Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » FREZIN MY ASS OFF - ma70 heater not working!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

icon4.gif  FREZIN MY ASS OFF - ma70 heater not working! Sat, 28 May 2005 08:08 Go to next message
Has anyone else had problems with their heaters in their MA70's?

I've checked the vacumn hoses, and they are all connected right. Whether or not i put the AC button in, i have the temp up to max on the climate control. Currently, if i put the fan onto "auto" the bastard is blowing in cold air from outside!

Suggestions?

thanks
Blake
  Send a private message to this user    
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: FREZIN MY ASS OFF - ma70 heater not working! Sat, 28 May 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check to make sure your water lines are all hooked up... Rolling Eyes

u prob know that but yeah its an easy problem to fix
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: FREZIN MY ASS OFF - ma70 heater not working! Sat, 28 May 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke35 - 4AGZE wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 18:11

check to make sure your water lines are all hooked up... Rolling Eyes
u prob know that but yeah its an easy problem to fix

Ive been driving the car for the last 18 months, and this problem has occured for the last 12 or so. So im sure if the hoses were hooked up wrong id know about it
Bert
Regular

May 2003
Re: FREZIN MY ASS OFF - ma70 heater not working! Sat, 28 May 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like there is no hot water from the engine going into the heater core.....
maybe the heater tap is old and jamming up? that would be a good place to start. get some one to operate the climate control from hot to cold and watch the heater tap to see if it switches. if it doesnt, then there is no water going into the core and no hot air!
or there is no vacumn going to the heater tap? that would cause the tap not to switch.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: FREZIN MY ASS OFF - ma70 heater not working! Sat, 28 May 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im thinking that switch might be not clicking in, to let the hot water through. it seemed a bit stiff when i tried to do it manually....
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: FREZIN MY ASS OFF - ma70 heater not working! Sat, 28 May 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the in-car temp control does not connect mechanically to the water valve.

suggestion?

-warm car up
-open hood and look at vacuum-controlled water valve (on firewall, pass side)
-get someone inside car to set the temp to cold, then shift it all the way to hot - you should see valve operate
-if no operation then is either not getting vacuum - or the VSV that switches vacuum to the unit is not being energised

also, see the TSRM on climate control troubleshooting: <www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/ac/AC_15.h tml>

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FREZIN MY ASS OFF - ma70 heater not working! Sun, 29 May 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After changing the HG in my MX83, the heater did not work, so I sat it in my driveway (slight up hill - front up) and let it idle with the rad cap off, eventually there were some air bubbles int eh cooling systems that came out and the heater started working.

Mines hotter than it ever has been now! Smile
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FREZIN MY ASS OFF - ma70 heater not working! Sun, 29 May 2005 22:48 Go to previous message
My car has done exactly the same thing... some days it would work, some it wouldn't until i'm at the point now where it doesn't work at all

Dan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help wiring SV21 Cruise Control
Next Topic:AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:11:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046300888061523 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.