Toymods » The Outhouse » any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Sun, 29 May 2005 10:10 Go to next message
as above,

i have noticed lately the new Dolmio ads look to me {i'm pure bred bogan} as tho they would be very offensive to Italian people, i.e. the over emphasised accents ect ect

does this annoy anyone else
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Sun, 29 May 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no more than ads making fun of country aussies.

and less than movies like point break claiming that abomination of an accent at the end even resembles anything australian
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Sun, 29 May 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sure theres some stupid old lady somewhere in leichardt having a coronary every time the add comes on. theres always someone offended by some add.
did you know the add where the parents take their kids to be adopted before they get too attatched because they want the food to themselves (cant think of the brand)? well that gets more complaints than pretty much any other add at the moment. some damn whingers around.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Sun, 29 May 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i remember there was a sun screen add a while back where a bunch of black guys were talking about how good the sunscreen was and they all cracked up laughing at whiteys cause they only needed to put it on the bottoms of their feet and the palms of their hands.

i thought it was funny, it got pulled too.
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Sun, 29 May 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 08:53

i remember there was a sun screen add a while back where a bunch of black guys were talking about how good the sunscreen was and they all cracked up laughing at whiteys cause they only needed to put it on the bottoms of their feet and the palms of their hands.

Yeah I remember those ads, they were for UV sunscreen about 10 years ago. They literally only lasted a couple of days before they were pulled. I saw two different ads (the one you mentioned, plus another one where the punch line was "Mother Nature must be black") about once each and then they were gone.

Damn PC was just coming into vogue at the time too.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Sun, 29 May 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anyone was to be offended by these ads, they would be the same type of whingers that complained about Toyota's 'bugger' ad and got that pulled off air... Who the hell complained about 'bugger'???

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Sun, 29 May 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about those ads with the black fellas with the huge 'fros.

So many people are just too precious these days. Noone seems to have a sense of humour anymore. PC has just about fucked everything I reckon.

Cheers, Greg.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Sun, 29 May 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i remember reading somewhere that the year the bugger ads came out they attracted more complaints then all other pieces of advertising combined... *sigh* and its hardle what you'd call offensive anyway..

danm pc thugs.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Mon, 30 May 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant stand australia these types of whingers are ruining the country.

i reckon if u cant take a good old fasioned MUM JOKE on the chin then go home.

aussies are bogans

aussies are yobbos

aussies are loud mouths

aussies arent just pastey white boys with a convict origin

i know heaps of people of all different origins and none of them look essentially "australian" becasue they are asian or lebanese but at the same time they act like assuies CALL THEMSELVES aussies and get along with everyone.

i just cant stand those ppl who hear something like "YA MUM" and the try and fight u for it. fuck me get over it lighten up.

oh yea and those people who complain about the police hassling them when they are breaking the law, would u rather they just shot u for doing a burnout or drag racing instead of writing u a ticket? i know plenty or place u can go where things are a hell of alot worse.

basically i reckon im fucken lucky living in australia and i know sometimes things get a little tight when it comes to our cars but at the same time were getting solutions to our problems. if anyone out there thinks they have no venues to rip it up in the cars go look at the cruises and events page or track talk and u will see just how wrong you are!

jsut so everyone knows im my parents are english and south american, i guess in some ways i look a little bit aborignal (well thats what these aborignal kids i see every few years up at forster tell me all the time) but im an aussie and im fucken proud to be and i wouldnt want to live anywhere else. oh well maybe NZ casue there arent any whingers there, jsut nice country roads and awsome cars and friendly farmer smiles Very Happy

enough of my ranting im going to have some VEGEMITE for breakfast
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Mon, 30 May 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good on you !
I wasn't born in australia but i came her at 6 weeks old so i call myself australian.

My Tv has more than one channel so if i see something i dont like I CHANGE THE CHANNEL.
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Mon, 30 May 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its good to have a bit of humour on TV, even if it is at the expense of "havin a go" at someone - tongue in cheek. Most decent people know that nothin should be taken to heart - all good fun I say! Smile

But Seriously - does anybody else find "PAD/TAMPON ads" out of left field! Since when does a pad have anything to do with:

Parachuting . . . .
Waves rolling in at the beach . . . .
Flowers in the garden . . . . . .
Labrador Puppy . . . . Confused

ETC
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Mon, 30 May 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, but the tampon ad with the guy saying "mousey mousey mouse" to the cat is awesome Smile
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Mon, 30 May 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Or those stupid thrush adds where the chick can do her pottery properly 'cos she's beaten her thrush.

But Fark is right. Everyone now is so sensitive and so PC that you can't say shit without getting a complaint from someone.

Personally, I'm fed up with PC and all those sensitive nancy boys and girls that get all offended. I'm also very weary of whinging dickheads that actually write/ring into a TV station (or whoever) to complain about something that offended them. Get over it and change the channel.

But I do hate that I-node or whatever add it is with that annoying song and that silly letter "I" jumping about the place. I'm not sure who does it 'cos I always flick the channel over when it comes on. I should find out who's add it is so I can make sure to avoid their product due to their dumb add. Smile

seeyuzz
river
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Mon, 30 May 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in high school me and my mates would joke around, id call them gooks, abbos, wogs, it was all cool and they would call me breeder, convict, white trash noone cared. but fuck, you should see the faces you get when your out in public and you muck around with you mates, i got threatened by a bunch of lebbos who overheard us one day cause i called my mate a wog Rolling Eyes
its funny that im half danish, and my old boys danish friends call me a wog cause im half aussie Wink
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Mon, 30 May 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same evo! I went to a very multicultural school, large asian population. We gave each other heaps all the time, but it was all good natured, there was never any racial hatred.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Tue, 31 May 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamma mia

Luigi not happy Mad

bah, how can you get offended by something that's stupid anyway?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Tue, 31 May 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh heh, I love those "mousy mousy" ads. Also, a great add that I wish they'd bring back is the ad where the chick goes "We're gonna talk about women stuff. So if you're a guy, look in the top right" and all through the ad, they showed an F1 race! It was awesome and worked like a charm! I didn't know what the ad was for until the fourth time I watched it, and I only found out 'cuz I specifically didn't watch the F1 racing in the corner to find out WTF this ad was about. I think it was about period pain, or tampons or something. I forget.

Something I do find a bit over the top are those new nasal spray technology ads on the radio. The guy/chick goes "The men are embarrassed, the wives are upset and the problem wont go away if you stick your head in the sand. Premature ejaculation. Problems with getting an erection..." WTF? Shut up! Still, I just chuck my headset on and listen to my CDs or change the radio station if I’m in the car. Cool

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 00:44]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Tue, 31 May 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i get deeply offended Rolling Eyes
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Tue, 31 May 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha ha ha ha. People getting too easily offended... sounds familour.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Tue, 31 May 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 08:53

I remember my year 4 teacher talking about that ad. He said for a while it was believed that black people simply could not get melanoma (which is why the black guys are laughing etc.)
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Tue, 31 May 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That new Kantong Wokstar ad is in pretty bad taste. I can see the humour in it, but still.. heh.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Tue, 31 May 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

What about the "not so squeezy" add. Does that offend any asians?

seeyuzz
river
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Tue, 31 May 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clearly all asians are fat and run around half naked.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Tue, 31 May 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 18:07

clearly all asians are fat and run around half naked.

Hey... aint nothing wrong with being a fat asian...
Running around half naked is a different story though Razz
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Tue, 31 May 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 17:44

That new Kantong Wokstar ad is in pretty bad taste. I can see the humour in it, but still.. heh.

yea that add is pretty bad

That dolmio add isnt that bad,although it does pretty much sum up the older generation of italians though lol
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Tue, 31 May 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the dolmio ads are:

blooody beauuutiful moite
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Tue, 31 May 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just found the topic name funny. lol.

i dont see why they would be though,

tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: any Italians here offended by Dolmio ads Tue, 31 May 2005 12:06 Go to previous message
I HATE fucking whiners with nothing better to do with their time than bitch and whine about some 30 second advertisement on T.V. CRY ME A FUCKING RIVER YOU LITTLE BITCHES.

I wish I had the time to have a whinge to someone every time I saw something on T.V. that pissed me off, but I have more important shit to do like scratch my balls. They need to get over it and find something better to do with their time.

God damn it
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:conversion problem "sxr01a" damsr8 nng
Next Topic:Ebay - When will they ever learn......
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:45:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097200870513916 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.