Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Idle gone crazy!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Idle gone crazy! Sun, 29 May 2005 19:00 Go to next message
Just came back from the missus this morning...
Start the car...unusually heard a soft "puck" noise while the engine kicked over and started. I thort it was maybe a backfire or a miss-spark.
Drove down the road and noticed my idling was off by 1.
Not only that, but when the car was moving and the gear in neutral, it would rev back and forth by 500rpm..until i came to a complete stop when it would rev to 2 instead of 1.
I pulled over, and inspected wot the problem could be.
I found that there was a hissing/sucking noise comming from the throttle body.
To be more specific, it came from a tiny L-shaped piece of metal directly to the right of the throttle body. Above this little port, about 1cm away, was another 1 but it had a pipe comming from it...
So i looked around for maybe a loose pipe (i thort it was the breather for the air intake but it wasnt - or at least i dont think it was)but i couldnt find anything...
I looked around the manifold and found several other same L-shaped ports, some with hoses comming from them, some with just a hard plastic plug.
Im just wondering is the one that i saw exposed suppose to have a plug or a pipe connected to it...and how the heck it feel off in the first place!

[Updated on: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:02]

Send a private message to this user    
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Idle gone crazy! Mon, 30 May 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a guess so i take no responsibility if it breaks, but yes i would think it should have a pipe or something. If it is hissing. i am unsure how big this pipe is but if it is what i think it is the it is prob less then 10mm ID. if so start the car get someone to sit in it, stick your finger on the pipe (remember only if it is small, no loss of fingers please) and if the idle settles down it will need plugging (if you can't find anything to stick on it). My first car had a vacuum tree that had internal plugs so maybe one come off or maybe it just had a plug that fell off.

Thats my 2 cents anyway

the pop could have even been the plug coming out your exhaust.
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Idle gone crazy! Mon, 30 May 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like it had a small backfire when you started it and this is what blew the plug/hose off.
Just find the hose or another plug to fit it and all will be good.
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Idle gone crazy! Mon, 30 May 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got it fixed this morning.
The bugger lost the tiny plastic/rubber plug.
Solution?
5mm hose with a screw on the end Very Happy
How the heck it came off, i have no idea as the thing sucks air in...not blow...weird ass Confused
When i get time and money, ill drop by a wrecker and get the proper plug...if i can be fcuked Razz
sagluren
Regular

May 2005

Re: Idle gone crazy! Mon, 30 May 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The hole would be for a vacuum. If there was a plug it would be best to plug it up with correct plug. But yes most holes in the intake manny are vacuum plugs and hoses, think about it air and fuel get sucked into the engine from there, why would it blow.

There is my 2 cents.

Defect.
fatboy
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Idle gone crazy! Mon, 30 May 2005 10:30 Go to previous message
just check that it was just plugged and not running to another outlet. had a similar problem, blocked it no worries but on cold start, problem came back some cold start thermostat or some crap.

(if you go to a wrecker for the proper lug you got way too much time brother.....) haha
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RSM installation on st184
Next Topic:Easy tailshatf upgrade for RA2x
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:43:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039680004119873 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.