Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 02:11 Go to next message
Anybody know of a company or of another model strut brace that fits the RA2x and also if anybody has herd of one been fitted to the rear of the 28s.
  Send a private message to this user    
dorikin
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the rear???? have you looked in your boot lately??? as for the front, do a search, it's been done to death!!
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes i did a search and all i came up with was one and I tried the part number they supplied and whiteline refered it to be bolts $13.64
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm thinking a S13 might fit but haven't been able to test it yet Sad

ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did the search and found the thread and it talks about a group buy through Whiteline once a few various different model were measured up.
It ends without the question being answered except that one of the guys got one made up on the spot for his RA23.
So, has this progressed any further ?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strut braces are really easy to make/get made. Just go to an engineering shop (NOT a "performance" workshop) and show them what you want. I'm in the process of doing this for my MA61.
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that was my other option just wanted to see if anyone had fitted another car model to one.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The odds of another car having the exact same distance/angles between the strut tops are pretty slim. You'll either need a specific RA2x Celica strut brace or get one fabricated.
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You never know with Toyota they seem to stick to a certain way of building cars across a wide range.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 14:41

The odds of another car having the exact same distance/angles between the strut tops are pretty slim. You'll either need a specific RA2x Celica strut brace or get one fabricated.

However, if you want a rear brace for something like an xA6x liftback, where you have to drill holes to suit anyway, then all you really need is the correct length.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whiteline does have an RA2* strut brace in their range, which you can find on their online catalogue thru their website.

I would personally get one made though, i dont like their brace bar design Razz
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you be more specific please ......what don't you like about their design ?

Thanks.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 14:41

Actually the whiteline strut tower brace for the ST185 came in a box with a label on it saying some other model (Honda something?)

I'd say its pretty common for one adjustable strut tower brace to fit another car.
The angles of the strut top don't matter hugely because the end pieces pivot and the length between struts isn't hugely important either because the brace can extend +/- a few cm anyway.

Give whiteline a call as they definately have something that fits... RA23 part number is KSB601
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 17:40

Can you be more specific please ......what don't you like about their design ?

Thanks.

The Whiteline brace is quite good, the only thing I would consider better is a 3 point strut tower brace but then the GT4 has a fairly lightweight 3 point brace from factory.
I've got it and the whiteline one on at the moment... Overkill I know but what else was I going to do with the factory one?!
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 17:48

Give whiteline a call as they definately have something that fits... RA23 part number is KSB601

Toobs,
If its not a rude question, how much did Whiteline ask for the RA23 strut-bar ?
Thanks,
Mitch.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1 / 1 / Alloy adjustable / Celica RA23 Front Strut Brace
Code: #KSB601
Price: AU$180.91 (Australian Dollars)
NOTE: Australian deliveries must add 10% GST

https://www.whiteline.com.au/store/images/products/KSB601.jpg
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Thu, 26 May 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you !
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Fri, 27 May 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA-022 wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 22:02

1 / 1 / Alloy adjustable / Celica RA23 Front Strut Brace
Code: #KSB601
Price: AU$180.91 (Australian Dollars)
NOTE: Australian deliveries must add 10% GST

https://www.whiteline.com.au/store/images/products/KSB601.jpg

That engine bay looks familiar Very Happy
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Sat, 28 May 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wha? who's motor is it? just the pic from whiteline's site.

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Sun, 29 May 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I'm not mistaken that's CLKWRK. How many painfully-orange RA23's have a 4A-GE under the bonnet?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Mon, 30 May 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There seems to be a problem with that picture though... No turbo!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Mon, 30 May 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should also notice that "the perm" CLKWRK now does not use the whiteline brace bar, but another custom made STRAIGHT rod.

What i dont like is the way that the bar is bent. To me this would allow for flex within the bracing bar itself, thus reducing the active bracing that the bar is supposed to be doing.

Well thats what i tihnk anyway.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Mon, 30 May 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the same way as you, the strut bar should be solid, like any OEM Toyota unit, not 'adjustable' and curved, as it will lead to flexing, and that is the exact thing you want to stop when you fit one of these.

So, still leaves us with no direct bolt on strut bar for a RA23/28.
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Strut brace for a Ra2X Mon, 30 May 2005 04:07 Go to previous message
Well I might look into getting one made when i return to the of promise (Brisbane) and i'll post up what it turns out like. If its any good i might get a couple made for the other RA2X lovers if there is interest of course and the price will have to be affordable other wise its not worth it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3sgte into NA SW20 mr2
Next Topic:does anyone know of an easy conversion for a 79 hilux
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:55:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008479118347168 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.