September 2003

icon5.gif  Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 04:32 Go to next message

Toyota Performance Store[ 57 vote(s) ]
1.I would purchase online 13 / 23%
2.I would purchase either online or from a shop 35 / 61%
3.I would only purchase from a physical shop 8 / 14%
4.I wouldn't purchase anything 1 / 2%

Hi all,

I'm currently investigating the viability of setting up a store (both online and physical) to supply performance engine parts (new) to Toyota fans Australia wide.

I am initially looking at covering parts for:

1zzfe, 2zzge, 7m*, 3s*, 1g*, 1jzgte, 2jz*, 4ag*, 18rg*

*indicates all variants of particular engine model (eg turbo / non turbo)*

With the idea that I will be able to supply TRD / Tom's / MWR / Toysport parts for australian customers and keep a local warehouse of parts for our beloved Toyota's.

What I would like to know is whether people would purchase from an online store or shop front only (initially) - Once this poll ends, I will add another one to determine frequency of purchases.

Thanks for any help and support.

Ben.
RA23MAD.
Working to help the Toyota Community.

Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would generally only purchase from the actual store, mainly cos i don't have a credit card and like to meet the sales ppl and see the good in person. But might be a bit hard being in adelaide to purchase from a store when i'm in NSW.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I buy alot of stuff online. You can usually save some money because online shops do not have the same overheads as a real storefront.

Though it does have it pitfalls. I just got a package sent over from japan and they sent me the wrong items.
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers so far for responses and feedback.

Keep them coming....

If all goes the way I am expecting - performance parts for Toyota's in Australia will no longer be a pain in the backside.
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends where the store was if it was local I would come in so I could get to know the person I was buying off. There's nothing like buying off someone you know. But if your where in another state i would shop online.

Alex
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I look around for what i want online but like to actually see the parts before buying to make sure i get what i want.
Still if someone was in Adelade and deals only in Toyota stuff then they must know what they are doing and would be happy to get parts from them.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally find TOMS, TRD etc parts way over priced for what they do.
Lots of their parts are starting to become 'ricer' parts and useless for the enthusiast.

I find any special part is usually better done custom or by an Aussie or NZ workshop.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
absolutely I would!

best bit about it is you could run it from work untill it becomes big enough to leave your job and then you could run it from home or possibly start a physical store...

I say go for it ben! Very Happy
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is toysport still alive i've been trying to get an answer out of them for months now with no luck. If you were going to stock some of there parts that would be good. 1st part you could order in for me is a 152e motor. Very Happy
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Again thank you all for feedback...

So far it's looking like I should definatly proceed with the idea.

Stay tuned - in the next few days there should be something for you all Smile

Matt - how did you read my mind Razz

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got teh 1337 skillz0r Cool Cool Cool
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its a great idea.
i prefer to buy online because i can browse without being pestered, and i dont have to get off my lazy ass Smile

i dont have a credit card although most people will accept a direct deposit into their bank accounts.

Thats how i bought my car, my head unit, and most of the mods for my old honda.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as most people have said, i would go to a physical store if it was local, but otherwise purchase online

sounds like a good idea Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people have spoken ben!

DOO EEET Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would only ever physically buy from a shop... Much better that way and you'll know if it's the right part too...
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWIW I buy/shop online all the time. Go for it Smile
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks all for the support and honest answers...

It's much appreciated Smile
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Performance parts store Mon, 30 May 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My personal preferance is going into a physical shop and talking to the sales people and representatives. Gives me a chance to get to know them, and when you do, you are able to get anything at all *just about* you want. Razz Plus, human social contact is farily important, before long we'll all be looking at computer screens doing everything eh?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Performance parts store Tue, 31 May 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
90% of the time the people in the shop know less than you do.
And unless you have a common car like a JZA80 or any Skyline/Silvia then you won't get a part to suit your car from a shop.

Have a look at http://www.modyourcar.com

They provide lots of gear.
Starting up an internet business is a BIG risk and I think you'll find most people end up failing.

You are providing good to quite a closed market. Yes, one that is getting bigger, but so is choice. The more choice there is, the harder it is to provide good products.
Especially when you take into account things like Yahoo Auctions and all the importers.

Most people don't have the cash/care for brand new 'performance' products anyway.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Performance parts store Tue, 31 May 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As much as I like the idea, sorry to deflate your bubble, but I don't think these enough client base in the idea.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Performance parts store Tue, 31 May 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally i prefer buying frm shop BUT i would search for good prices online. seriously i cant be bothered running frm shop to shop or making calls comparing prices. i end up buying most things online anyway.

mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: Performance parts store Wed, 01 June 2005 09:22 Go to previous message
i say go for it alos Ben. i think its a top idea, if the shop was local for me, i'd definatley go in, and get to know pple n shit, like everyone else said.

i also agree with stradtler, ther wont be much clientele, but ther might be a whole lot more if u provided parts for ANY car, and any part at that just with an emphasis on toyota stuff etc. kinda like an AutoPro but waaay better, and friendlier

[Updated on: Wed, 01 June 2005 09:24]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Price to sell a 4AGZE twinny for?
Next Topic:Tercel and Starlet Videos etc
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:29:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066239833831787 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.