Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Trying to find an ST185 Celica - Perth

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bigwurm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Trying to find an ST185 Celica - Perth Sat, 28 May 2005 04:56 Go to next message
Hi, I'm trying to source an ST185 Celica, (I think thats the one I'm after - Early 90's, rounded body shape, popup lights) after i sell my 92 Soarer, I'm a bit undecided as to whether I want to get a GT4 but leaning more towards an SX as I'm getting rid of the soarer on the basis that a performance turbo car is too expensive to maintain in terms of of insurance, fuel etc.
And I happen to think that theyre the nicest looking four clynder under 10k.

Any help would be great. Cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Trying to find an ST185 Celica - Perth Sat, 28 May 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try your best to find one that is well maintained. or else you may find yourself in trouble later on.
in my case, i bought one regardless of its condition. it had high kms, oily turbo, and later on the water pump failed. it was only $9000 and it drove well. so i couldnt miss that great opportunity.

since then i have spent about $5000 on repairs, rebuilt engine, rebuilt turbo and crap. and i still need to spend more on suspension and wheels. hopefully that will be it.
there were times i just felt like selling it due to all the shit that was going wrong. but i knew how much i loved the car. and how great it would become once i got everything just right.

good luck man.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 May 2005 07:14]

pug_ski
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: Trying to find an ST185 Celica - Perth Wed, 01 June 2005 05:38 Go to previous message
I've kept an eye on GT4's for sale in Perth since Jan...and I've only seen 2 ST185's come on, and one ST165.

I ended up buying on of those ST185's 2 weeks ago...the other one was listed down at a yard in South Freo, but that was in March or something. Not the most common car in Perth, which is y I badly wanted to upgrade from my SX (ST184)...they r rare, yet have wonderful potensial if u have the money...which unfortunately I do not atm. Razz

atm my 184 needs a *lot* of work just to get it road worthy (got a yellow sticker for a small crack in the windscreen only to run it by the pits and find out it's leaking oil everywhere, and coolant too Shocked )...I've got some tax $$$ coming in with my return (already worked it all out) so I'll be fixing it enough to make it road worthy and hopefully sellable for around $5-7k...doubt I'd get it but.

Anyways, it's black...but if ur interested, it just might be a few months yet...so yer, don't go holding out eh? Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fs 86 sydney
Next Topic:JZX90 MarkII Tourer V
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:58:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045750141143799 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.