Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » My 3SGTE AE86 Sprinter Now with NEW pics. Dyno Sheet!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: My 3SGTE Sprinter Now with NEW pics. Plus my 2nd AE86 (updated 15/9/04) Wed, 22 September 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver where did you get your side skirts?

And how much?

If I put the front splitter I'll be looking at putting the side skirts as well.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 September 2004 04:01]

Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: My 3SGTE Sprinter Now with NEW pics. Plus my 2nd AE86 (updated 15/9/04) Wed, 22 September 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those clear indicators were made from my mums plastic rain shields from her Mazda! Laughing

yeah i had the splitter on the car without the sideskirts for a while, looked like Mr Plow Surprised

Sideskirts were from _T_ (Toby) off the forums, they are fibreglass copies (very good quality) at $250 + freight from Melb.

I'll be attending the Show & Shine, along with the usual ae86 clan

[Updated on: Wed, 22 September 2004 01:39]

John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: My 3SGTE Sprinter Now with NEW pics. Plus my 2nd AE86 (updated 15/9/04) Thu, 23 September 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool!

I'll see you at the Toyfest. Smile
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: My 3SGTE Sprinter Now with NEW pics. Plus my 2nd AE86 (updated 15/9/04) Mon, 27 September 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/509000-509999/509080_37_full.jpg

After driving it, it felt more like 250 rwkw. Shocked
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: My 3SGTE Sprinter Now with NEW pics. (updated 27/9/04) Dyno Sheet!! Mon, 27 September 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats awesome!

My old sprinter with its 4agte and 160rwkw was insane to drive, so this much be so uber sweet Shocked
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: My 3SGTE Sprinter Now with NEW pics. (updated 27/9/04) Dyno Sheet!! Mon, 27 September 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Spanktown, yeah dude she's a handful. Very Happy

I can't get over the fact that the diff is still standard
and going strong. Shocked
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: My 3SGTE Sprinter Now with NEW pics. (updated 27/9/04) Dyno Sheet!! Mon, 27 September 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha i ran a t50 and standard diff behind my car........ didnt break in a year.
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: My 3SGTE Sprinter Now with NEW pics. (updated 27/9/04) Dyno Sheet!! Mon, 27 September 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a difference between driving a car hard and
abusing your car as if its stolen.

I've beaten WRX's, V8's, XR6 Turbo's etc, with a standard
sprinter diff (single spinner drum brakes) Laughing
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My 3SGTE AE86 Sprinter Now with NEW pics. (updated 27/9/04) Dyno Sheet!! Tue, 28 September 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john, looks like the turbo did wonders... nice.

by the way the beast looks gorgeous mate, we will have to go out for a drive soon.

Brad
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: My 3SGTE AE86 Sprinter Now with NEW pics. (updated 27/9/04) Dyno Sheet!! Tue, 28 September 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Brad,

The Turbo is a screamer. Very Happy Thanks heaps.

Meet up & a drive sounds good. You going to the Toyfest?

If you ever wanna sell your new Turbo let me know. Laughing
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My 3SGTE AE86 Sprinter Now with NEW pics. (updated 27/9/04) Dyno Sheet!! Tue, 28 September 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The Turbo is a screamer. Thanks heaps.

Meet up & a drive sounds good. You going to the Toyfest?

If you ever wanna sell your new Turbo let me know.

good to hear mate, glad to be of service.
No not going to it this year just too much happening for me at the moment.

LOL give me a year and i will let you know. LOL
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: My 3SGTE AE86 Sprinter Now with NEW pics. (updated 27/9/04) Dyno Sheet!! Tue, 28 September 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

LOL give me a year and i will let you know. LOL

One year, hmmm "excellent" ( Mr Burns voice ) Evil or Very Mad
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: My 3SGTE Sprinter Now with NEW pics. Plus my 2nd AE86 (updated 15/9/04) Tue, 26 October 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 09:57

nice work, was the engine installed by a brad in milperra by any chance?

Just saw the question. Yeah man Brad did pretty much everything, the guys a Genius IMO.

How/Where do you know him from?
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: My 3SGTE Sprinter Now with NEW pics. Plus my 2nd AE86 (updated 15/9/04) Mon, 01 November 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just had the gauges installed, picture quality sucks but will get better ones during the day.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/509080_43_full.jpg
Necros
Regular

September 2002
Re: My 3SGTE AE86 Sprinter Now with NEW pics. (updated 27/9/04) Dyno Sheet!! Thu, 04 November 2004 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Dude,

Sweet looking car Smile I was going to do a 3s-gte converison on my ae86 too... Ended up going for a 4agte because of cost and weight distribution.

One thing that may not help with oil in a rwd 3sgte is they are designed to sit on a 15 degree angle. yours looks to be 0 degrees?

3S-GTEs only have oil drain holes on one side of the head, so a few hard right corners at WOT on a track could blow the motor too... Ive heard of it happening. A few oil drain holes on the exhaust side the head is cheap insurance!

Anyways, my 2c... Great car!
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: My 3SGTE AE86 Sprinter Now with NEW pics. (updated 27/9/04) Dyno Sheet!! Sun, 07 November 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Necros wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 10:54

Hey Dude,

Sweet looking car Smile I was going to do a 3s-gte converison on my ae86 too... Ended up going for a 4agte because of cost and weight distribution.

One thing that may not help with oil in a rwd 3sgte is they are designed to sit on a 15 degree angle. yours looks to be 0 degrees?

3S-GTEs only have oil drain holes on one side of the head, so a few hard right corners at WOT on a track could blow the motor too... Ive heard of it happening. A few oil drain holes on the exhaust side the head is cheap insurance!

Anyways, my 2c... Great car!

Thanks.

The sump has been modified, bigger, extended oil pick up, extra baffles. The motor in it at the moment has been going very strong. Have taken hundreds of very hard right corners with no problems at all, but thanks for letting me know.

I will be building an st205 3sgte with all the oil galleries done properly, forged internals, running a dry sump, just in case Very Happy Guaranteed no oil problems at all. Don't like engines that sit on an angle, they just look wrong.

By the way for those of you who have been following the mods on my car would know that I'm running a standard aus spec diff, and i just wanted to let you know its still going strong. I can't believe how strong they are. Shocked
ozboy
Regular

February 2004
Re: My 3SGTE AE86 Sprinter Now with NEW pics. (updated 27/9/04) Dyno Sheet!! Sun, 07 November 2004 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car is amazing but what is the point of having two tachos??? that to me is just extra weight! apart from that wow when you get the new engine ill buy this one of you!!! save me turning the engine around Cool
Have fun and please go past me sideways somewhere Shocked
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: My 3SGTE AE86 Sprinter Now with NEW pics. (updated 27/9/04) Dyno Sheet!! Sun, 07 November 2004 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ozboy wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 16:18

car is amazing but what is the point of having two tachos??? that to me is just extra weight!

The original tacho does not work, plus there's no shift light on it, and believe me with the power the car has I can afford the weight. Cool Plus I weigh 110kg, why do you think I went with the 3sgte. No 4age could drive my fat arse around. Laughing
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: My 3SGTE AE86 Sprinter Now with NEW pics. (updated 27/9/04) Dyno Sheet!! Sun, 29 May 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have some new photos up soon.

Plus for those interested I ran down the 1/4 at WSID

13.4 @ 108 mph with shocking 60 foot times. (street tyres, stock diff)

Stock diff still going strong, can't believe it.
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: My 3SGTE AE86 Sprinter Now with NEW pics. Dyno Sheet!! Sun, 29 May 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John K,

Love your car mate, its bloody wicked Very Happy

nice wheels too Wink, you car is everything i want mine to be although i'd stick with the 4A Razz
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: My 3SGTE AE86 Sprinter Now with NEW pics. Dyno Sheet!! Sat, 04 June 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats gonna be fkn sweet to drive
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My 3SGTE AE86 Sprinter Now with NEW pics. Dyno Sheet!! Sat, 04 June 2005 11:42 Go to previous message
lookin good my old mate
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RWDboy 1986 ST162 - running, but prolly not for long
Next Topic:Girlfiriend's Silvia S13 - SR20DET
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:40:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068950653076172 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.