Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts??? Sun, 29 May 2005 06:02 Go to next message
Hey just got my self a JDM treuno coupe (AE85 !!!) has a JDM RWD 4AGE conversion and thats just bout it. just playing around with it today i looked under the car to check out the diff and i notice it has no sway bar (or the mounts ) so just wondering if the AE85s diffs or coupes came with no rear sway bars??? and i dunno could it possibly be a T18??? how can i check THANKS JoHnNy_K
  Send a private message to this user    
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts??? Sun, 29 May 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know for a fact my T-18 and all i have seen have rear sway bars factory.
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts??? Sun, 29 May 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
post up a pic of your cars rear end
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts??? Sun, 29 May 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my t-18 didn't have swaybars

ae85's came with swaybars

u have a t-18 diff
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts??? Sun, 29 May 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok pics will be up soon (as soon as my friend takes some pics of it) , shiri or anyone else is there anyway i can do to check if its a T-18 ???, i rang up the preivous owner and asked him if hes ever changed the diff but he said he hasnt. But yeah confused now, be awesome if its a T-18 , but from what the previous owners done to it, it seems it wouldnt have a T-18.
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts??? Sun, 29 May 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
early T-18s didnt, the later ones did
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts??? Sun, 29 May 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some t18s came with swaybars, some didnt

id say the rear end is a s series
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts??? Sun, 29 May 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My ae85 hatch came with a rear sway bar..
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts??? Sun, 29 May 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
definelty time for a pic, take one from where the tailshaft joins on if you can
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts??? Sun, 29 May 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok got a friend to take pics of it tomorow , so hopefully pics should be up tomorow as well
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts??? Sun, 29 May 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john
come round here and gimme a look and ill tell ya what you got
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts??? Sun, 29 May 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of rear swaybar mounts -

who in melbourne would like to help me out either thursday - friday daytime , sat or sunday night, or monday - tuesday - wednesday daytime next week welding swaybarmounts (precut) to a t18 diff and swapping out my s series?

I have a bent axle and I am supposed to be driving a long distance next week - don't want to pay some bastard to do it for me and I have no garage (already pushed the front-yard mechanic thing).

there will be a slab of the finest beer of your choice (that you can get at liqourland) up for grabs!

Cheers
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE85 coupe... no rear sway bar mounts??? Sun, 29 May 2005 22:40 Go to previous message
Identifying the diff series is easy - the S series diff only has 8 bolts to hold the centre into the housing, the T series has 10. You'll have an early T18 diff as eluded to above also.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FREZIN MY ASS OFF - ma70 heater not working!
Next Topic:Weakest link, 3TGTE set up, what boost??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:53:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006152868270874 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.