Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 28 May 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown, that 2 looks prity clean man. hard to say with photos though (shit, even the feral looks ok in photos Razz ), a personal inspection would be the only/best way to suss it out properly. if you didnt like the black and blue 'seat covers' they are easy to take off. as for the mechanics of the car only conversation with the seller would reveale what actualy is in it (not speculation), and any good seller should be able to back up their claims.

wiso
Quote:

they absolutly killed my 56K connection Razz

try it on a 14.4K connection, my internet surfing is fast becoming extremely fukin frustrateing... Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 28 May 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 22:33

wiso
Quote:

they absolutly killed my 56K connection Razz

try it on a 14.4K connection, my internet surfing is fast becoming extremely fukin frustrateing... Mad

Dang.. you win, well at least we are on page 44 now and we can leave that page behind Shocked
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 28 May 2005 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm wellllll looks like im single again, bloody chicks. No offence to the ladies viewin this thread. I seem to have "stuff me around" written on my forhead! Evil or Very Mad
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 28 May 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 05:02

hmmmm wellllll looks like im single again, bloody chicks. No offence to the ladies viewin this thread. I seem to have "stuff me around" written on my forhead! Evil or Very Mad

Good for you mate,more time for the AW11 Wink
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 29 May 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Took the yellow beast out before, so nice to drive. For some reason i had some initial d music goin felt............ really weird!
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 29 May 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 05:02

Clown,

Sorry to hear that, but at the end of the day it may be for the best.

So was that the chick in your avatar ? looks like you might have to change it Laughing Laughing Laughing

By the way i saw a Yellow JDM sc for sale in yellow on the trading post have you seen it ?

Also for everyone else there is a huuge range of SCs for sale ATM sus them out on the trady, carpoint, carsales etc

There is a nice white one in Queensland the owner Matt has been on toymods before looks very nice white / silver, t tops nice wheels exhaust and COIL OVERS, i am in the process of persuading him to do a swap for some standard struts with kmacs and konis.

he wants 11 grand for it ? any takers ??? minus the coil overs Very Happy
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 29 May 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naaa not chick in my av. kinda looks similar though. Was lookin for a car for her. but stuff her she can look herself now.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 29 May 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 00:39

naaa not chick in my av. kinda looks similar though.

yeah you wish.... Laughing

well seeing i busted my feroza yesterday Evil or Very Mad i'll have to change the gear shifter cables in the feral today (day off), need to be able to get to work and back until i can remove the whole front diff assembly/driveshaft etc from the feroza. putting e51 shifter cables in, so my gear stick will be in the right place since 99. haha
might as well do a ghetto quick shift/short throw the new cable set-up as well. Razz
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 29 May 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 00:39

naaa not chick in my av. kinda looks similar though. .

in that case kudos on the rack Razz

feral: what did you do to the feroza ? blow it up with the turbo .......
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 08:40

until i can remove the whole front diff assembly/driveshaft etc from the feroza.

I have a feeling that he buggered his diff in the feroza toof Rolling Eyes

also may be good news I should be getting the 2 back in the next couple of days, it was haveing AFM problems, but I went into today to give the auto elec a hand and I devised a solution Rolling Eyes (isn't that what I am paying him for? Laughing )

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 19:54

i hang my head in shame that some of you are bashing someones aw11, i thought only the immiture punks in the states did that.. Sad

Feral,

I think i may have made some not so nice comments but i would not have called it bashing.

I know that everyone has there own ideas on what looks good to them , that is "beauty is in the eye of the beerholder" etc

But while saying that the comment was only a personal opinion.

I love AW11s and modification is a personal thing, everyone is entitled to there opinion.

I just thought (my personal opinion) that i would not do it like that...thats all.

But to go further i think certain things can grow on you, for example on my car i did not especially like the wheels or wing its way over the top for me but i have sort of grown to like it and after seeing the pics of it from a previous owner if i get some different wheels and put back on the original wing it will sort of loose its identity.

What does EVERYONE reckon should i KEEP or LOOSE the bling wing and wheels ???????

Sorry if i offended Crying or Very Sad

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can't try and explain your way out of it now scott, the damage is done No No No Razz

no i reckon keep your wing and wheels if you like them, as you said, its a personal thing. it makes it look differant. differant can be good. Smile I reckon it looks phat, unlike the big wing I had on mine Rolling Eyes , that was crap, what were they thinking Confused
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 11:49

I have a feeling that he buggered his diff in the feroza toof Rolling Eyes

well the diff itself is ok, but the housing is in about 3 peices. check out my thread in off topic... Evil or Very Mad

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 14:27

What does EVERYONE reckon should i KEEP or LOOSE the bling wing and wheels ???????

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NOT THE BLING! Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 16:02

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NOT THE BLING! Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

See what you have gone and done Fat...you have made me all self conscious Rolling Eyes

So should they stay or should they go ?

I assume by your comment they should stay... i know you love the BLING !! Laughing Laughing

By the way how is the selling off going ??
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 14:27

It didn't even stand up to me silver soldering on the outside of the pipes..

You might be able to get some sort of DIY ceramic coating which would do the job.

Sorry to keep hassling you Ben, but any idea where to get this stuff from?
I've been getting the run around with techline coatings over in the US, they're meant to be hooking me up with an Australian distributor Rolling Eyes. Know of any others?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keep it man. Looks very......well, BLING Very Happy

I've sold off the manifold and the exhaust. Looks like the turbo may be going soon too. I just got it rebuilt again.
I really havent had a chance to go and take more of it apart. This weekend i will try to get the engine and gearbox out.

If anyone wants any parts they are in the classifieds section.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 17:10

You might be able to get some sort of DIY ceramic coating which would do the job.

I've been getting the run around with techline coatings over in the US, they're meant to be hooking me up with an Australian distributor Rolling Eyes. Know of any others?

Go to competition coatings and get it coated. Just a thought Rolling Eyes
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 17:14

If anyone wants any parts they are in the classifieds section.

i still need organise a time to pick up some stuff from u fat Smile
you didnt receive the last pm and sms i sent you?
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've got you're replacement wing right here gunmetal!!!

http://www.users.on.net/~adamb131/images/IMG_1745.jpg Surprised
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude that thing is 3 times the size of the car Surprised Shocked Laughing

ohh yeah I drove my car back from the auto elecs tonight. it lives Very Happy

ok now I have a question, do 4agze's have a slight delay for the revs to drop after letting off the throtle? very slight? cause of the length of the intake piping?

other than that all I can say is cool Very Happy a few little things to do now though, before I boost her.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought I posted this Q already but can't seem to find it....
Has anyone seen the AW11 single wiper mod.?
Met a guy who had swapped in a hiace van rear window wiper motor into his AW and was running just the passenger side wiper in a big arch right across the windscreen.
Never seen this guy again so can't check out his car and see how it was really set up.
Dunno how useful it would be? But it looked cool and he said the chicks dig it! Wink
Anyone got any more info???

adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 19:06

Maybe only 1 and a half times bigger Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.users.on.net/~adamb131/images/DSC00972sm.jpg
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i put the passengers wiper arm on the drivers side once, looked ok but didnt cover enough window for my liking.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 19:36

Maybe only 1 and a half times bigger Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.users.on.net/~adamb131/images/DSC00972sm.jpg

im sorry but that wing looks ridiculos on an aw11
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

ghetto quick shift kit... Mon, 30 May 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it turns out the old na shift cables where ok, but i pulled the interior apart before i found what the actual problem was. Embarassed
oh well, i wanted to put in the gze ones to center my gear shift knob anyways. Laughing
http://img282.echo.cx/img282/2540/seatsout2lo.th.jpghttp://img186.echo.cx/img186/5216/bitsout9yw.th.jpg

heres the 2 together, there was bugger all differnce in the cable lengths.
http://img282.echo.cx/img282/8913/shiftercables4xm.th.jpg

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ghetto quick shift kit... Mon, 30 May 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pulled the knuckle bit out and traced the casing's shape onto some 3mm aluminium sheet. the knuckle needs a plate with a hole the size of the plastic doobie that the shift rod ball swivels in to stop it pulling out.
traced it out and marked the holes, drilled the holes. cut it out with the ol jigsaw (man i cant wait to buy an airsaw). gave it a little sand on the edges and bolted it up. now the kit i have seen used thick plate to space the shifter down, i couldnt be stuffed trying to cut the thick stuff and just spaced it with washers.
http://img282.echo.cx/img282/6937/plate10qh.th.jpghttp://img282.echo.cx/img282/1077/plate29tu.th.jpghttp://img282.echo.cx/img282/1255/plate32gz.th.jpg
http://img282.echo.cx/img282/771/plate48kb.th.jpghttp://img282.echo.cx/img282/7193/plate68ly.th.jpghttp://img282.echo.cx/img282/7228/plate57qs.th.jpg

then i use a small tab of aluminium to raise the hieght of the cable linkage.
http://img282.echo.cx/img282/4660/tab10fx.th.jpghttp://img282.echo.cx/img282/3098/tab20nn.th.jpghttp://img282.echo.cx/img282/2508/tab32kd.th.jpg

diffinatly made the throw shorter between gears Very Happy, and the wierd thing is the shift doesnt seem as notchy.

changeing the shifter cables with the turbo there was a right bastard, dont try it if you have the patience and a temper like mine. Rolling Eyes Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: ghetto quick shift kit... Mon, 30 May 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the drop plate makes a big difference to the shift i found on my car also allowed me to have my arm sitting on the center console while holding the gear nob instead of my arm being 2" off the centre console nice pics feral looks like a good job
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 18:35

Adam,

That is very nice but i dont think it offers enough BLIIIING

maybe if you could get it gold plated or something ??

Maybe some carbon fibre bi plane like wing extension on the top ??

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You would not need to worry about downforce as it looks like it weighs a TON Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

But i really do appreciate the thought
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could probably drive upside down on the roof at 160km/h with that thing
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ok now I have a question, do 4agze's have a slight delay for the revs to drop after letting off the throtle? very slight? cause of the length of the intake piping?

So... is anyone gonna help me on my little query ? Rolling Eyes
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea mine did it a little too. Wink
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 21:53

i used to noticed my revs go up just a little when i let off the throttle
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 21:53

Yep i can say that my 1988 white/silver aw11sc has a slight delay when throttle is released before the revs drop,although i do not remember this being apparent in my old 1986 blue aw11sc.
Hope this helps.
Regards Neil.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 May 2005 14:36]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 17:15

davedave wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 17:10

Go to competition coatings and get it coated. Just a thought Rolling Eyes

What would it be worth to get a manifold and about a metre and a half of intercooler piping done? Techline want about $70 for enough stuff to coat it.
I've got a bit of a problem with paying people to do a job that I can almost always do better myself though...
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave - The only place I can remember seeing it was in a Deamon Tweeks catalog from the UK a few years ago.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 30 May 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks again Ben, I'll keep hassling Techline I think.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: ghetto quick shift kit... Mon, 30 May 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 21:06

yeah the drop plate makes a big difference to the shift i found on my car also allowed me to have my arm sitting on the center console while holding the gear nob instead of my arm being 2" off the centre console nice pics feral looks like a good job

looks like a nice job there feral... now that you have the pattern down pat you dont want to make a couple more do you.....
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: ghetto quick shift kit... Tue, 31 May 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its pretty easy robs aw11 mr2 website has it on there i think ive made one for a friend of mine using perspex as thats what the twos are us ones are made out of u dont need to use alluminum we even made a dodgy one out of wood until the shops opened so we could get the perspex and that worked just as well as the persopex alltho i wouldnt use it for a long term solution
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanks guys thats a little relief, its probably a bit more in mine cause I have the pipes going across the engine to the ic under the gear box.

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh god I love driving her again Very Happy

umm one problem before I can connect the sc clutch and boost, My knock sensor was damaged when fitting Rolling Eyes so my error code 52 is always coming up, does anybody have one of these spare, or know where I can get one, I have PM'd fat, but he doesn't seem to be on here much anymore. anybody else?
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugger - I just noticed that I'd broken mine on the weekend, luckily I don't need it anymore (Haltech)
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have this odd feeling that a 7mgte one will suffice as well.. and is more metal then plastic unlike the 4a one... just a thought... im imagine being toyota many of them would be interchangable..
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 15:28

umm one problem before I can connect the sc clutch and boost, My knock sensor was damaged when fitting Rolling Eyes so my error code 52 is always coming up, does anybody have one of these spare, or know where I can get one, I have PM'd fat, but he doesn't seem to be on here much anymore. anybody else?

glad you have her back ! and to see you so excited Very Happy

What else to be done before you start the SC ?

Cant wait to see your first post once you have gone for a spin with it !! Your fuel consumption will be out the window Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 15:28

i have done exactly the same thing real pain in the ass i think from memory they ar $220 and a 3 week wait from castle hill toyota.

good luck finding a spare all i did was back off the timing a bit and seems to be running ok i hope until the new computer is in

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:43]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ghetto quick shift kit... Tue, 31 May 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 09:20

looks like a nice job there feral... now that you have the pattern down pat you dont want to make a couple more do you.....

typical me i didnt make a pattern etc, just drilled some holes and cut it up. and i was in such a mood after doing the cables that i didnt even think of tracing it out on some paper... Rolling Eyes

my mate here wants one, so i'll probably cut a few more up when i get around to doing it.

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well when you are in a cutting mood ill put my hand up for two Razz
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 21:27

adamb131 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 18:35

You would not need to worry about downforce as it looks like it weighs a TON Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ok, I've given up trying to sell it...
Have a hard time trying to give it away to a Hyundai driver.
It actually weighs 2 kilograms... quite light can hold it up with one pinky. And it did create a LOT of down force... felt like the back of the car was gonna rip off at about 120k's.
Maybe I'll put it back on when I do the respray on the SC. i get a personal chuckle at the reaction it gets from everyone.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam,

2kg thats pretty light !!

I just weighed the standard spoiler and its just over 4 kg.

The benifit of your wing is that because it is so high i rekon it would see all clean air over the roof so if its the right shape i could believe it make heaps of downforce ( unfortunately not enough to drive upside down as 4agte would have hoped Laughing Laughing , i have tested the standard one and it pretty well sees no clean air at all.

The other benifit is that it is so high that you could see underneath it Laughing Laughing but seriously it is a bit of a prob with mine not that it really blocks the vision but at night peoples headlights from behind are split by the wing and is very distracting.

I cant believe the Hyundai driver did not want it.....maybe it just was not BIG enough !!! Laughing Laughing

Get Feral to make a couple of extensions for it then its sure to sell, otherwise i reckon put it back on, as they say nothing succeeds like excess !!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im gonna put a gt wing on mine they look really good on an aw11 but ill wait till the car is not a daily driver which will be soon cause i have a new job near a railway station yay!! Very Happy

in my opinion the rookie bodykit is the best bodykit for the aw11 as it adds to the existing lines of the aw11 unlike almost all other bodykits for the aw11 which ruin the original shape im thinking of getting one made for my car
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof, yeah I am actually wondering about that, I have a 3sgte in my celica, that has a knock sensor Rolling Eyes you do the math

scott, not much, would love to get my tacho working first, and am gonna put a thermo fan on the IC instead of any water sprayer.

4agte, dude did you actually replace yours? when you say buggered, did it keep setting the engine light off all the time, cause I have mine retarded a bit anyway and it still keeps setting the light off.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 20:30

The benifit of your wing is that because it is so high i rekon it would see all clean air over the roof so if its the right shape i could believe it make heaps of downforce

yes i agree a high wing would be benifitial too. maybe i should build a new bigger version of this....

http://img74.echo.cx/img74/5849/pic10fl.th.jpghttp://img74.echo.cx/img74/6541/pic25xd.th.jpg

with the 2 different style side scoops (more lambo style. hehe) that i have now maybe a high mount wing will look ok. Razz

i've always like the look of this beast..
http://img74.echo.cx/img74/4752/hotcar5ty.th.jpg

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah havent replaced mine yet i wont be needing it with the new ecu so there is no point the engine light allways stays on but you get used to it from memory its also a pain in the backside to change as its under the inlet manifold from memory???

I think the factory ecu is also overfueling and retarding timing to compensate altho i cannot confirm this can anyone here??

godda love owning an aw11 went past a highway patrol tonight doing naughty speeds he turns arround follows me for about a minuite then sits behind me at the lights then turns left instead of following me Very Happy try pulling that in a skyline or silvia Very Happy
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 20:37

im gonna put a gt wing on mine they look really good on an aw11 but ill wait till the car is not a daily driver which will be soon cause i have a new job near a railway station yay!! Very Happy

in my opinion the rookie bodykit is the best bodykit for the aw11 as it adds to the existing lines of the aw11 unlike almost all other bodykits for the aw11 which ruin the original shape im thinking of getting one made for my car

Good luck with the new job !

Have you got any pics or links for these body kits ?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i do but its on the other computer ill post them up later tonight.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh yeah found this one while i was lookin for the pics of the body kit

http://img50.echo.cx/img50/6249/driftdamage0059hm.th.jpg

This is what happens to your control arm when you hit a gutter at 80km/h
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here are the pics of the rookie kit

http://img50.echo.cx/img50/1289/bkitrookie052et.th.jpg

http://img50.echo.cx/img50/6079/bkitrookie064ch.th.jpg

http://img50.echo.cx/img50/3481/bkitrookie085hv.th.jpg

enjoy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 31 May 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a very simple bodykit but in my mind gun metal it just improves the lines of an allready beatifull car
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats not a bad kit - I wouldnt get the skirts myself, but the front splitter is not bad.

Where can I get one?
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 01 June 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Yep,

Thats not too bad, the skirts look a bit strange with the curve in it tho. But you only like it 4agte because of the colour scheme Laughing Laughing

It actually reminds me of the buddy club kit the pics i had were also on a two tone, will see if i can find it, there was a dood about 6 months ago selling the front bar on Toymods, the best way i could describe it was its very similar to the original kit just pumped up on steroids, but bigger, lower, wider etc

Feral, the new set up looks good is this underway or is this a completely new set up ? Also i way having a look at your road trip thread and it seems to end fairly abruptly am i missing something ? but from what i did see it looked awesome ! Very Happy
Pages (84): [ «  <  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:30:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014948844909668 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.