Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Focal
Occasional Poster

September 2003

EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Thu, 26 May 2005 15:11 Go to next message
Hi all,

Well, I'm considering selling my ST185 Celica GT4. What're these things worth nowadays days? All the usual specs, 145000ks. Plus the fun stuff:

- JIC coilover suspension on all corners (very firm)
- Wolf3D ECU, including MAP sensor conversion
- Hi-flowed CT26 turbo (just been rebuilt)
- Custom intake with pod filter
- 600x300x75mm FMIC
- Full 3" exhaust turbo-back, custom dump pipe, hi-flow muffler
- HKS digital boost controller
- HKS SSQV BOV
- 17" Circlar 5-spoke alloys
- Momo steering wheel
- Turbo timer
- Pioneer DEH7650 CD/mp3 player, 15" sub, amps - happy to separate stereo

Old picture from when in Japan attached. Looks about the same externally, plus big FMIC. More pics upon request, but just guaging value/interest at this stage.

Attachment: gt4-1.jpg
(Size: 57.82KB, Downloaded 323 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Fri, 27 May 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks nice Smile

As for price, I would estimate around $12-$14K depending on the condition etc..

What sort of power are you getting from the current setup?

Also, roughly what did your turbo rebuild cost you? I'm looking at doing exactly the same.

Cheers.
oWaF_22
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Fri, 27 May 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am in perth and looking for one of these.
[PMed] for cash or swap if i don't sell my car in time.
i'll post pics here if you're interested.
bigwurm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Sun, 29 May 2005 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats insurance like on these cars? If its better then what I'm paying for the soarer and the price is reasonable, I'd definantly consider it.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Mon, 30 May 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
insurance for GT4's are usually pretty high i rekcon a price closer to 15k is about right for this car. u usally see them going for 10-13 depending on mods but looks at this one...

- JIC coilover suspension on all corners (very firm)
- Wolf3D ECU, including MAP sensor conversion
- Hi-flowed CT26 turbo (just been rebuilt)
- 600x300x75mm FMIC

and has pretty good KMS too.
bigwurm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Mon, 30 May 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if the sinruance is hell of a lot better then $2,900 a year, then it would be worth it. But I'm not up for spending more then $14,000 on another car, I want some change after I sell the Soarer.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Mon, 30 May 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im only paying 75 a month for insurance Very Happy Very Happy but its under my mums name (but its also covered for any other driver just a higher excess for other drivers) and she has a way with insurance companies and getting deals.... I know the insurance is alot cheaper then wrx's and skylines but im not sure if they are cheaper then soarers.
bigwurm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Mon, 30 May 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But crashing it means its a ding against your mums no claim bonus. I wasnt gonna do that to my mum, seeing as how my sister crashed my mums sonata into my friends landcruiser - costing a pretty penny.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 May 2005 05:15]

WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Mon, 30 May 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah fair enough im not planning on crashing its just a fail safe... but shit does happen Sad
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Mon, 30 May 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Insurance is expensive compared to the value of the car.

Expect to pay over $1,000 even over age 30 with a perfect driving record! I reckon that's a lot for a $14,000 car.
Focal
Occasional Poster

September 2003

Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Mon, 30 May 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty: When I said 'just been rebuilt', I wasn't joking; tho it should probably read 'still at the workshop being rebuilt' Smile It should be on the dyno soon, I'll post the results when I get them. Hoping for around 200kw ATW @ 1 bar. (I forgot to mention it does have aftermarket injectors and fuel pump which are important in a Gen2 3S-GTE)

oWaF: Probably not looking for a swap (I'm fairly set on what's going to replace it), but no hurry to sell so we'll see how things go, keep in touch.

Re insurance queries, I only insure it 3rd party. I have strange views about comprehensive insurance (insurance companies exist to make a profit so if you're in the better 50% of drivers on the road then on average you are financially better off not insuring.. but most people think that's crazy talk). I believe it would be around $1K/yr to insure one of these with a decent no-claim bonus on your side.

bigwurm: They really shouldn't let girls drive cars.
bigwurm
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Mon, 30 May 2005 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got a price figure what you want for it? I'm after a celica of this era, GT4 would be the ideal choice.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Tue, 31 May 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Focal wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 20:42

Matty: When I said 'just been rebuilt', I wasn't joking; tho it should probably read 'still at the workshop being rebuilt' Smile It should be on the dyno soon, I'll post the results when I get them. Hoping for around 200kw ATW @ 1 bar. (I forgot to mention it does have aftermarket injectors and fuel pump which are important in a Gen2 3S-GTE)

This is probably not the right forum, but I would love to hear the results of your dyno tuning. Also the cost of the turbo rebuild.

Thanks Smile
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Wed, 01 June 2005 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am also interesed in price, althought his ones probably to nice for me. As I only have about 10k to spend.
pug_ski
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Thu, 02 June 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Focal wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 18:42

Re insurance queries, I only insure it 3rd party. I have strange views about comprehensive insurance (insurance companies exist to make a profit so if you're in the better 50% of drivers on the road then on average you are financially better off not insuring.. but most people think that's crazy talk). I believe it would be around $1K/yr to insure one of these with a decent no-claim bonus on your side.

With my recently bought GT4, full comp (inclusive with 3k stereo and only exhaust/muffler as after market) insurance was best quoted to me by Just Car @ $1600 a yr. SGIO topped the list with $2300 and Budget Car Insurance said they wouldn't do it at all. Razz

I'm almost 21 tho and only have had my licence for a yr so that wouldn't help...but yer, it's not cheapski. Sad

I bought mine for $11500...down from $12500 cause the brakes need work...and mines practically factory. imho u should be able to get a nice amount...15k maybe with those mods.
Focal
Occasional Poster

September 2003

Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Thu, 02 June 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I was hoping to get around $14K, or $13K without the stereo, sounds like that wouldn't be unreasonable. It's got a few shortcomings which stop it being worth top dollar (e.g paint has a couple of imperfections, dash is lifted in parts) but lots of interesting fruit to compensate Wink

Could be a bit tricky finding one inside the $10K bracket, don't think I've ever seen one for sale that low. (Especially now that the 15 year rule for importing has finished, these things are only going to get rarer.)
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Thu, 02 June 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have seen several below 10k. I don't know what they were like though as they were sold before I had a chance to look. I am hoping to save up a bit more so I can start to consider the 12-15k mark.
Focal
Occasional Poster

September 2003

Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Sat, 11 June 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just publicly answering a few questions I got asked about it..

I purchased the car in March last year while it was still in Japan (so yes I am the first owner in Oz)

Body stuff: The front right quarterpanel has a bit of light rippling. Front left quarterpanel has a scrape about 1" square on the wheel arch which took the paint off (wasn't me) so has a bit of surface rust there, otherwise it's all rust free afaik. Paint is a little faded either side of the bonnet scoop. Just mentioning all this to be thorough - for a 15 year old car the exterior is all pretty good.

All of the engine mods except for the boost controller have been done in the last 12 months by Global Motorworks and Performanz Turbochargers in Welshpool. The factory computer which was still in when I got it have a boost cut at 10 psi, so we can be confident it never ran above this while in Japan.

It was on the dyno yesterday after the turbo rebuild/upgrade (to a Group A compressor), got 215hp at the wheels @ 1.1 bar.

http://www.focal.net.au/GT4-dyno.jpg
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: EOI: ST185 Celica GT4 [Perth] Sun, 12 June 2005 01:48 Go to previous message
good luck with it man.
nice results there too on the dyno too. welldone.

[Updated on: Sun, 12 June 2005 02:23]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: NISSAN 180SX 1994 (non toyota sale)
Next Topic:URGENT SALE- TA22 Celica
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:05:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010497093200684 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.