Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3tgte wont start after new Cams.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hayden
Newcomer

May 2005
3tgte wont start after new Cams. Sat, 28 May 2005 07:43 Go to next message
Hi there, I have just swapped camshafts, line up the Square cut outs with the arrows on the top of the journels, the ones that point toward you when you are standing infront of the engine... I set square cut out in the cam shafts up with those arrows whilst at top dead centre (The 2nd mark on the crank, if you were turning it clockwise) - and made sure it was TDC by putting a screw driver down the spark plug whole.

I then turned it over again to 10BTDC to set the distributer up, I have the Longer Rotor thing pointing at R1 (rear spark on cyc 1 - they fire at the same time?)

But it will not start, turning the engine over by hand, the spark plug fires at TDC on cyclinder 1(R1) or a bit before... but it wont start damnit.

Havent got a compression gauge to check if theres compression.

Anyone got any ideas? Looks as if its the Cam timing...

http://zl2bau.co.nz/x.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 28 May 2005 07:50]

Send a private message to this user    
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: 3tgte wont start after new Cams. Sat, 28 May 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check that both the intake and exhaust valves are shut. It might be at TDC, but not on the compression stroke...
Hayden
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: 3tgte wont start after new Cams. Sat, 28 May 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I set the distributer up, i made sure the lobes were point to the left for intake and to the right for exhaust, this is TDC on compression stroke yes?
Hayden
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: 3tgte wont start after new Cams. Sat, 28 May 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I should revise my first post, I set the cam timing on TDC, then turn it over once, then again and stopped at TDC, then set the timing, by pointing the bigger rotor thing at R1.

Do the spark plugs fire at the same time? cause the smaller one doesnt appear to be pointing to F1 while the big one is pointing at R1

[Updated on: Sat, 28 May 2005 08:11]

sxr01r
Regular

November 2003
Re: 3tgte wont start after new Cams. Sat, 28 May 2005 14:57 Go to previous message
dude. because you would have had to take out the distributor the timing is prob wrong on the engine. it cranks over and just wont start yeh. undo the distributor and move it around a little bit at a time from one extreme to the other till it will run although probably very iratticly. then throw a timing light on it to get it spot on. hope this helps a little. im guessing that providing you lined everything up right and all injectors and distributor are plugged in, that this is about the only thing possibly wrong.

all the best
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fitting Oil Temp guage to Blue top 4AGE
Next Topic:JZA70 ECU
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 23:12:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058460235595703 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.