Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 31 May 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 09:31

Is this a car show as in competition or just show your car for fun? Do you have to pre-enter?

Its just for fun but they do give away prizes. Just show up is all you have to do.
  Send a private message to this user    
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 31 May 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not really a car show. It's a whole lotta toyota enthusiasts getting together in a big carpark at once. At the end of the day, the special guest(last year it was two visitors from japan) or organiser will pick their favorite vehicle and they get a t-shirt or something similar.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 01:04]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 31 May 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good stuff. I was hoping it wasn't a "proper" car show because I don't think that my car would be up to scratch. Thanks guys. I am really looking forward to this now Smile
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 31 May 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pick me!! Pick me!!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 31 May 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 17:54

Pick me!! Pick me!!

Mexicans do count as international guests in QLD after all.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 31 May 2005 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've been quite a few years running now, checked my work roster and i am off that w/end. so i might as well come down for it again. Smile
should have a couple more AW11's with me and maybe a SW20.
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 01 June 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah I thought I was going to miss the day but I kick and screamed and refused to work so there sending me home earily for R&R.
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Fri, 03 June 2005 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will be there to say G'Day and check out the lovely toys! Smile
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Sat, 04 June 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if mine is back on the road by then.. you can count me in, wanna check out some other ra28's in town
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Sun, 05 June 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll come down in the morn, slap witzl, give shane a slap AND tickle, take my dizzy and hoon off up the road to the drags
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Sun, 05 June 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah baby!!!!!! Shocked
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 06 June 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

This sounds mighty tempting. I haven't taken the old girl on a run longer than Syd-Taree - and that was a few years ago.

I'll have to burn some more 70s music to CD to keep me amused. However, I'm still unsure whether to go or not. Decisions.... decisions.

seeyuzz
river
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 06 June 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there with bells on, can't wait!
I'm currently in Noosa at the moment having a bit of R&R, so I should be in good spirits by then.

Witzl, I'll give you a call on sat some time to find out where the gang is staying, I'll most likely be at a mates place about 30min north of brissy (Murrumba Downs, if anyone knows where the hell that is!). Are you planing on heading back monday or tuesday? I'll be keen to head back to Sydney with the convoy.

Anyway, good luck to everyone trecking up here, hell, if the celica can make it with minimum problems, everyone else should be fine. Just watch out for the roadworks every 50kms, they can get a bit annoying.

Once again good luck, & I'll see everyone bright & early sunday morning! Yay!Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 06 June 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigWorm wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 17:52

I'll most likely be at a mates place about 30min north of brissy (Murrumba Downs, if anyone knows where the hell that is!).

Man.. Its like 6 minutes up the road Rolling Eyes
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 06 June 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car would be fresh back from the panel beaters and looking nice and respectable finally! But i'll be at work Sad
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 06 June 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries bigperm Smile

I wont be leaving brissy until tues/wed, but will be stopping in at ballina for a day or so to visit family. Dont know the full plan until i get there really Smile
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 06 June 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good.... post some pix when the day comes...

cant make it to brisbane

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2005 10:49]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 06 June 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am heading up through Dubbo with a detour through Tamworth on Friday.
Will then make a dash for Brissy on Saturday.

My friend Mark with 70+ Crowns will be coming up too, in a Corolla. No No No

I'll be making my way back down the coast.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 06 June 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car is getting tuned on Thursday so I should be good to go Smile

Bigworm: I work in Noosa mate Smile Seeya all on Sunday
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 07 June 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im there. its a 2 minute drive from my house Smile

how early is everyone getting there?
(i gotta have time to detail the car so i can win that t-shirt)
Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 07 June 2005 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Can't make it. Sad

I just don't have the time or money at the moment. I would of loved to show off the RA25 to you Qlders (as well go on a nice long run), but alas, it's not to be. Hopefully I can get there next year, with the old girl's restoration fully completed.

Have fun and take heaps of piccies for us to look at.

seeyuzz
river
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 07 June 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 07:23

Can't make it. Sad

Soft. Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 08 June 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

gianttomato wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 09:35

river wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 07:23

Can't make it. Sad

Soft. Laughing

Yep.... and old! Smile

Just got back from the painters to get a quote on an immaculate full respray - one of the last things on the restoration list before she gets put away for good. I want her ready for Sydney's biggest All Toyota Day which is around October.

seeyuzz
river
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 08 June 2005 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any Mr2 owners heading to this event, please shoot me a PM. Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 09 June 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Won't be bringing Corona again Sad See post in tech section for details. Short version: it's not working properly.

Will be in my crappy ke70 daily with cow skin seat covers Razz
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 09 June 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll see you ladies tomorrow! Cool
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Fri, 10 June 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the feral in all it's ghetto bodgyness is packed and ready for the trip down to Brissie tomorow. see you all on Sunday. Smile
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 13 June 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a few pics from the day are here: <http://www.mkhala.com.au/thechuckster/All_Toyota_d ay_2005/All_Toyota_day_2005.html>

Sorry: large images are not dailup friendly but pages of thumbnails is.

Was good to see some old faces and meet some more of the names/people from here.

At a guess, i'd say there were nearly 80 cars in the yard on display (with heaps more out on the road) and people numbers might have hit 250 or more?

Clubs visible included Rising Sun, Toyota Car Club Qld, Toymods and Rollaboys. Did i miss anyone?

SAMPLES:
http://www.mkhala.com.au/thechuckster/All_Toyota_day_2005/All_Toyota_day_2005-Thumbnails/3.jpg

http://www.mkhala.com.au/thechuckster/All_Toyota_day_2005/All_Toyota_day_2005-Thumbnails/6.jpg

http://www.mkhala.com.au/thechuckster/All_Toyota_day_2005/All_Toyota_day_2005-Thumbnails/15.jpg

http://www.mkhala.com.au/thechuckster/All_Toyota_day_2005/All_Toyota_day_2005-Thumbnails/35.jpg

http://www.mkhala.com.au/thechuckster/All_Toyota_day_2005/All_Toyota_day_2005-Thumbnails/41.jpg
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 13 June 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello from South Oz. Congratulations on your all Toyota day. It looked like a fantastic day by looking at the pics.

You guys had some cars that aint to common to see on the roads being a bonus. Sean along with the Classic Celica Car Club is putting on the "Toyoshow" down here in Adelaide (if your not already aware of it)

We would like to put out an invite to you guys for the show which is in Feb next year. For more info go to the link below.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=63031&start=0&rid=173&S=59915385e072 a1b94185c0191de487f9

Again congrats for the day!

Hayley & Sean Cool

[Updated on: Mon, 13 June 2005 05:58]

BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 13 June 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GOD DAMNN IT! im so pissed i missed this! kens levin is lookin sweet now that he has the jap grill and his plates on now. lovin all those 86's lined up. looked like a good day
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 13 June 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I turned up at 1pm and just about everyone was gone Sad Being known as the All Toyota DayI thought it went for the day and therefore didn't bother leaving early from the Sunshine Coast. Was then very dissapointed. Glad I didn't drive my corona all the way down there now though.
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 14 June 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 13 June 2005 21:37

I turned up at 1pm and just about everyone was gone Sad Being known as the All Toyota DayI thought it went for the day and therefore didn't bother leaving early from the Sunshine Coast. Was then very dissapointed. Glad I didn't drive my corona all the way down there now though.

seems it wasnt toyota all day; it was all toyota day (+1 honda i think) Smile
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 14 June 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That new lexus was very pimp, the radar drive thing kind of worries me though.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 14 June 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I made it to the show but unfortunately the Crown hit a kangaroo at 110kph about 180 km out of Brisbane on the way up so was left stranded due to a munted radiator. Some good old bush technology allowed me to fit an MS112 radiator with cable ties and drive 2000 km back home. There is surprisingly little damage to the rest of the car (grille is fucked and there is a small dent in the bumperbar) but this is a great excuse to have the wagon painted Smile.

I have about 20 pictures. If someone would like to host them that would be great.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 14 June 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bad luck about that Kangaroo. Hope it isn't too bad.

Try www.picturetrail.com for free hosting.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 15 June 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well got back last night from a great road trip, witzl is still away and will be beaten after the blues win tonight.

Thanks for a great weekend guys, nice to meet people including wilbo, chuckster, cool1, soarer21 and of course the crowd favourite, v8_ma61.

Thaks to Norbie for keeping myself and teh witzl housed for the weekend, although the favour was more than paid back with a 24hr day on saturday. Starting at 6am, we managed to move a house full of furniture, a car with no engine, a boat and then proceeded to start on changing the shagged w57 for a w58 at 10pm after some noodle box and eddie murphy raw.

There are some amusing photos that witzl will post when he gets back, and finishing after the sun rose, finally got to bed around 7am for a quick nap before the show on sunday morning!

Anyways, was a decent show and that sports 800 was waaaaaay cool!

And for the amusement of brisbanites, i ended up at nudgee beach whilst trying to take a 'shortcut' to visit my gran in wavell heights from dutton park!

wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 15 June 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 09:27

I made it to the show but unfortunately the Crown hit a kangaroo at 110kph about 180 km out of Brisbane on the way up so was left stranded due to a munted radiator. Some good old bush technology allowed me to fit an MS112 radiator with cable ties and drive 2000 km back home. There is surprisingly little damage to the rest of the car (grille is fucked and there is a small dent in the bumperbar) but this is a great excuse to have the wagon painted Smile.

Ahh cable ties, is there anything they can't do! Twas a bugger to here about the crown/kangaroo incident, but if it means it will be getting a respray I guess its not so bad then!

BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 10:31

And for the amusement of brisbanites, i ended up at nudgee beach whilst trying to take a 'shortcut' to visit my gran in wavell heights from dutton park!

Funny. Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 15 June 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Blacksupra, do you actually have a black ma61? We were leaving in my mates black jzz30 Soarer and were driving next to a blueish MA61 with NSW plates ending in 34L. Wasn't sure if it was you or someone else from down South?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 15 June 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 11:08

BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 10:31

Funny. Smile

More than funny. I want to know if he went for a surf while he was there? Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 15 June 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah didnt think it would be too wise with the waste management plant there.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 15 June 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 11:15

Nah didnt think it would be too wise with the waste management plant there.

Cant be that bad, tis where our drinking water comes from Rolling Eyes
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 15 June 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pictures for perusal here.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 15 June 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra doesn't in fact drive a Black Supra, although he used too. He drives a rather nice 2 tone one with a 2JZ(for sale, shameless plug Very Happy ). His plates do in the letters you mentioned.

Good pics!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 15 June 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aaah ok. I thought so as I didn't think there would be that many NSW MA61's around that didn't sound regular Smile
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 15 June 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry... photos have been moved.
You can view them here: http://www.eviltrip.com/77/atd05/

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2005 09:30]

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 15 June 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry... photos have been moved.
You can view them here: http://www.eviltrip.com/77/atd05/

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2005 09:31]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 15 June 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blue car is John Duel's UZS131 Crown, sitting next to Witzl's non-bodykitted UZS131.

They shall henceforth be known as The Dish Brothers.
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 16 June 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pictures from me

Was a fun day Smile Apart from Shane and Norbie didn't really meet anyone else though, was John Duel there? I mustave completely missed him. I was hanging around the blue dish car for a bit, staring at dish and losing track of time Razz

*edit* lol I can't link Razz Fixed now, thanks gianttomato Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 05:08]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 16 June 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, try this link.
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 16 June 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 14:50

Blue car is John Duel's UZS131 Crown, sitting next to Witzl's non-bodykitted UZS131.

They shall henceforth be known as The Dish Brothers.

The so-called "Dish Bro.'s" cars were favourites of mine.
My gf seemed to like one of the red celicas.

I think im in love with those crowns wheels though. Shocked
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 16 June 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 12:47

Aaah ok. I thought so as I didn't think there would be that many NSW MA61's around that didn't sound regular Smile

Ah yes, we had left ina group but i stopped off at the BP servo for a top up and saw a nice soarer go past, so i had to catch up and have a perv.

Very Tidy.
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Fri, 17 June 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh it was a shame i couldn't show my dirty rolla at the day. Always when something good happens in Brisbane im out of town Mad
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 20 June 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt go
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 20 June 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 17:10

i didnt go

Cause you suck.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 20 June 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 17:19

i didnt go

Cause you suck.

havent complaind b4
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 20 June 2005 07:23 Go to previous message
Mr DOHC wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 17:20

Cool1 wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 17:19

i didnt go

Cause you suck.

havent complaind b4

Thats true.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyo Drift Nationals Round 3 - Entry Forms Now Available
Next Topic:Social night at the pub - 18/6/05 Castle Hill RSL - All welcome!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 00:41:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012561082839966 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.