Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
80s Toyota headlamps Mon, 30 May 2005 18:19 Go to next message
Hi,

Wondering if each of the following were fitted with halogen lights or sealed beam; considering use of a pair of lights from one of these for a custom application...

- ST141/RT142 Corona
- MX62 Cressida
- RA60 Celica
- SA63/RA65 Celica

Other headlamps (halogen) of

(a) similar face angle (ie. face close to vertical in original application), and
(b) square outer end (at the outside end must be two 90deg angles and vertical edge)
would be of interest, if you have any ideas?

(Only thought of X# series Falcon at this stage which fit this category... =/)
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Mon, 30 May 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Celica's use halogen.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Tue, 31 May 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FYI, Hilux's, Hiace's, Tarago's, all popup light Toyota's all use the same headlight.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Tue, 31 May 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
search em up on ebay
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Tue, 31 May 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure how eBay can tell me if these cars had halogen headlamps? Please elaborate.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Tue, 31 May 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 10:45

FYI, Hilux's, Hiace's, Tarago's, all popup light Toyota's all use the same headlight.

So AW11, SW20, RA6#, SA6#, MA6#, GA6#, ST16#, ST18#, AE8#...?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Tue, 31 May 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWIW, Aus xA6xs have halogens; the U.S. ones are sealed beam IIRC.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Tue, 31 May 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&rd=1&item=7977478258&category=3 3710

coz i saw this on there a while ago, not sure if its relevant to u or not though
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Tue, 31 May 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the input so far. Surely an RT142 driver will read this eventually. Otherwise I'll have to go walk down to Centre Rd Wreckers and walk around in the rain SHOCK HORROR lol
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Tue, 31 May 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 00:00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&rd=1&item=7977478258&category=3 3710

coz i saw this on there a while ago, not sure if its relevant to u or not though

Oh, OK. Thanks, but I'm actually asking what lights the above cars were fitted with from factory. Cheers.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Wed, 01 June 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about ke70/ae71 and t18. ke55 (1980/81) had the sealed lights
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Wed, 01 June 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

My KE70 has sealed beam headlights and they absolutely suck. I'd be better off sticking my head out and screaming then listening for the echo... it's called echolocation and it works for bats. If I were driving in the water it'd be called active sonar.

towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Thu, 02 June 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about using aftermarket replacement lights from Hella or Narva ? Or see about a twin light conversion ? Use a standard hi-lo light and the second light is for hi-beam. From memory the Nissan bluebird is like that.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Thu, 02 June 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
September_Squall wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 23:03

My KE70 has sealed beam headlights and they absolutely suck. I'd be better off sticking my head out and screaming then listening for the echo... it's called echolocation and it works for bats. If I were driving in the water it'd be called active sonar.

this is, by a fair margin, the funniest shit ive ever read,

im literally rolling on the floor laughing

top stuff!

Eldar.O.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 80s Toyota headlamps Thu, 02 June 2005 13:39 Go to previous message
towe_001 wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 15:38

How about using aftermarket replacement lights from Hella or Narva ? Or see about a twin light conversion ? Use a standard hi-lo light and the second light is for hi-beam. From memory the Nissan bluebird is like that.

I used Narva and Hella replacement halogen inserts for my TA22 lights, but they were a standard size. I don't think the KE70 lamps are.

As for the high beam, I've got a set of Cibie lights to put under the bumper in the existing indicator positions. I drive in the mountains and rural areas a fair bit so I need some good light.

Current plan is adapt some similarly designed halogen lights, run good 55/100 or 90/135 globes, then the Cibies for my mountain runs.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Painting a Celica!
Next Topic:anyone with black top 20v turbo
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 19:53:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053040981292725 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.