Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Wanted: JZA70 1JZ-GTE Auto Tranny ECU Picture.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Wanted: JZA70 1JZ-GTE Auto Tranny ECU Picture. Fri, 27 May 2005 12:12 Go to next message
Looking for a picture of a automatic transmission computer found in a JZA70 Surpa with the 1JZ-GTE engine.
Bought a front cut and can't find the ecu for the auto.
Thanks,
Chris.
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Wanted: JZA70 1JZ-GTE Auto Tranny ECU Picture. Fri, 27 May 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you looking for a picture of one or the ecu pinouts? I think the pinouts would be better to use.

Do a search in tech section by a post from Mr 1JZ, it has links in there. Could be more than a couple of days old.
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Wanted: JZA70 1JZ-GTE Auto Tranny ECU Picture. Sat, 28 May 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A picture of the actual ecu so I can see if I've got it in this front cut I've got.
There's heaps of ecu's, some have what they are written on them and others don't.
- Chris.
JZA70T
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: Wanted: JZA70 1JZ-GTE Auto Tranny ECU Picture. Sun, 29 May 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The auto is run by the ECU there is not a separate computer for the Auto Tranny. The Cars ECU is situated above the glove box!!!
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Wanted: JZA70 1JZ-GTE Auto Tranny ECU Picture. Sun, 29 May 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks dude Smile And yeah, I know where the auto ECU is.
I've stripped the interior of the front cut and pulled out all the ECUs that I came across.
It's just I've read reference to an ECT (electronically controlled transmission) ECU which controls the auto box and it says it's located in the kick panel on the passenger side, and in my front cut all that's there is a relay board, the power steering ECU and wiper control ECU.
Apparently the ECT ECU is about the size of a cigarette packet with a single plug in one end with around 18 or so pins. I've come across an ECU that fits this description but this one doesn't say what it's for on the side like the other ECUs do. This one is coloured grey with a 14 pin plug and just has a sticker that says...
88650-14260
077100-4512
12V
DENSO JAPAN
My friend has a JZX90 Mk2 Tourer (Chaser) with the 1JZ-GTE and says his ECT ECU is under the front passenger seat.

- Chris.
maverick
Regular

November 2004
Re: Wanted: JZA70 1JZ-GTE Auto Tranny ECU Picture. Sun, 29 May 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is no auto ecu, it`s combined with the engine control, thats why it says 1jz-gte A/T, and thats why a manual ecu will not run the g-box because there is know software for it... it`s simple if you think about it... the engines themselves work independantly of the transmission... Smile
MacroP
Regular

April 2004
Re: Wanted: JZA70 1JZ-GTE Auto Tranny ECU Picture. Sun, 29 May 2005 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earthweb wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 18:41

Thanks dude Smile And yeah, I know where the auto ECU is.
I've stripped the interior of the front cut and pulled out all the ECUs that I came across.
It's just I've read reference to an ECT (electronically controlled transmission) ECU which controls the auto box and it says it's located in the kick panel on the passenger side, and in my front cut all that's there is a relay board, the power steering ECU and wiper control ECU.
Apparently the ECT ECU is about the size of a cigarette packet with a single plug in one end with around 18 or so pins. I've come across an ECU that fits this description but this one doesn't say what it's for on the side like the other ECUs do. This one is coloured grey with a 14 pin plug and just has a sticker that says...
88650-14260
077100-4512
12V
DENSO JAPAN
My friend has a JZX90 Mk2 Tourer (Chaser) with the 1JZ-GTE and says his ECT ECU is under the front passenger seat.

- Chris.

That part number is for a "Amplifier Assy, Cooler Stabilizer"
It's part of the Air-Con/Heating system.

As far a I can tell with my JDM Toyota parts CD, your car doesn't have a seperate ECT ECU, ie the tranny is controlled for the engine computer. There are anything up to 13 ECU/Computers of some decription in the particular vehicle but only the engine unit controls the tranny.
Your friends car shouldn't have a seperate unit either, I think!
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Wanted: JZA70 1JZ-GTE Auto Tranny ECU Picture. Mon, 30 May 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, thanks very much for the help Smile
One less thing to worry about in the conversion.

- Chris.
JZA70T
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: Wanted: JZA70 1JZ-GTE Auto Tranny ECU Picture. Tue, 31 May 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maverick wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 22:41

there is no auto ecu, it`s combined with the engine control, thats why it says 1jz-gte A/T, and thats why a manual ecu will not run the g-box because there is know software for it... it`s simple if you think about it... the engines themselves work independantly of the transmission... Smile

Hmm is this not wat i said!!!!!! Explanation must have not been simple enough for some!!! Smile
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Wanted: JZA70 1JZ-GTE Auto Tranny ECU Picture. Wed, 01 June 2005 01:32 Go to previous message
JZA70T, I understood you the first time.

But yesterday I rang up MV Automatics to find out info on the stage 1.5 shift kit for the A342E gearbox in my JZA70 front cut. Micheal said the A340E that's in my GZ20 Soarer now is better than the A342E as the the A342E runs out of legs when you get up to 300kw and the A340E keeps going.
This is when I asked him if the 1JZGTE computer could run the different auto box and he asked about the ecu for the auto box. So I said the guys on Toymods said the JZA70 doesn't have an ECU for the auto box and he said he was sure they did so he said contact Danny at Japanese Motorsports. He said it should be in the passenger side kick panel.
Danny wasn't at JMS so I spoke to Chris and at first he said they don't have an ecu for the auto but he put me on hold and came back to tell me he was wrong and they do have an ecu for the auto and it should be right next to the engine ecu and there should be 2 small plugs that go into it. He even said he could supply me with one.
I have come across an ecu with 2 small plugs, one white and one blue. The white one has 'natural' written inside of it, I thought it might be Japlish for Neutral, ie neutral switch on the auto. There is a plug that fits the blue plug and the wires going into it are all blue. This ecu was sitting in a pool of water by itself on the drivers side when I picked the front cut up so the id tag on it has peeled off.
My friend Russell (Poombah) has a JZA70 and he reckons his has an auto ecu in the passenger side kick panel.
I've seen some tech wiring diagrams that show some wires from the auto box going to the main ecu and some going to an ect ecu which I assume means electonic controlled transmission ecu. It also says the little pig tail coming off the main ecu goes to the ect computer.
Anyway, I think the easiest thing to do is cut back the spiral insulation around the main loom and trace the wires from the auto box to the main plugs.

- Chris.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:whats the go? when selling AE-86's
Next Topic:SAFC Tuner in Canberra ???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:13:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054078102111816 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.