom ended 1G-GTE for really cheap. if i swap heads, pistons (to try and keep the same compression) TT manifold and ECU i should be sweet to run a full boost TT???

The 1G-GTE is only suffering from a stuffed main baring. so i should really be able to put the two together and have a working motor?

[Updated on: Sat, 28 May 2005 12:03]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:93 model cars list
Next Topic:and they thought the price of petrol was high then
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:39:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006019115447998 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.